Late deafened/Progressive Hearing Loss Tubes In Ears

mimimama

Reaction score
Curious of all the late deafies or hard of hearing progressive loss people > how many have had tubes in thier ears.

Had tubes in mine when I was about 12 and 2 years later they were still in my eardrum which of course grew around the tubes. 4 years later I got my first hearing aids.

the tubes and related scar tissue are 1 of the reasons for my conductive hearing loss i had tubes at 4 days off 1 year old im now 19

I try telling people this and they just shake their head. My kids will NEVER get these tubes put in their ears!! Funny my hearing loss didn't start till after that.

to a discuss i was having re scar tissues later for a kid we no

mums responsive was "they(the parents) would not to get get them"

i point out scar tissue issues
mum "oh" face said i fucked up

ed doctor said its normal to have conductive hearing loss thanks to scar tissue issues

I never had tubes in my ears, and since my kids already had a hearing loss, they refused to put tubes in son's ears. He is 16 now and has had a whopping 25 (yep, I double checked the records) ear infections. 14 in one ear and 11 in the other.

I never had tubes in my ears, and since my kids already had a hearing loss, they refused to put tubes in son's ears. He is 16 now and has had a whopping 25 (yep, I double checked the records) ear infections. 14 in one ear and 11 in the other.

Wow, sorry for your son. I can't imagine 25, they are way too painful for that. See why would they tell you that when we go to get them they say NOTHING about hearing loss.

Wow, sorry for your son. I can't imagine 25, they are way too painful for that. See why would they tell you that when we go to get them they say NOTHING about hearing loss.

Tubes do not cause hearing loss, but they have prevented it in many children.

And if you have sensorineural loss, you certainly didn't get it from tubes.

From a person with badly scarred eardrums who grew up before the days of tubes.

Tubes do not cause hearing loss, but they have prevented it in many children.

And if you have sensorineural loss, you certainly didn't get it from tubes.

From a person with badly scarred eardrums who grew up before the days of tubes.

My daughter had tubes with no issues.

Her very mild hearing loss is due to a perforated eardrum that did not heal and needed to be replaced. The replacement tissue is thicker than an ear drum (previous thin tissue did not take) which has caused a little conductive loss...not enough to consider hearing aids.

I know my son's hearing loss is SNL, but the docs were afraid that with my history and the possibility that son might have it also, they did not want to take a chance of his hearing worsening. When I was younger, they refused to put tubes in my ears due to the calcium deposits. I sometimes wonder: Would the calcium have drained out with the water if I had gotten the tubes and then not done what it did later in life? I will never know and, personally, it's not worth worrying over.

Well, my eardrum grew into them and they never fell out so 2 years later they just stuck a suction tube on the end of my ears and pulled them babies out. Talk about pain, I will never forget that! And the worst one is the one I am completely deaf in now. Hearing loss runs in our family and the doc never mentioned that this could effect it.

Back