Lara Croft, He-Man, Ghost Rider, and The Thing going to the big screen.

Steel X

Reaction score
*goans* :roll: A sequel to Ghost Rider starring Nicolas Cage AGAIN?

To think that movie was bad enough, I didnt think Hollywood would even be stupid enough to do a sequel but then again, I guess they are just running for the $$$. :roll: So whatever...I'm not gonna go buy a ticket or rent it or whatever anyway.

He-Man, based on the hit 1980s cartoon series, is coming to the big screen and will be directed by John Stevenson who bought us the animated comedy Kung Fu Panda who has won the rewards over Wall-E.

Tomb Raider...as I said in the other thread about the rumors where Megan Fox could be casted as the new Lara Croft for the next Tomb Raider will be given a reboot by Warner Bros instead of Paramount Pictures.

The Thing, one of the most acclaimed horror movies of the 1980s is going to have a prequel.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lar...tchup_lara_croft_he_man_returning_to_theaters

I admit that I'm growing tired of prequels.

They are OKAY for videogames such as Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core and Devil May Cry 3, but movies? c'mon...I feel that they are kind of pointless.

Geezus. Hollywood is so unoriginal.
What's next.. Thundercats? Power rangers the movie? Charlie Brown Movie? Dennis the Menace?

Shhhhhhh!! *whispers*Hollywood has spies everywhere...:smoking:don't give them any ideas.

Yeah seems Hollywood is running out of ideas...so they have no writers with imaginations beyond their self...aka innovation.

A prequel for The Thing? What would that be about?

Usually, prequels explain how it started. We already saw how it started in the first movie.

Usually, prequels explain how it started. We already saw how it started in the first movie.

Exactly.

Is Hollywood seriously being run over by a bunch of mind-blinded greedy idiots or something? :roll:

Who knows.

Exactly.

Is Hollywood seriously being run over by a bunch of mind-blinded greedy idiots or something? :roll:

Who knows.
Unless... the protagonist wasn't the original inventor of that "plant mutating formula"? :dunno:

You know how it is with those horror sequels. They kill the antagonist... but somehow find a way to bring him back. :roll:

The Thing, interesting, if they can match classic movie (movie quality) wait and see.

Wow, He-Man is coming back and Ghost Rider 2... :eek:

Oh yea, i remember. Dolph is used to performed in Masters in the Universe.

Hollywood, out of the ideas and start look at comics.

Maybe in the future, "Archie" with few hot chicks?

Archie...noooo have you forgot Josie and the pussycats? :ugh:

I swear I just wanted to shove a gun in my mouth by the second I saw that movie.

I saw that done in a comic book. No, it wasn't an Archie comic book... it was a Gen 13 comic book where the characters are well-drawn. The Gen 13 group happened to visit a town that happened to be named Riverdale and met this group that happened to be Archie, Betty, and Veronica. The 2 dudes from Gen 13 thought that Betty and Veronica were hot and sexy... and started teasing Archie about "getting some". Yet, Archie acted like an innocent nerd. ;)

I saw that done in a comic book. No, it wasn't an Archie comic book... it was a Gen 13 comic book where the characters are well-drawn. The Gen 13 group happened to visit a town that happened to be named Riverdale and met this group that happened to be Archie, Betty, and Veronica. The 2 dudes from Gen 13 thought that Betty and Veronica were hot and sexy... and started teasing Archie about "getting some". Yet, Archie acted like an innocent nerd. ;)

I know exactly what you are talking about lol Gen 13 was one of my VERY favorite comicbooks that I've used to read alot back in high school. I still have some issues and graphic novels in a box somewhere lol. I loved the comics that were drawn by J. Scott Campbell who also did Danger Girl.

One of the characters from Gen 13 Percival Edmund "Grunge" Chang had his own comedy story where he meets comic characters as the Archie gang, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and even Spawn lol. It was pretty cool thou I dont have that book :( but I did read that in a comic shop once lol.

Gen¹³ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't agree with this at all. We don't know anything about how the Alien arrived on Earth. The movie starts out with a Norwegian man in a helicopter chasing a dog .... Hardly and origin story in my opinion. They could focus entire movie around the events leading to that very moment. Of course I doubt it would be on a par with Carpenter version.

In the Howard Hawks The Thing from Another World, we actually encounter the group of men cutting the original monster from the ice after they accidentally blow up it's ship.

i'm looking forwards the Ghost rider 2... i reckon it will be better then the first one :)

Back