Language

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeNoHear

Reaction score
Just wanted to say I find it interesting that your "faith" cannot be discussed but you can say all kinds of curse words..which is more of the norm...I'm not upset or even bashing anything...I'm not even surprised...however....Whatever happened to just respecting what someone believes in whether or not you agree with it? No one is "making" u believe what they believe...it's just a "chat" just like all the other responses in ALL these forums...talking about all kinds of things...If u don't care for it go to the next forum...ha ...I just find it interesting...God bless.. ( I hope that's not band on All Deaf) I guess I better go read the agreement page ....ha

Honestly, I do agree with you MeNoHear. But I can also understand the ban on religion related conversations due to many different personal veiws on many related topics, and how one person interprets a passage to mean one thing where another sees something completely different. Personally I am a very open minded person who will take your view without being deeply offended if your interpretation differs from my own, but not all are like that and would prefer to pick a fight.

I would like to add if discussion of religion is banned then politics should be aswell. Thats just my two cents.

Just wanted to say I find it interesting that your "faith" cannot be discussed
It can be discussed. The problem is, that the posters tend to be rather evailingcal and so tend to want to push their beliefs on others. Since that creates a lot of friction, Alldeaf has created a policy of neutality so that the other members don't feel like we are being recruited.

Why not make a religion sub-forum here? So then that way we can discuss religion freely here without worrying about being banned? I would surely join in there if there was one.

Just wanted to say I find it interesting that your "faith" cannot be discussed but you can say all kinds of curse words..which is more of the norm...I'm not upset or even bashing anything...I'm not even surprised...however....Whatever happened to just respecting what someone believes in whether or not you agree with it? No one is "making" u believe what they believe...it's just a "chat" just like all the other responses in ALL these forums...talking about all kinds of things...If u don't care for it go to the next forum...ha ...I just find it interesting...God bless.. ( I hope that's not band on All Deaf) I guess I better go read the agreement page ....ha

Believe it or not, there are several religions that will attempt to make you join their religion and believe in what they believe in. It causes all kinds of problems. That's one of the several reasons the religion section of this forum was closed. Some religions will NOT simply respect that you do not wish to be part of their religion, they will not simply say "ok" and walk away. They will keep coming back again and again and again and keep bothering you until you finally give in and join their religion/church. I know of several religions that actually do this not just on the internet, but also in actual life. Such as one religion will keep coming to my door and try to tell me to join their church, and they try to tell me about their religion, they try to tell me that I must believe in whatever it is that they believe, etc, and they will not go away even after the first time I tell them I am not interested...they are stubborn and they will not give up. It's become such an issue that I have had to put up a sign on my door in both Spanish and in English saying that I do not accept religious propaganda, and not to knock on my door or ring the doorbell if it involves any religious propaganda. They are also stubborn on the internet, and on this forum. It creates a lot of problems here on the forum, on the general internet, and in actual life. If they would just fuck off after the first time we tell them we are not interested, and leave us alone, then there would not be so many problems.

And, no, I am not against any religion. I just want people to respect my wish NOT to be part of any religion. That's all.

It can be discussed. The problem is, that the posters tend to be rather evailingcal and so tend to want to push their beliefs on others. Since that creates a lot of friction, Alldeaf has created a policy of neutality so that the other members don't feel like we are being recruited.

Actually, religious discussion is not allowed on AllDeaf.com. That's why the religion section is closed.

Why not make a religion sub-forum here? So then that way we can discuss religion freely here without worrying about being banned? I would surely join in there if there was one.

We have a religion section here, but there was so many problems that the moderators had to close it. So, no, we cannot discuss religion anymore, and if we try to, we will be warned, and if we continue to discuss religion, we WILL be banned. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back