Language fluently = stress

inmate23

Reaction score
Ok i decided to become fluent in NZSL and Braille and Latin and written and spoken english

my guess 15 years to do this?

whats stressful is people(family deaf) who think i should have moved on and should be studying for a wall hanging
(umm cant do that my language skills)

any ideas of how deal with my family please

If I'm reading this right, your family is also deaf?

What language does your family use, NZSL or written/spoken English?

It's difficult to study two (or more) languages at a time, but possible if it really means a lot to you and you are willing to put in the effort.

I wouldn't worry about how long it will take; just spend the time you need day by day, and it will all add up. It's very individual as to how long it takes to learn a language.

Your family and friends have a right to have opinions about you and your life. You have an obligation to give full consideration to those opinions in the light of the belief they have your best interests at heart.

They have no right to tell you what to do with your life and you are under no obligation to do as they wish.

I disagree that it is difficult to learn two or more languages at once. It is done by children all the time. What is difficult is finding time, opportunity and native speakers.

Of course it is made more difficult if you learn in a classroom. In California schools teach Spanish as it should (but probably is not) spoken in Spain. Sorry but everyone I talk to is Mexican except for one Dominican.

What should you do?

Do that which gives you the most pleasure in the doing.

Do it in the way that is the most fun.

And allow others the right to do the same.

Have you considered doing both? It's not an either/or situation really. You could take some classes to study whatever you're interested in.

If I'm reading this right, your family is also deaf?

What language does your family use, NZSL or written/spoken English?

yes my family is deaf please look at font size i used(i was emphasizes the small d) they written and spoken English only NO value on sign language

Your family and friends have a right to have opinions about you and your life. You have an obligation to give full consideration to those opinions in the light of the belief they have your best interests at heart.

They have no right to tell you what to do with your life and you are under no obligation to do as they wish.

I disagree that it is difficult to learn two or more languages at once. It is done by children all the time. What is difficult is finding time, opportunity and native speakers.

Of course it is made more difficult if you learn in a classroom. In California schools teach Spanish as it should (but probably is not) spoken in Spain. Sorry but everyone I talk to is Mexican except for one Dominican.

i agree

its hard when ur calls u retarder at xmas lunch so this year monkey suit and terp

Have you considered doing both? It's not an either/or situation really. You could take some classes to study whatever you're interested in.

no its not (i read the course textbooks for fun) what the family is quick to forget one of the most successful(work life balance and money wise) men doesnt have a degree

its hard when ur calls u retarder at xmas lunch so this year monkey suit and terp

I have often used, to good effect, what I call the Yankee Doodle Dandy approach. The song was taught to me, when I was a child, as a symbol of American resilience in times of adversity.

The British used the song as an insult to what they saw as a rag tab bunch of misfits trying to stand up to the better armed, better fed, better dressed, Tory army.

So what did the Americans do? They didn't get angry, they didn't scream about unfairness, nor did they holler about political incorrectness.

Nope.

What they did was make up lyrics of their own -- And Connecticut made it the state anthem.

Or you could just walk off and find some D Deaf out there who realize real families don't bother to check bloodlines.

Back