Labor and Delivery, Let's see how you all went through.

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread is all about labor and delivery

1.) How long have you been in labor for with your child (ren) The time you arrive at the hospital, the time you had your first contractions, if you remember it. :giggle:

2.) How many hours during the time you had your contraction and the time you deliver your child(ren)

3.) What was your labor like? Easy, So So, or Hard?

4.) What methods of pain control did you use or was it all natural?

5.) How did you first known it was time to go to the hospital, was it because your water broke, or had some excessive bleeding or others?

6.) Time of birth of your child(ren)

7.) If you have more than one child, Which birth was much easlier and why?

~~~~~~~~~~My answers are:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1.) When I first had my contractions at 5 in the morning it wasn't strong, but most mild, I decide to stay home and stay up, Then about an half hour to an hour my contractions were getting stronger which as I remember recalling it was like every 3-5 minutes and last about 45-60 seconds, I decide to wake up my boyfriend, told him I think it's time hun! ;) Which I believe it was somewhere around 6 in the morning or so.

2.) With Markus, I was in labor for 8 hours, with Jordan I was in labor for 4 hours. I think because of the differences in length frame between the two of them might be because I worked until I believe 7 months pregnant with Markus then left my job, and with Jordan I was also working full time did not even leave my job until I was due at the hospital.

3.) My labor was with Markus easy, because I was high on drugs that was given to me by mid-wife, It did slow down my labor, who cares! heck I was floating on clouds. :giggle: With Jordan, It was hard! It was all natural birthing. Oh boy, I don't want to discuss this any further. ;)

4.) With Markus I was given Epidural, which that's a drug that goes in your spinal cord, I was told not to move at all, just stay still, Oh boy was that the most diffcult sitution I was in because I was having contractions and my back was aching so painfully. With Jordan, I was given nothing, zippo! :Ohno:

5.) With Markus, I went to the hospital because of strong contractions then my water broke in the car. With Jordan, I had to have an induced labor because they thought Jordan would be 9 pounds like Markus did was he was born. But, he was only 8 pounds and 5 oz. ;)

6.) Markus was born at 2:02 pm in the afternoon, Jordan was born 6:05 am in the morning.

7.) Well, I gotta say Markus was much easlier because of that, once I had the Epidural I felt no pains, no back pains either, I love it, but with Jordan I felt it all the way. It was hell, but after he came out, I cried. I even cried with both of my boys, Matter of fact those were happy tears. ;)

1.) How long have you been in labor for with your child (ren) The time you arrive at the hospital, the time you had your first contractions, if you remember it. My first contractions started at around 9:20 PM while watching Parent Trap 2. Yes I remembered that MOVIE! ROFL!!! I told my bf it may be the time! He took short nap but couldn't sleep at ALL!!! It wasn't too bad. Then went to the bathroom and got weird discharge...so told my mom and bf about that...my mom said it is TIME! So she called the doctor for me and explained to him. He said go to the Birthing Center. We got there around midnight. And was checked 5 cm. So time to stay at birthing center!

2.) How many hours during the time you had your contraction and the time you deliver your child(ren) With my 1st was almost 13 hours.

3.) What was your labor like? Easy, So So, or Hard? Back labor! It hurt!

4.) What methods of pain control did you use or was it all natural? ALLLLL NATURAL!

5.) How did you first known it was time to go to the hospital, was it because your water broke, or had some excessive bleeding or others? I had werid discharge and some bleeding. I was told it was normal for labor/delivery.

6.) Time of birth of your child(ren) My son was born at 10:14 am.

7.) If you have more than one child, Which birth was much easlier and why? I only have one...I believe 2nd will be easier but who knows.

Here are my answers! :)

1.) How long have you been in labor for with your child (ren) The time you arrive at the hospital, the time you had your first contractions, if you remember it.

2.) How many hours during the time you had your contraction and the time you deliver your child(ren) I had contractions on and off but I was included with both of my kids. Nathan was born at 2:37 pm. And Miranda was born at 1:30 pm. :)

3.) What was your labor like? Easy, So So, or Hard? both of my labors went well.. the contractions sucked but they gave me epdurial so it helped. But the night before I had my kids.. I was given pitcon to start the contractions.. it was painful and I didn't get much sleep! They gave me demtrol and it only worked for a while.. that's it. I have low tolerance with pain! :( I am glad I had epdurial for my 2 labor.

4.) What methods of pain control did you use or was it all natural? I used epdurial and it helped alot! It went smooth and I had no problems with it! :angel:

5.) How did you first known it was time to go to the hospital, was it because your water broke, or had some excessive bleeding or others? I ended up in hospital twice with my pregnancies because of one.. bleeding.. and 2.. because of bladder infection.. ugh but everything turned out to be ok. I had been induced with both of my pregnancies.

6.) Time of birth of your child(ren)..Nathan was born at 2:37 pm.. 7 lbs 8 oz. 21 in. long and Miranda was born at 1:30 pm.. 6 lbs 10 oz. 21 in. long

7.) If you have more than one child, Which birth was much easlier and why? Both went easy because I have been blessed with a husband who was loving and caring. And the nurses and my dr was helping me alot to get the labor and delievery going. The epdurial has really helped me alot or else I would SCREAM in pain and break my husband's hand or.. faint out.. don't want that! Hehe! :)

1.) How long have you been in labor for with your child (ren) The time you arrive at the hospital, the time you had your first contractions, if you remember it. :giggle:

I remembered with my first child, I started to feel mild contraction Wednesday morning around 6 am and I arrived hospital two days later around 1 pm.

Second child, I woke up with stomach flu around midnight thanks to my first child who was sick with stomach flu few days before. Cant tell the different between stomach flu and contraction till I began to feel harder contraction few hours later. We arrived hospital around 11 am that morning.

2.) How many hours during the time you had your contraction and the time you deliver your child(ren)

First one, long slow labor, was in labor for more than two and half days and he was born alittle after 6:20 pm in the eveing.

Second one was only few hours, had him after 5 pm. could not count cuz of stomach flu combine contraction. maybe around 10 hours.

Labor? very hard labor of course. Gave them birth was more hell than labor.

all natural except they broke water for me and had to use oxygen with first one because of lack of oxygen flowing into him.

5.) How did you first known it was time to go to the hospital, was it because your water broke, or had some excessive bleeding or others?

Well first one, I noticed spotting so we went to see dr first then he told us to go home and wait for contraction to become more frequent alike 5 min apart. But it had been alike 10 or 15 min apart for two days. Then doctor got worried cuz we had not called him for awhile so he called us and find out what was happened so he told us to go in his office and check me out. when I saw him then he said it was time for me to go to hospital.

Second one, 5 min contraction apart so we went to the hospital.

First one was around 6:22pm, 7 lbs 14oz and 21"
second was around 5:25pm; 10lbs 11 0z and 22 1/2 inches long

Well, both were difficult birth in different way, first one both of us would have died but lucky for us we surivived. He got his cord around his neck and choked him and also placentria was coming out first so this dr had to use forcep to take him out hurry before oxygen cut him off and I would have bleed to death if doctor did not push placentria back in till my son come out. Alot of stitched because of that forcep.
Second was worst, for one it took me an hour to push him and finally his head got out but could not push rest of his body. Almost broke his shoulder when other dr and nurse had to push my stomach to get him out. When it was not working out, this dr had to push other dr away and cut all way to my rectum to get him out. Finally he got out.

Believe it or not, my first one, his apr was 10/10 even his heart was stopped for few minutes while my second was in poor shape, his apr was 4/6 . Poor him, he got sick few days later with stomach flu thanks to me and rest of family gave him bug so he had to go back to the hospital and spend 5 days there.

1.) How long have you been in labor for with your child (ren) The time you arrive at the hospital, the time you had your first contractions, if you remember it.

13 hrs.

Easy :giggle:

I had epdurial.

My water broke while I was sitting on the toilet cuz I was getting ready to go for a doctor appt.

Randy was born at 5:40 pm.

Sorry guys I only have one child. :D

I was in labor on and off.. Had 3 false alarms on May 5, 15 and 25. The night before my son was born, I was on piction all night to start the labor. And I had my major contractions at 3am on June 1.

A LOOOONG freaking 14 hours!!!!

At first, it was HARD!! My son was in distress, and I was having trouble with my blood pressures. My pressure went up when I was trying to push him out.
Then at the last minutes, my son was in danger, had to wheeled to emergency surgery to get him out via c-section. That was easy part.

EPIDURAL!! Woman's best friend!!

I lost my mucus plug when I went to the bathroom, and knew it was coming, and went to the doctor on the same day, and my doctor checked my blood pressure, and it was dangerous, and I had pre-eclampsia, and doctor ordered me to go to the hospital and get induced right away. Then they put me on piction that night, and next morning, my doctor broke my water. Then the contractions and pains started to killed me.

Kyler was born at 5:05pm on June 1, weighed 7lbs 8oz and 22 inches long

I like to have another child... If I do, I am hoping I would try the natural deliver, to compare the difference and the experiences of what c-section is like and natural deliver is like.

Darn,
I cannot remmy where I did wrote my comment issues birthing.. somewhere thread...
I'm lazy dig the dirt.... to find it LOL

i dont have baby yet! but im still plans for my future for birth of my children.

1. How long have you been in labor?
i would getting contraction for 3-5 hours or mores hours

2.How many hours during the time delivery of baby?
my answer will be morning or afternoon maybe evening follow doctor's order

3.What was your labor like?
i dont like getting natural birth because i had history of sezuire and medical problems but my plans going to have via c-section but im really wanted easy and smooth at c-section than natural birth!

4.What methods of pain control?
i would like taking pitocin and maybe i can taking EPIDURAL when in labor or in c-section because my mom is nurse she already knew about that if she says ok or not to taking that both we have wait and see what happened in future.

5.How did you first known it was time to go to the hospital?
im not sure answer my question but i would going to hospital and dont let water break! and plans to getting via c-section quick than waiting maybe about morning or afternoon,evening if doctors says can ahead going hospital in AM for labor and get c-section by the morning.

6.Time of birth of your child?
maybe will born by morning only dues of c-section they i will tell you what time of baby will born im really like baby get born before noon but we have wait advice from dr.

7.If you have more than one child?
im really love to have more another children than only one children! i wanted more children if my kids getting behave and i will expect another baby i DO IT and i would like to have easy c-section again than HARD by natural birth im really wanted it.

1.) How long have you been in labor for with your child (ren) The time you arrive at the hospital, the time you had your first contractions, if you remember it. I went into labor at 2am, but did not realize it was labor. I drove myself to the hospital at 4:30 to see a doctor about my stomach cramps. I was completely unprepared. They broke my water at about 11:30 in the afternoon and my son was out by 2pm.

2.) How many hours during the time you had your contraction and the time you deliver your child(ren) My contractions were really not bad until they broke my water. Shortly after that, I was pushing and that wasn't too bad either.

3.) What was your labor like? Easy, So So, or Hard? I kinda cheated. I did it 100% natural, but his heart rate was weak and he was vacuumed out. There was only about 7 minutes of actual work on my part. Other than that it was just discomfort. I am lactose intolerance and it felt like that kind of cramping.

4.) What methods of pain control did you use or was it all natural? 100% NATURAL :dizzy:

5.) How did you first known it was time to go to the hospital, was it because your water broke, or had some excessive bleeding or others? I didn't know (hence my driving myself and having none of my well-planned, well-packed belongings). I figured they would say it was nothing and send me home.

6.) Time of birth of your child(ren) 2:04 pm on June 20, 2005

This is going to sound stupid..... But one of my best friends mom told me that when she was in labor with her daughter, She would have everyone out of the room so her and her boyfriend or it might be her hubby (don't know) would have sex before the baby was born so it was less pain for her.... No pain medcation etc.... Sex helped out a lot.....

When the mother told me about this, I told her I needed to go to the bathroom (I was lying) so I can bust out laughing but I know it can't be true... I didn't want to laugh in front of her... She was a good mother and a good friend also.....

Werid Story huh??

Sex before birth? This has to be outta of mind!!! No way, after witness these smelly gooney coming out before birth. GAWD! How can he stand that? Im sorry, but I STILL think he is outta of his freakin mind!!!

Cassbugs said:
This is going to sound stupid..... But one of my best friends mom told me that when she was in labor with her daughter, She would have everyone out of the room so her and her boyfriend or it might be her hubby (don't know) would have sex before the baby was born so it was less pain for her.... No pain medcation etc.... Sex helped out a lot.....

When the mother told me about this, I told her I needed to go to the bathroom (I was lying) so I can bust out laughing but I know it can't be true... I didn't want to laugh in front of her... She was a good mother and a good friend also.....

Werid Story huh??

I arrived at the hospital on December 17, 2003 at 6am and they put me on piticon at 8am. I was told that I already started small contractions before they put me on piticon, but I didn't feel anything. I probably had the contractions before the 17th. Who the heck knows. LOL

I had 11 hours of labor with my darling daughter and it took me 1 hour to push her out vaginally. Her shoulder got stuck inside me so one of the nurses had to jump on me and push my belly down to force her out. Nice eh? Thankfully it only took me 2 more push to get her out. :ugh3: I can see that she has mommy's shoulders. hehe

Surprinsingly it wasn't bad and because the fact I was on pain medication, but the hardest part was getting her head out of my vagina. The pain only lasted a few minutes.

I had an epidural. I waited long enough until I reached 4 CM then I couldn't take the pain anymore. I had an epidural at 1pm and felt so much better. I realized that it slowed down my contractions so they had to adjust the piticon to get the contractions going.

I was scheduled to go to the hospital on my Expected Due Date and they broke my water for me so I can have a baby on the same day or the next morning. I had her on the same day in the evening.

My daughter was born on December 17, 2003 at 7:00pm. She was 7lbs 15oz and 19 inches long. :)

One daughter here. If I'm ever going to have another one then it'd better be the same as the first one or easier. :D

diehardbiker65 said:
Sex before birth? This has to be outta of mind!!! No way, after witness these smelly gooney coming out before birth. GAWD! How can he stand that? Im sorry, but I STILL think he is outta of his freakin mind!!!
haha I told you I was busting out laughing when they told me about that story!!!!!

Almost 7 hours from start to finish.
Water Broke/Labor Started: 11 pm Contractions came as soon as my water broke.
Arrived at hospital: 11:30 pm
Baby born: 5:53 am

Um, I waited about 2 or 3 hours before I asked for an epidural.

Labor was easy but the whole birth experience was hard. You see, when I got to 8 cm, the doctor 'realized' the baby was breech (although in NO stress) and called in for a c-section. I've been so messed up about the c-section, even to this day. I totally did NOT want or expect a c-section.

Epidural. Before I was wheeled into the operating room they gave me more epidural and epinephrine which caused me to shake really bad.

Because water broke and contractions started.

5:53 am

I have one child. Hopefully I will be able to do a VBAC with #2! :)

With my first child (my son Taro) we got to the hospital around 9am-ish, I had to be given pitocen (sp) to get my contractions going, and then about a half hour later they started - HARD!!
With my second (my daughter Anwyn) contractions started real light and far apart sometime around lunch, then strong enough to disrupt my sleep that night, and then around 3pm the next day is when i couldn't take it anymore (even though they were only to 10mins apart but getting stronger) and we headed to the hospital.
With my third (my daughter Alaurial) i had sporadic contractions the night before. They started for real around 5pm the next day, and they started fast. I headed to the hospital just a couple hours later.

With Taro, about 12 hours
With Anwyn, good grief... around 27hrs
With Alaurial it was maybe 4 or 5 hours[/B]

Taro was hard, there was no build up in the contractions because of the medice they gave me.
Anwyn was actually pretty easy, I just got real tired of it all real fast though.
Alaurial was easy, she was 5 weeks early, and so they didn't let it progress far enough to become hard.[/B]

With Taro I had an epidural that didn't work, they kept having to do the boosters.
Wtih Anwyn I had either an epidural or spinal... can't remember
With Alaurial I had a spinal.[/B]

With Taro my water broke - or I should say started leaking. It took me over an hour to figure it was that and not me peeing my pants.
Let's see.. with Anwyn, I just got tired of being in labor and walking around my living room. Felt that going to the hospital was at least something.
With Alaurial it was when they started becoming about 5mins apart and I need to start breathing through them.[/B]

Well... I would have to say Alaurial, my last one. It was the shortest. Since she was 5 weeks early, once they realized they couldn't stop my labor we were rushed to the OR for a c-section. Plus I had the best recovery with her too.

Back