La fitness

Cane Corso

Reaction score
I joined la fitness two months ago. I enjoyed going there, but last night was my first time taking an aerobic class. It was hard because I was new and don't have an interpreter. I watched and copied how people excerise, but some excerises were so hard to follow. :D

At the end of the class, I walked up to the instructor and told her that I'm deaf. She was like oh awesome! She taught me some basic steps, and expect to see me again tomorrow.

Do you guys workout? If so, how often? :D

I joined la fitness two months ago. I enjoyed going there, but last night was my first time taking an aerobic class. It was hard because I was new and don't have an interpreter. I watched and copied how people excerise, but some excerises were so hard to follow. :D

At the end of the class, I walked up to the instructor and told her that I'm deaf. She was like oh awesome! She taught me some basic steps, and expect to see me again tomorrow.

Does playing video games count?

I used to work out 3-4 times a week, until I busted my shoulder. It's been 2 months now and my shoulder is starting to feel better. I look forward to hittng the gym again soon. :fingersx:

... Do you guys workout? If so, how often? :D
:wave: Ubetcha Ms Cane Coso I work out! Upon waking up in the AM, I make a mad dash to the bathroom, then I sprint to the coffee pot! The rest of my exercise routine is reserved for indoor sports. Exercised for the day! :D

Good Luck,

joe5.gif

Does playing video games count?

Hahahaha.. I can't live with a video game! I'm sure my eyes will go bad fast by glue to the T.V. for many hours.

Ubetcha Ms Cane Coso I work out! Upon waking up in the AM, I make a mad dash to the bathroom, then I sprint to the coffee pot! The rest of my exercise routine is reserved for indoor sports. Exercised for the day!

LOL! Very nice short workout! :p

I wish my workout is that short too!

I work out at another health club, I would interpret for your aerobics class be fun to have a deaf buddy workout team ... I do one particular class we use barbells, weights, and step. I love it! I have toned up from taking this class lots of sweating and hard work. I do enjoy working out as part of my leisure time. There are some deaf members as well , I do see them from time to time its all good.

Super :applause: to you all to positive your health.

I joined fitness studio last January 2007 and went there 5 times a week after work. I need fit and execrise after sat front of the computer in the office for 8 hours a day everyday... sore ass.... OOcccchhh...

I do like this except basic steps and Yoga (I don't like it).

Monday: cardio, any machines... and aerobic class for one hour
Tuesday: cardio, any machines ...
Wednesday: cardio, any machines... and sauna (my son - boxkicking)
Thursday: cardio, any machines
Friday: cardio, any machines and aerobic class

Cook with protein foods once a month...

I plan to have 4 weeks break from Monday 13th June because I will take the whole 4 weeks break from the office... to use bicycle, more execise....etc. etc. I want to let the fitness owner know that I won't be there from Monday until 7th September yesterday but my mind tell me to not ... It look like I am addict for not leave fitness studio for break... :cool: Oh well... :D

Super :applause: to you all to positive your health.

I joined fitness studio last January 2007 and went there 5 times a week after work. I need fit and execrise after sat front of the computer in the office for 8 hours a day everyday... sore ass.... OOcccchhh...

I do like this except basic steps and Yoga (I don't like it).

Monday: cardio, any machines... and aerobic class for one hour
Tuesday: cardio, any machines ...
Wednesday: cardio, any machines... and sauna (my son - boxkicking)
Thursday: cardio, any machines
Friday: cardio, any machines and aerobic class

Cook with protein foods once a month...

I plan to have 4 weeks break from Monday 13th June because I will take the whole 4 weeks break from the office... to use bicycle, more execise....etc. etc. I want to let the fitness owner know that I won't be there from Monday until 7th September yesterday but my mind tell me to not ... It look like I am addict for not leave fitness studio for break... :cool: Oh well... :D

I agree Liebling taking care of your health is a postive thing. You do have a full schedule of workouts. I work out 3x a week.
I workout 2x a week with cardio machine at 18-20 min afterward work on abs machine then dips machine (pain haha) it gets ok when I do more abs work with the ball and do weights light 5 lbs and work on arms to tone up. Saturdays is my fave class using the barbells, weights and step. I use to do kickboxing from 1999 to 2002 but my gym went out of business. Now I joined a health club its all good.

once or twice per week, depends on the schedule. i'm an active member of supreme fitness. i'm using h.i.t. program for weightlifting. short for "high intensity training". i packed on 15.88 kg [35 lbs] of muscles in 11 months. i'm within 15 lbs of my bodyweight goal -- 97.52 kg [215 lbs].

i also actively participated in a few exercises --

pilates -- core foundation of my skeletal and joint system -- three workouts per week
[summer] swimming -- equalizing my muscles and joints -- two workouts per week
[winter] cross-country skiing -- equalizing my muscles and joints -- two workouts per week
100 m-400 m sprints -- speed -- two workouts per week
basketball drills -- quickness and coordination -- four workouts per week
rope climbing -- "shock-therapy" for unused muscles -- once or twice per week
kayaking -- sheer fun -- once in a week or two weeks

I used to be a member at LA Fitness when I was living in AZ. Hired a personal trainer for 7 months..I learned a lot from him and I was very pleased with the results.

Dont have it here in MD but there is Bally's and Lifetime Fitness. I had to cancel my membership at Lifetime cuz of tight budget due to buying the house. When we get comfortable again, will join again.

I will have to find something else for exercise like walks, running (if my ankle allows it) or home exercise videos.

I heard Ballys filed for bankruptcy not to long ago.. will be interesting to see what happens!

I work out at Gold's Gym here in Utah. They have lap swimming pool which I love to swim in. Swimming is my favorite "exercise" It's low impact and good calorie burner.

Yep work out 5 days a week at the gym I train at, I am a personel trainer and have been doing it for almost 2 years now.

Regarding swimming I will be cautious with that since it may burn some calories but should be complimented with a weight training program. I actually consider swimming a very low intense exercise.

LA Fitness is awesome. I think you should ask for an interpreter because you're missing out the knowledge on positioning and breathing exercises as well. Like when do you breathe in or out when you make the movements?? Just by following other people around you is not enough and puts your body at risk for injury. So, it is important to have an interpreter there. If LA Fitness give you attitude about providing an interpreter for their classes, tell them Gold's Gym has been doing this for their Deaf gym members. Why not LA Fitness, too???

Btw, Pilates 3 to 5 times a week, babe!

Back