krazykatkitty's operation (second implant)

Thanks for sharing about your experience. When I had my first one. I started out with the esprint bte then 3G and finally freedom. I am waiting to get N5 for my old ear because it not yet compiabitle. I've been waiting forever to get upgrade. I agree with you about the 3G and just annoying. It breaks sooo easily and needs to replaced like 5 times. I wasn't happy with 3G. I love the freedom because it got a crisper and richer sounds (I like it) but kinda big on my ear. I am looking forward to get N5 upgrade sometime this year.

As you discussed about the speech understanding. When I'm watching the tv and I don't hear whole sentences but some words is missing. Depends on an accent and how fast they spoken. The American (depends on states ) and Scottish accent is very difficult to understand. I like way when people got a nice clear voice or slow ( not too slow just act normal speech) with open mouth so I able to understand more easily. One on one conversation is much easier than group of people. I have no problem understand what they say (depends on background noise).

Thanks for your advice and I am ready for it. I know it might take a while to get used to it. No rush. I am willing to learn the new sounds and daily listening skills too. Just take step by step :)

You know what is really ironic? You are in NZ, and you have learned how to read lips and understand how words are pronounced down there, so us Yanks are hard to understand. Same thing up here, I can't understand half of what most Aussies and NZ'ers say. LOL.

Funny thing is, the British are easy for me to understand, but I can't understand a thing the Scots say.

We have a lot of foreigners here, and most are Mexican & Indian, and they are a real chore to communicate with.

I like your attitude. You are approaching this with an open and curious mind; which is good compared to what we all have been seeing on this forum lately.

Yeah I find the British accent are easy for me to user stand too. The scots got a very strong accent. I like the posh accent haha. When I was in the states. People thought that I came from Scotland and australia. I told them that I'm from NZ. Some of them have no idea where NZ is. I tried to explained them that NZ is down the under and neighbor with Australia. I went to shopping at the mall and saw a big world map but NZ is not on the map :s interesting.

Thanks Green :)

Back