Kramer goes on racist tirade

operatorally

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this story? The comedian who played Kramer on Seinfeld, Michael Richards, was performing in a west coast club last week and responded to some heckling by going on a psychotic racist tirade at 2 black men, calling them '******' over and over again, demanding that '******s' be removed from the club and referencing lynching by saying 'fifty years ago we'd put a fork in your ass'. The video has sound and captioning, but I should warn everyone that its pretty disturbing, I feel quite haunted by it.

hopefully this link works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sEUIZsmTOE

Oh well, shit happens. I guess he learned his lesson.

I can't see the video unless I'm a member in YouTube, do you have another link similar to this story?...

The crowd sounded like they were laughing at his words but according to the new reports, they were in fact gasping in shock at his words. Either way, I find this disturbing. First Mel Gibson and now this...

Insulting someone for their race is totally wrong, but when people take so much offense over being insulted for their race somethings wrong there as well!

It's merely an insult. People act as if it's some ultimate taboo that causes massive emotional damage which it isn't. It's basically saying like "You stupid mouse!" to a mouse. It is what it is, the latin derritive means black/dark/night. I'm not supporting it at all, I just think some people take the insult way too seriously and some even use it as an excuse to complain and enforce special treatment. Everyone, any race is flesh and blood. The sad part is their OWN Race uses the insults in songs and they use it as a way to greet their friends-

"Wussup nig'ah?" Seriously. It's screwed up, if it hurts them and is so offensive then they should drop it from their language venicular as well, but do they? No. Note: I am refering to sterotypes, there's plenty of people that don't use the word and acknowledge it as an insult, but don't take it any more serious than a simple "screw you"

We did alot of wrong to indians, but they don't go fruit loop over hearing red-skin, EVEN THAT we don't ever care to really use the word. Wonder why? Then there's jewish people and the halocaust, it's hard to talk about for them, but references or such, they don't go bat-shit. I'm speaking on a generalization. That's my opinion. If anybody ever wants racism to stop, at least the insults-- they shouldn't take it so offensive. The same principle applies to children, if an insult bugs them, the other kids keep on using it, if it doesn't. THey really don't care and the other kids find it pointless and don't draw anything from it thus stop. Just my 2 bits and a rant.

If anybody ever wants racism to stop, at least the insults-- they shouldn't take it so offensive. The same principle applies to children, if an insult bugs them, the other kids keep on using it, if it doesn't. THey really don't care and the other kids find it pointless and don't draw anything from it thus stop. Just my 2 bits and a rant.

Dark-Half has a definate point here. Often insults are only as serious as you take them. When I was a kid anyone call me a halfbreed and the fight was on. Now I call myself one.

On the other hand I think when someone in "Kramer's" social position takes a stand such as this it should be made well known and we as the public should let everyone know we do not approve of this behavior.

I think your second point sums in up for me Berry, if someone calls themselves something its one thing, but that's a matter or resignifying a term for yourself. I might call myself a queer but if some straight bigot does, I reserve the right to tell him or her where to go.
The thing that I found most disturbing about Kramer is that he wasn't simply saying 'wassup ******' but linking the use of the word to the history of lynching by complaining that 50 years ago 'we' [Kramer and other whites] would have put a fork in 'your' ass [the black guy]. It was basically a statement that revealed a longing for the good old days of black people being 'kept in their place' through humiliating violence...

Back