kissing ur kids by teacher

F

FreeWoman77

have ur kids been kissed by teacher before? if so alright with u?

<younger daughter first day of going to daycare last September I was staying with her there awhile she is independent girl she loves drawing teacher tried to get all kids same 15 min drawing, 15 min reading books with pics, 15 min having a snack e.t.c. my daughter not listens and kept drawing so teacher pulled turning her to sit other place to read altogether she got upset and thrown herself out teacher hold her and kissed :ugh: never seen like that before with my older daughter in other city, maybe ok for u but for me not, I havent her gone to daycare thought too early for her to go, assistance was coming my home once a week til last week first day to go daycare back again its warm outside ok to walk only 15 min, same happened teacher kissed her again, ugh, maybe my daughter is so cute/funny/joy but kissing student/my daughter :/ how politely say not to kiss her? just not want to offend the teacher :/ or should she move different daycare :dunno:

I don't mind the teacher kissing my children on the cheek or on the head, but lips?....I dunno about that....That last time I ever saw a teacher kissing my boys when they were in pre-school just a little kiss on the head or cheek..

:dunno:

^Angel^ said:
I don't mind the teacher kissing my children on the cheek or on the head, but lips?....I dunno about that....That last time I ever saw a teacher kissing my boys when they were in pre-school just a little kiss on the head or cheek..

yeah like corner of her lip/cheek, my daughter really doesnt like to be kissed at all only mom :lol: if teacher saw her pushing many times she should respect stop kissing her or she would try to hit her head to teacher or roll to fall off from teacher hands :/ I just not like my daughter be kissed :aw:

I think maybe find different daycare, this daycare is nice same older daughter going to preschool and there's daycare once to drive, u know :/

FreeWoman77 said:
yeah like corner of her lip/cheek, my daughter really doesnt like to be kissed at all only mom :lol: if teacher saw her pushing many times she should respect stop kissing her or she would try to hit her head to teacher or roll to fall off from teacher hands :/ I just not like my daughter be kissed :aw:

I think maybe find different daycare, this daycare is nice same older daughter going to preschool and there's daycare once to drive, u know :/

yeah if you dont like the way teacher kiss your daughter try take other different daycare ? :)

If I see the teachers kiss when I have a kids and I would take kids to different daycare. not comfortable to see teacher to kiss the kids

Up to you. Want to talk to teacher to not kissing your daughter again, then talk to that teacher with your feelings so they can see how you arent comfortable with it, or move your daughter to different Daycare, which do you want?

If its my own kids, I would walk up to Teacher to asking them to not kiss my kids again because its not right and I dont feel so comfortable with it. If they continue kiss them then I will move my kids to different Daycare. Thats it.

I refused allow my child okay for Teacher kiss my child...
Not allowed.. Disagree w/Teacher kiss a child from Day Care or School..

you can talk out w/Teacher.. you feel not comfortable and improprite ..
Important which the best for you daughter safety.

FreeWoman77 said:

Yeah I can understand that hon, its really up to YOU since you're the MOM! ;)...

thank u, I thought its only me not like my kids being kissed at school/daycare, whew, I also asked my mother in law to see if her kids, one of them is my girls's father, before being kissed she replied no he was brat :lol: and but would be ok with her teacher kissing kids :ugh: makes me think "welcome to America" :D

I used to teach preschool. I hugged kids, rocked them, cradled them, held them close, and I am sure a few got a kiss on the cheek or forehead at times, though it wasn't a general practice.

I guess the real thing is, it makes you uncomfortable, and most of all, your daughter doesn't care for it. That is reason enough to politley ask the teacher to be more aware of the issue and respect your daughter's personal space.

If I had students who didn't like to be hugged or held, I didn't hug or hold them. I certainly wouldn't kiss one of those kids either.

I had a student who had been neglected and abused by his mother - she used crack when she was pregnant, and all his teeth were rotted, he had so many healing scars and broken bones - it was awful. He came to my class when he was new in foster care with a really wonderful foster mother who took very good care of him. He cried, and whined, and had trouble socializing in class. He was so scared. Sometimes I would just hold him on my lap for a half hour while I supervised the other children playing. I would just hold him and rock him and reassure him. Sometimes I kissed his cheecks, but mostly I told him I loved him, and I still do love him, though he is a young man now, and I have not seen him in many years. I would do the exact same thing today - and I wouldn't worry about what anyone thought either. It was the right thing.

One of my daughters loves to give her Kindergarten teacher a farewell kiss and hug everytime she's was ready for home, I did not mind at all.

^Angel^ said:

Remember that it's the child kissing the teacher.
At home, we kiss on the lips, so when my daughter (3-1/2) wants to show her affection to someone else, she'll do what's natural to her, a kiss on the mouth.

And I have no problem with it. I cannot sacrifice a truely beautiful moment because of the possibility that a child-molester or pedofile might be behind this person. I enjoy the moment of my daughter sharing her love.

Of course, If I saw a teacher having special lessons in kissing, I would react.

Yes I'm with Cloggy and Tamara.

Alan's teacher :hug: him sometimes but it doesn't bother us really because I know it's just hug and harmless kiss. My children receive :hug: from kindergarten... Not just my children but other children as well...

Here in Germany, most children shake the hands to teacher on their first school day after school holiday. Sometimes teacher :hug: them... I really don't mind.

Teacher would be respect if my children ask them to stop :hug: or kiss. I would say something if teacher ignore my children's wish for not receive cuddle or kiss.

thats alittle weird .. none of myy preschool/ kindergarden teachers kissed .. they let sit on their lap ,but thats about it. I mostly had female teachers though .... is your daughters teacher male or female?

I disgree with it , i am not allowing to letting the teachers to give kiss my kids's cheek or head no way .. if i hear like that then i would give them earbashing . say that not acceptable because that are not the professional things to do in their's job as teachers. :nono:

Wow! in your situation, FW77 I would be upset about this and going to find elsewhere.

It is rather mixed perspective for me. But after re-read your thread, I see your point. Your daughter dont' want to be kissed and that SHOULD be respected! I would understand if teacher is to comfort child when dealing with pain or something like fall, kissing the pain area and that child didn't object this. Wow! this is really fine line there. But again, you got valid reason to be pissy about it.

Sex harassment? Nope, incest? not so... fondling sounded much like that, and should be stopped immediately.

i mean i think an eskimo kiss or a butterfly kiss to be fine cause i use to do that with my babysitter. But an actual kiss seems to affectionate.

Ok then again . i does still to be disgree with it .. Yet if some of you don't mind that's fine but please think about it very careful. When the teacher does kiss to the kid 's cheek or whatever and it will make the other kids would start to think this kid is the teacher's pet ( favourite) it would become very dangerous because that the kids would to think this teacher doesn't like them.
As the kids aren't to be stupid they would be to be aware about this situation. Sorry that what my view to be feel . Hope i does to make in this very clear to you all.

Thank you

I'm an over-protective mom and I admit that. I get so freaking paranoid if something happens to my daughter. I'm not too fond of the idea of teachers kissing children because this could lead to sex offense even if s/he is the world greatest teacher, but still I forbid. I feel that teachers are teachers and they are there to teach. That's just my opinion.

Back