Kim Jong II is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
so since you're more informed in this subject than me..... did Kennan report directly to Truman?

You keep asking that irrelevant question as if it is relevant.

Truman went with Nitze's policy of agression over Kennan's hands off approach. Truman either intentionally misread Kennan's containment policy, or ignored it completely, making him solely responsible for a divided Korea.

Firing MacArthur when the war was just about done didn't help matters either. And yes, if left alone, MacArthur would have won the war as he had been doing all along.

I think you may have misunderstood a previous answer as to whether we (as in the US) need to get involved with Korea. I do not think we (as in the US) should ever forcibly re-unite Korea. I think any reunification should be done by Koreans and Koreans alone. A strong desire from both sides to reunite will eventually cause it to happen.

You keep asking that irrelevant question as if it is relevant.
how is it irrelevant when you stated Truman ignored Kennam?

Truman ignored George.

I want to know if Kennam reported directly to Truman.

Truman went with Nitze's policy of agression over Kennan's hands off approach. Truman either intentionally misread Kennan's containment policy, or ignored it completely, making him solely responsible for a divided Korea.

Firing MacArthur when the war was just about done didn't help matters either. And yes, if left alone, MacArthur would have won the war as he had been doing all along.

I think you may have misunderstood a previous answer as to whether we (as in the US) need to get involved with Korea. I do not think we (as in the US) should ever forcibly re-unite Korea. I think any reunification should be done by Koreans and Koreans alone. A strong desire from both sides to reunite will eventually cause it to happen.
sounds like you're very confused and unsure. and it's ironic that you're faulting Truman for misreading it when in fact.... you support Cain - "We need a leader, not a reader."

how is it irrelevant when you stated Truman ignored Kennam?

I want to know if Kennam reported directly to Truman.

sounds like you're very confused and unsure. and it's ironic that you're faulting Truman for misreading it when in fact.... you support Cain - "We need a leader, not a reader."

Oh, I get it. You are not actually comprehending anything I have said .... on purpose. That whole Cain comment is in regards to the teleprompter that Obama reads from. However, I have my suspicions that Obama has also misinterpreted the US Constitution. How can you lead when you cannot comprehend?

Oh, and the way, it's Kennan, not Kennam. What you wanted to know is if I supported MacArthur's plans to nuke China, not if Kennan reported directly to Truman.

In regards to THAT, since we both know that was your initial question, before it became a discussion that quickly went over your head .... was it MacArthur's job to cripple and defeat the enemy? How was he able to do that to Japan?

Oh, I get it. You are not actually comprehending anything I have said .... on purpose. That whole Cain comment is in regards to the teleprompter that Obama reads from. However, I have my suspicions that Obama has also misinterpreted the US Constitution. How can you lead when you cannot comprehend?

Oh, and the way, it's Kennan, not Kennam. What you wanted to know is if I supported MacArthur's plans to nuke China, not if Kennan reported directly to Truman.

In regards to THAT, since we both know that was your initial question, before it became a discussion that quickly went over your head .... was it MacArthur's job to cripple and defeat the enemy? How was he able to do that to Japan?

There is a lack of comprehension to be sure.:cool2:

And no, Jiro's question is very, very clear. Did Kennan report directly to Truman? It is very relevant to your logic.

whoa! you have gotten even more confused! or are you purposely being confused just to get out of hot kitchen?

I asked 2 separate questions - both of which you refused to answer. let's CALM down and take a deep breath. It would be in your best interest to answer my 2 simple questions before you go on rambling about stuff unrelated to my posts.

I also asked you if you believe Truman should not get involved in the first place and you sad yes.

MacArthur's job was to lead the war against enemy government and enemy military on behalf of President of United States, not to annihilate 2 countries with nuclear weapons that would last for centuries along with millions of innocent causalities to follow. That would put him in same category as Hitler and bunch of Axis of Evils.

Last time I checked, Harry Truman - President of the United States the Commander-in-Chief of the United States Armed Forces... so that means MacArthur answered to Truman and MacArthur was relieved of his duty because he was deemed unreliable and untrustworthy and he could not be trusted with nuclear weapons. I'm glad he was relieved of his duty because MacArthur was becoming a lunatic warmongering madman and that Truman prevented America from becoming an Axis of Evil.

so... my 2 questions remain unanswered
1. Did Kennan report directly to President Truman?
2. Do you support MacArthur's demand to use 26+ atomic bombs?

but as for me - it is in my opinion that Kim Jong-Un will be more open-minded than his father when it comes to diplomacy and foreign matters since he's educated in Switzerland and has a modern life experience and perspective in outside world.

yep. as I predicted....

New North Korean leader issued military orders, South Korea says - CNN.com
SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) -- Kim Jong Un issued his first military orders as leader of North Korea just before the death of his father was announced, a South Korean state-run news agency said Wednesday.
Citing "a South Korean source," Yonhap reported that Kim "ordered all military units to halt field exercises and training and return to their bases."

North Korea says it will admit delegations from South - CNN.com
(CNN) -- North Korea will admit delegations from the South that wish to visit Pyongyang to express their condolences following the death of the leader Kim Jong Il, according to a statement posted on a government website run by the North.

"We will guarantee all convenience and safety of the South Koreans during their visit," said the statement on uriminzokkiri.com, dated Thursday, adding that the North would open to the delegations "all air routes and land routes through Kaesong," its industrial park, some 45 kilometers (27 miles) north of Seoul.

let's hope it continues to lead to more transparency and diplomacy.

whoa! you have gotten even more confused! or are you purposely being confused just to get out of hot kitchen?

I asked 2 separate questions - both of which you refused to answer. let's CALM down and take a deep breath. It would be in your best interest to answer my 2 simple questions before you go on rambling about stuff unrelated to my posts.

I also asked you if you believe Truman should not get involved in the first place and you sad yes.

MacArthur's job was to lead the war against enemy government and enemy military on behalf of President of United States, not to annihilate 2 countries with nuclear weapons that would last for centuries along with millions of innocent causalities to follow. That would put him in same category as Hitler and bunch of Axis of Evils.

Last time I checked, Harry Truman - President of the United States the Commander-in-Chief of the United States Armed Forces... so that means MacArthur answered to Truman and MacArthur was relieved of his duty because he was deemed unreliable and untrustworthy and he could not be trusted with nuclear weapons. I'm glad he was relieved of his duty because MacArthur was becoming a lunatic warmongering madman and that Truman prevented America from becoming an Axis of Evil.

so... my 2 questions remain unanswered
1. Did Kennan report directly to President Truman?
2. Do you support MacArthur's demand to use 26+ atomic bombs?

And it was that war mongering mad man that got a surrender out of the Japanese. Not Truman.

Did Truman use Kennan's "policy of containment"? Trust me, you can keep pretending your questions are relevant. A divided Korea is the fault of Truman. Not MacArthur, not the Easter Bunny, not Santa Claus, TRUMAN.

And it was that war mongering mad man that got a surrender out of the Japanese. Not Truman.

Did Truman use Kennan's "policy of containment"? Trust me, you can keep pretending your questions are relevant. A divided Korea is the fault of Truman. Not MacArthur, not the Easter Bunny, not Santa Claus, TRUMAN.

:)

*pat on your head*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back