Kids as Self Advocates in CT

rjr2006

Reaction score
I'm going to a disability organization called "Kids As Self Advocates" and I will be attending a meeting about disability issues. They have volunteer work and I just submitted an application and if I get accepted, then I will do power point on various kinds of information relating to disability rights. I will be also going to speak up about deaf rights and why all of people should be equal according to Civil Rights act of 1964, IDEA, and ADA.

Today, KASA was very interesting and I asked the Vocational Rehabilitation Representative about functioning properly at the college level and ALL OF disabled people feel the same way as I do (extended time, modified work). The girl in wheelchair came and sat next to me while I was watching the interpreters, I thought that she was very cute and good looking.

We got all papers on information for employment after college and the BRS (CT Vocational Rehabilitation Services) showed us the website of CT department of Labor and I was very surprised that my disabilities are listed under employment page.

rjr2006 said:
...The girl in wheelchair came and sat next to me while I was watching the interpreters, I thought that she was very cute and good looking. ..
Hmmm, maybe she was thinking the same thing about you! ;)

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing this with us. I live in CT too. Where can I get more info about KASA? I have been involved with so many projects that are related to Deaf accessibility. For example, check out Cancorp. (www.cancorp.org) I'm currently working on a project that makes religious organizations accessible to the Deaf. By the way, Kudos to you for getting involved! Keep us posted!

Hey, if you know John Curtian he's my friend that I know....I haven't seen him in a few years but he has the same syndrome as I do!

Back