KFC Slaw...

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Found the recipe for KFC Slaw and thought I'd share it....as I do love Slaw from KFC and order extras whenever we get a bucket....Haven't tried it yet tho'...but plan to do so next time I have a Seafood and Fish dinner for the family.

1/2 cup Mayo
1/3 cup sugar
1.4 cup milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
2-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
12 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
8 cups chopped cabbage (1 head)
1/3 cup carrots
2 tablespoons minced onion
Refridgeate for 2 hours or overnight.

Here's the way I've been making it...much easier...
1 head cabbage
2 carrots
1/4 onion
Kraft Cole Slaw Dressing
No mayo or sugar

Let it sit for 1 day for juices....

Enjoy!

I tried KFC slaw once and it was gross , and I was at my neighbors house once and the woman's sister told me about someone getting a deep fried fat and biting into ! The rat must had fell into the batter and got cooked.
We were eating when the sister told this to us. :barf:

I tried KFC slaw once and it was gross , and I was at my neighbors house once and the woman's sister told me about someone getting a deep fried fat and biting into ! The rat must had fell into the batter and got cooked.
We were eating when the sister told this to us. :barf:

To each their own...KFC hasn't disappointed me yet....besides....slaw is not cooked!....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGMEnP4iQh0[/ame]

I know it not cooked but I still can't forget this news story of rats taking over a KFC! :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGMEnP4iQh0

I know it not cooked but I still can't forget this news story of rats taking over a KFC! :shock:

Sorry you can't forget it....:roll:...but my thread isn't about rats at KFC....it's about making your own slaw that tastes like KFC's!...but of course, if you have rats in ur condo...:roll:...I have no rats or roaches...so it's no problem with me...I suggest you make another thread about ur phobia of rats at KFC.

KFC's slaws are da bomb!
Every time they offer sides with my meal, i always get slaws... even if it's 2 sides... both of them are slaws. :O i'm such a fatty.

To each their own...KFC hasn't disappointed me yet....besides....slaw is not cooked!....

Slaw is so different from region to region. I like KFC's and Chick-Fil-a's. There is a local Burger place in SF that has my favorite.

KFC slaw is just real dang good! I love it. now you're making me get KFC's popcorn chicken and slaw after my dental appointment today! :drool:

im a big lover for coleslaw. I eat anything with coleslaw. I tried KFC and its running so much. but i ate it anyway.

Damn , now I want some good slaw and there really is no place around my city that had any. I wish we had a good Jewish deli close by , I miss that.

KFC slaw is just real dang good! I love it. now you're making me get KFC's popcorn chicken and slaw after my dental appointment today! :drool:

HEY!! There's a KFC just 'round the corner here. First pizza, then seafood, now KFC. What's next, I wonder? :hmm:

HEY!! There's a KFC just 'round the corner here. First pizza, then seafood, now KFC. What's next, I wonder? :hmm:

I recommend Long John Silver's cole slaw. It is cut very small and uniform in size, and not as sweet as KFC>

I recommend Long John Silver's cole slaw. It is cut very small and uniform in size, and not as sweet as KFC>

Ah, yes. I have heard that Long John Silver's cole slaw is quite good. Only problem is, it's in Skokie. I'd have to get to Howard to get there. I'll do that someday, hopefully soon, but not this month, though, as I already have other plans. :)

Found the recipe for KFC Slaw and thought I'd share it....as I do love Slaw from KFC and order extras whenever we get a bucket....Haven't tried it yet tho'...but plan to do so next time I have a Seafood and Fish dinner for the family.

1/2 cup Mayo
1/3 cup sugar
1.4 cup milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
2-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
12 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
8 cups chopped cabbage (1 head)
1/3 cup carrots
2 tablespoons minced onion
Refridgeate for 2 hours or overnight.

Here's the way I've been making it...much easier...
1 head cabbage
2 carrots
1/4 onion
Kraft Cole Slaw Dressing
No mayo or sugar

Let it sit for 1 day for juices....

Enjoy!

Hmmm, well I've got a head of cabbage in the fridge and all those ingredients too, so, guess I'll be making a cole slaw tomorrow. Thanks, Robin, for the recipe.

Great! Love it as long as the ingredients are not mentioned to me! :laugh2:

I make a simple one also...

Head shredded cabbage
Shredded carrots
Diced tomatoes (awesome sugar alternative!)
White wine vinegar
Unsweetened mayo
Dash of salt and pepper

Looks yum! ;)

HOMESTYLE-COLESLAW.jpg

Great! Love it as long as the ingredients are not mentioned to me! :laugh2:

I make a simple one also...

Head shredded cabbage
Shredded carrots
Diced tomatoes (awesome sugar alternative!)
White wine vinegar
Unsweetened mayo
Dash of salt and pepper

I don't think I seen unsweetened mayo in the store , do you made your own mayo? I uses to made it years ago and used olive oil.

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/salad/coleslaw/coleslaw-without-mayonnaise/ here are some recipes for slaw without mayo , I know some people do not like.

TCS really likes KFC slaw. We don't eat there often together but he's on the road a lot, so he gets more opportunities to eat out.

Back