Keyboard for cellphone?

No Fear 23

Reaction score
ok, i have a sidekick 2 and i use text message and instant messaging all the time. Me and my girlfriend text each other all the time. She's normal hearing and uses a basic cell phone. However, she is getting tired of using the numbers to type text and says that it takes her a while to text me, while on my sidekick, my thumbs are literaly the 'fastest thumbs in the west' lol.

My question is, is there a mini keyboard thing that connects to a cellphone? we are looking for something like that.

There was an Ericsson model that offered such a keyboard to attach to the cell phone.

No Fear 23 said:
ok, i have a sidekick 2 and i use text message and instant messaging all the time. Me and my girlfriend text each other all the time. She's normal hearing and uses a basic cell phone. However, she is getting tired of using the numbers to type text and says that it takes her a while to text me, while on my sidekick, my thumbs are literaly the 'fastest thumbs in the west' lol.

My question is, is there a mini keyboard thing that connects to a cellphone? we are looking for something like that.

Nokia 6820 is smaller than SK2.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nokia-6820-Came...845258178QQcategoryZ64355QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's great brand.

R3na3Blyth3 said:
There was an Ericsson model that offered such a keyboard to attach to the cell phone.

Ericsson is very bad system but it really nice body.

It usually depends on the phone. Some phones offer mini-keyboards and some don't.

I think there is, I think I saw one but it's for Nextel brand? I am not sure but I do have something on this saved in file. Let me dig it out and get back to you on that tomorrow :)

Neo said:
Ericsson is very bad system but it really nice body.

D'uh, like I didn't know, but I was merely giving the questioner some ideas of what phone offered qwerty keyboards. There are a couple of Nokias that have qwerty kbs. Same with hmm..the LG, a new model came out that looks like the A360 Motorola (something like that).

No Fear 23 said:

what is a model of her mobile ? it depends on what model it is that can be attached to qwery device.

deafclimber said:
what is a model of her mobile ? it depends on what model it is that can be attached to qwery device.

Yeah. I don't think good idea for carry TWO device with her all times. I am sure she would not happy with that. So better way to pick other cell phone with qwerty.

IF she don't mind so that's fine. I hope her cell phone have bluetooth then no problem!

Bluetooth can work everything for headset, qwerty, GPS, connection to computer for download/upload,internet modem, and printer.

R3na3Blyth3 said:
D'uh, like I didn't know, but I was merely giving the questioner some ideas of what phone offered qwerty keyboards. There are a couple of Nokias that have qwerty kbs. Same with hmm..the LG, a new model came out that looks like the A360 Motorola (something like that).

Ah yes. It's call LG VX9800. Only work under Verizon. I already try demo VX9800 thru my parents who work for Verizon and I don't like because it kind thick than Sk2.

I have Nextel i710 and it does have minikeyboard that attach to the cellphone and when done she can put it in her purse which I do that all the times. :D

Back