Kentucky clerk refused have same sex marriages license!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed you.can.
Nothing better then jaiing old women for their faith, to stir those who believe as her (they will seeit as such...)
Anyway
Happy jailing
(Shakes head)

She have the right to believe in what she want, however... As soon as she started to discriminate the LGBT people, it is not okay.

I am sorry but you still get in trouble for discriminating against anyone. Trying to pull out a religious card does not make your action ok as well.

Last edited:
She have the right to believe in what she want, however...mass soon as she started to discriminate the LGBT people, it is not okay.

I am sorry but you still get in trouble for discriminating against anyone. Trying to pull out a religious card does not make your action ok as well.

Your not getting it either....
She has worked the job for years...now there is a change...she doesnt want to go against her faith...forcing her, by the threat of force...ie jail, or being fired, may seem to those short sighted a good way...after all woe to the vanquished!!! She lost...now she must obey or else!!
Fine
But thats ignoring a sleeping giant, it doesnt serve minorities, to use force or the threat of force against the majority...(its rather silly actually)
If you cant see why or how this can cause long term plms....not much else to discuss...
Lets hope the lgqbta community can have more solid long term strategic thinking..
Anyway, forget about the long term..
Now its time to be short sighted...
This women should be in chains!!!!! Lets make an example of her!!!!!!!! She must be punished swifty, and severely!!!!!!
She must obey or else!!!!!
(Shakes head)

Last edited:
If it is freedom of religion for someone to support something, how is it not freedom of religion to oppose something? Does one have to be a "true" anything to have a belief? I can have a religion basin on unmentionables... if my religious belief says a man cannot marry a man and a woman cannot marry a woman because it is imparitive for married couples unmentionables to be in the same drawer to ensure fertility of the corn.... then it should not matter... as for true Christians... pfft. Come now really... I have not met a true christian yet, and I luve in the bible belt... it is an interesting thing religion... it is personal.... it does not matter what you or your neighbor thinks... you have a right to practice whatever you want....within federal reasoning anyhow...

She can believe anything she wants, that's her right, but as a separation between church and state and the fact that she is clearly working a government job, she may not discriminate those who do not have the same beliefs as her, she either has to suck it up and sign the license OR quit her job if she doesn't like the way the government is running things...tough s.h.1.+

judging by her style/ensemble, maybe she should look into competing in Annie Wilkes/Misery lookalike contests/pageants...

She can believe anything she wants, that's her right, but as a separation between church and state and the fact that she is clearly working a government job, she may not discriminate those who do not have the same beliefs as her, she either has to suck it up and sign the license OR quit her job if she doesn't like the way the government is running things...tough s.h.1.+

judging by her style/ensemble, maybe she should look into competing in Annie Wilkes/Misery lookalike contests/pageants...

What about her rights?

Your not getting it either....
She has worked the job for years...now there is a change...she doesnt want to go against her faith...forcing her, by the threat of force...ie jail, or being fired, may seem to those short sighted a good way...after all woe to the vanquished!!! She lost...now she must obey or else!!
Fine
But thats ignoring a sleeping giant, it doesnt serve minorities, to use force or the threat of force against the majority...(its rather silly actually)
If you cant see why or how this can cause long term plms....not much else to discuss...
Lets hope the lgqbta community can have more solid long term strategic thinking..
Anyway, forget about the long term..
Now its time to be short sighted...
This women should be in chains!!!!! Lets make an example of her!!!!!!!! She must be punished swifty, and severely!!!!!!
She must obey or else!!!!!
(Shakes head)

I'm sorry but no, you're one who are not getting it, not everyone else in this thread. :roll: You have the right to believe what you want but you are responsible for doing your job and you can't let your religious beliefs take over your job when it comes to discriminating against certain group of people. I'm not sure what is going on with you, you claim that you support gay marriage few posts ago yet you defended her for using her beliefs to discriminate against the LGBT folks... You're really contradicting yourself when you're saying this kind of stuffs because you called us LGBT folks short-sighted because she tried to discriminate us due to her bigoted, discriminative religious beliefs and the majority of us thought she deserve to at least be fired from her job. I understand you're an anarchist, Hoichi... But if you defended the woman for standing up with her own beliefs, it's also saying you're supporting the LGBT being discriminated due to that.

Don't really see how it'd cause any problems if she get fined or thrown in jail. She is still discriminating the LGBT due to her bigoted beliefs... And because America already passed the law in term of stuffs with LGBT, it's time that everyone start to treat the LGBT folks with equality. If she doesn't want to be involved with LGBT during her job even though her job is required to provide the marriage license for anyone... Why? It's required to do so in the civil law. If she can't do it then she should resign or get her butt fired.

Heck, if people started to use religion to go against the deaf people like what they did with LGBT, you wouldn't be saying those kind of things, trust me.

What about her rights?

She has the right to request a different job or to quit. She does not have the right to break the law by denying a couple a marriage license because it's against her beliefs. I have not read the details, but if she is the only one in that town/county that can issue marriage licenses, then she needs to be replaced. If there was another employee who could issue the license, then she can & should ask that person to issue the license.

I'm for same-sex civil marriages, but do not believe non-gov't persons who perform marriages (such as pastors, priests, etc) should be required to perform them.

She has the right to request a different job or to quit. She does not have the right to break the law by denying a couple a marriage license because it's against her beliefs. I have not read the details, but if she is the only one in that town/county that can issue marriage licenses, then she needs to be replaced. If there was another employee who could issue the license, then she can & should ask that person to issue the license.

I'm for same-sex civil marriages, but do not believe non-gov't persons who perform marriages (such as pastors, priests, etc) should be required to perform them.

So... she does not have the right to have the job?

Yes, she should have someone else be able to give out the documents... but it does not mean she should lose her job...she has rights as well... being tolerant on one group does not mean discriminating against another...

Last edited:
As a Christian, if my job required that I do something contrary to my beliefs, I would resign without making a stink. I would be honest with my boss about the reason without making a scene.

But, this is America and not everyone has to do things my way. :)

I'm also Christian,Reba

I do respectively same sex couples marriage& dating I don't discriminate for that mostly same sex couples have rightful to marriages in fifty states and countries also granted by president Obama and Supreme Court also..

But Kentucky clerk not allowed get same sex marriages certificate I ain't surprised that I would give her two thumb down!! Have three opinions:
A:Resigns
B:Jail
C:Donald Trump says you're FIRED!!!!!! (Ditto)

Last edited:
As a Christian, if my job required that I do something contrary to my beliefs, I would resign without making a stink. I would be honest with my boss about the reason without making a scene.

But, this is America and not everyone has to do things my way. :)

But your way is the right way to go and I respect you for this. I had a Christian friend but she didn't respect my religion , she wanted me become a Christian . I was born Jewish and I am going to die Jewish.

She forget one thing... obey the law. If she don't like, she can simple resign. That's it.

[
I'm sorry but no, you're one who are not getting it, not everyone else in this thread. :roll:

No need to be sorry,

[
You have the right to believe what you want but you are responsible for doing your job and you can't let your religious beliefs take over your job when it comes to discriminating against certain group of people.

I understand that,

[
I'm not sure what is going on with you, you claim that you support gay marriage few posts ago yet you defended her for using her beliefs to discriminate against the LGBT folks...

Nothing is going on,perhaps ive just not been clear. So ill give it another try...i support gay marriege, i support all kinds of marriege, what adults do with consentng adults, is their bussiness, and thats that.....the state should stay the hell out of it. Period. Ive been clear on that...any legal action.granting or protecting an adults rights to marry who they wish, and when i support....its that simple....with me...
I aslo defend a persons right, not to be coherced by the threat of force (firing, publicly shamed ect, threats of harm)... or by actual force (jail) to go against theie heart, and mind and or religious (what ever they may be), beliefs and ideals...tolerance cuts all ways in my eyes...not just for those who at any given time may or maynot have state protection or favour...

[
You're really contradicting yourself when you're saying this kind of stuffs because you called us LGBT folks short-sighted because she tried to discriminate us due to her bigoted, discriminative religious beliefs and the majority of us thought she deserve to at least be fired from her job

Its not contradictory at all...its not an either or, we are and the issues are far more complex then that..i see jailing old women for not signing papers to be both short sighted and unjust. Its short sighted because the goal can be better aicheved with allot less stiring of resenment of a large swath of the population. If it keeps up....there is no need for it...now the state has decided. This women and those like her, theyre time is passing..the guard is changing...she should be left to do her job the one she always has done. Others csn process the rubber stamps and paperwork in regard to this issue, and she prob soon will be gone, and her job filled with those who support the cause....the above is a bit slower a process, then say firing her, or dragging her off to jail by her hair...i grant...but i feel the slower way in this issue is the superior one...
I have no issues if you agree or not...but the above is how i see it...your view is different...cool

[
. I understand you're an anarchist, Hoichi... But if you defended the woman for standing up with her own beliefs, it's also saying you're supporting the LGBT being discriminated due to that.

No its not....its stating exactly what it states...the actuall subtance of her faith, what she believes to me doesnt come into....her faith is her own...and i respect her for standing up for it...

[
Don't really see how it'd cause any problems if she get fined or thrown in jail.

If the state starts tossing old women, in jail on the bhest or under the banner of the lgbtqa cause....(shakes head)....the gains wom, will in the end.....long term be undermined.....if you really cant see why.....then.....i wont be able to explain it more...its one of those "you need to see it or your just dont kinda of things".

[
She is still discriminating the LGBT due to her bigoted beliefs... And because America already passed the law in term of stuffs with LGBT, it's time that everyone start to treat the LGBT folks with equality

Fools rush in...

[
. If she doesn't want to be involved with LGBT during her job even though her job is required to provide the marriage license for anyone... Why? It's required to do so in the civil law. If she can't do it then she should resign or get her butt fired.
How long has she worked this job? How long has the requirment for her to sign gay marriges been in effect? Would you be as quick going against your morols or your ideals?not every one is fast to give up thier faith or morals or positions in life (what ever those may be) some,and many actually believ and strongky follow their beliefs.its just how many are wired i guess. Some can change theie beliefs and faith like a t shirt, others juat cant or take a hell of allot longer....

[
Heck, if people started to use religion to go against the deaf people like what they did with LGBT, you wouldn't be saying those kind of things, trust me.

Dont presume to tell me what i think or would be stating.

Last edited:
Judge orders KY clerk to jail for refusing to issue marriage licenses, news reports say.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Judge orders KY clerk to jail for refusing to issue marriage licenses, news reports say.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

That seems like overkill.

Kentucky county clerk JAILED for refusing to hand out marriage licenses to same-sex couples
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-court-orders-hand-sex-marriage-licenses.html

Defiant Ky. clerk jailed over refusing marriage licenses
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kim-davis-kentucky-clerk-supreme-court-same-sex-marriage-ruling-jail/

Kentucky clerk ordered to jail for failing to issue same-sex marriage licenses
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/03/politics/kentucky-clerk-same-sex-marriage-kim-davis/index.html

But your way is the right way to go and I respect you for this. I had a Christian friend but she didn't respect my religion , she wanted me become a Christian . I was born Jewish and I am going to die Jewish.

Welcome back to AD.

Jail...
Im always amused when a group who was persecuted ends up persecuting...
Its a weird human phenomon i guess..
May she feel the tortures whip, and be beaten into submission...!!!! May this women be broken and forced to sign the papers, amidst howls and jeers!!!! Laughter and mocking!!! If she still refuses to sign, may a hammer fall upon her hands.
How dare she think her own thoughts!!! The state demands she sign the papers...and sign them she will!!!! The state owns you!!! You will do as your told, you will submit!!!
May the state crush all who in their mind think contrary thoughts or in their actions refuse to submit!!! How dare this woman!! She is s threat to the very freedom of the states dictates, and must be delt with....
You will obey!!!!!
Or else..
Funny idea of tolerence...i admit....but hell, im of the old school....."-)
Ah well
Burn her!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back