Kent State University

Stuntman529

Reaction score
Hello AllDeaf!

My girlfriend is looking to study interpreting and deaf education at Kent State University. It's apparently in the top 5 schools in America for interpreting and deaf education. I would love to get input on how that school is regarding a deaf social life for a deaf college guy like me. I'm worried that there would be very few deaf and signer people there.

I'm supposed to go to RIT this fall but there's some factors that makes it difficult for me to go through and Kent State sounds great on paper. Thanks for any input!

Michael

Well, I went to Kent and it was a good school. Good environment, great campus. There isn't much to do OFF campus-- if you step foot off of the campus it becomes well, pretty much nothing. I know that they have been renovating the town since I've been there-- it's been about five years. As far as deaf people-- I did not meet many myself, didn't see many around... but it might have improved since I've been there... I do know that the ASL program is outstanding, so I give them props for that.

Back