Keeping HAs on Toddlers?

AshJagla

Reaction score
Any ideas or suggestions on how to keep hearing aids on a 1 year old? She's 16 months old with severe to profound hearing loss, with the greater hearing loss in high frequencies. They are giving her the strongest hearing aids on the market they said (can't remember the brand?) on Thursday, but with her audiogram they don't expect her to be able to hear the higher sounds in speech, so she may not want to leave them on because it'll all sound confusing.

We're in the process of getting her evaled for CIs because we don't believe she has always had this severe of hearing loss, but that includes a min of 6 weeks with HAs on during all waking hours. I can't seem to keep this child's glasses on for more than a few mins at a time for the life of me, I have no idea how I'm going to be able to keep her HAs on ALL DAY.

What do you think? :hmm:

Could try Huggies? I've included a picture of mine. I use them even tho I'm an adult.

If the hearing aids are Phonaks then sound recover will bring the high frequencies into her better low frequencies and she would be able to hear the higher sounds :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 8
Back