Kayla's Freedom upgrade processor

kayla123

Reaction score
Kayla finally got her Freedom processor. When we went for the programming, she was pretty excited. While we were at the audiologists office and the audi first put the processor on Kayla after she programmed it, Kayla complained that it was too loud. We went ahead and put her on p1 until she would get used to it and then move her up from there. I was surprised she complained about it because p4 was the exact same map as her old Espirit 3G processor. The audi explained that was a normal reaction. As we left the office to go to the reception area to make another appointment, she then started complaining that it was too soft. So we ended up back at p4 and she was ok with it until we left. She threw a fit in the car wanting her old processor back! I remember she did the same thing when she went from the bodyworn to the bte. I know it was just a matter of her getting used to it. By the time we got home she was excited about again and could'nt wait to show everybody her new processor. Lately i'm hearing alot of "what was that sound"? so she's definately getting more sound from her new one. I have'nt heard her say that in so long because she grew accustom to all the sounds around her. A couple of days after her appt., we were driving and she started asking what that sound was so i asked her to describe it to me because i had no clue of what sound she was talking about. It ended up being the sound your tires make when going over small bumps...lol. So, so far so good!

That's so lovely :) I'm so glad she likes her new processor. What colour did she choose?

That is great. I know Ashley has to do things her own way in her own time. I thought she was too young and too small but no one told her that. She does not like change either. Good Luck and congrats on the upgrade.

Congrats on the upgrade. So far we really like the Freedom, we have no complaints. I can't wait to experience everything you describe. It will take time, but it will be worth it.

Awww...that's neat, glad that the two of you (and others as well) are enjoying these moments--cherish and treasure these moments always! ;) Wishing you and your daughter the very best throughout this newfounded experience. :)

~RR

Thanks guys. I chose her original processor and it was brown(to match her hair)and now that she's older i let her choose and i was surprised to see that she chose brown as well. I thought for sure that she would have picked the pink microphone protector, thats her favorite color! I think it had to do with that whole change thing.

Back