Kayaking

planetdoodle

Reaction score
I am on my third kayak,i lost the other two by tipping over on the white river,any other kayakers out their

How is inflatable kayak? I almost bought one last summer but choose to travel a bit instead. But I am thinking about getting one for this summer.

How is inflatable kayak? I almost bought one last summer but choose to travel a bit instead. But I am thinking about getting one for this summer.
Very portable...fits in trunk of car.

But I would not take it on some whitewater rapids.

I tried it once but with my 'I got this' personality (so not a good thing with extreme sports) I tipped over and had a really hard time turning back over, due to the fact that when everyone tried to give me lessons I said no no 'I got this'...
Needless to say I waved bye to the kayak and struggled to nearby land :)

I tried it once but with my 'I got this' personality (so not a good thing with extreme sports) I tipped over and had a really hard time turning back over, due to the fact that when everyone tried to give me lessons I said no no 'I got this'...
Needless to say I waved bye to the kayak and struggled to nearby land :)
I never had lessons,u do have it,and for the inflatable kayaks dont trust them

I'm a white water rafter and I've always wanted to improve my kayaking skills. I always go rafting with several kayakers circling my boat.. like vultures, waiting for someone to fall out ;)

whitewater kayaker in Washington DC area

I have been doing whitewater boating for many years. I mostly paddle Dagger Outburst. I have paddled many West Virginia whitewater rivers. I can roll well and have many years experience.

Every labor day weekend, a large Deaf group goes kyaking and white water rafting on the North Fork of the American River in Sacramento. Everyone is welcome! :) Contact me for more info.

Wirelessly posted

warpedpink said:
Every labor day weekend, a large Deaf group goes kyaking and white water rafting on the North Fork of the American River in Sacramento. Everyone is welcome! :) Contact me for more info.

Will do!!! I'm interested!

:wave:...Natty! (Planetdoodle)...so that's where you have been, Kayaking.....been a very long time since I've seen you around!...But good to see ya posting....

Mostly ocean. We own a lot of kayaks :dunno:, as my wife was a rep and she always finds a reason to buy something new etc.
I enjoy fishing from them mostly if it was just to paddle for paddle sake I'd be bored to tears. I've wanted to try river kayaking but no opportunities have come up.
We used to own a cat but we sold it and our river/duck/fishing boat for our down sizing in anticipation of selling our house to move back home to Alaska which as been going on for a while since the economy seems to now want houses.
Anyway yes, posting what we do and different outings would be fun.

Attachments

• papa1.jpg
    papa1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 0
I don't understand? I can post different things here and there but the last answer to this thread with a nice photo said, "Has to be approved my mod". Why? I'm registered.

Last edited:
Here is a photo of me with the grandchildren in Juneau.

Attachments

• papa1.jpg
    papa1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 5
Back