just wondering.. is it possible for a dog to favor women over men?

My dog only gets protective around men if they try to hug me - even my dad or grandpa she will start barking and dancing around. I think it is more of a jealousy thing (I can't believe human is paying more attention to others than me!!). But it is sorta cute! Good thing I don't have a boyfriend right now...

when I first adopted my dog (he's terrier and chihuahua mix too), he was very submissive and leery of my stepdad (he's peeded on my stepdad a few times) but was fine with all the other men coming by the house, and would be all over my stepdad's brother or sons, etc. I wonder if he had been abused/scared of someone who looks like my stepdad before I adopted him, but I have no idea. Always been fine with women though.

It might have frightened to someone before.So it is barking with fear.So you can train it affectionately different tips so that it will have no such types of problems.

This reminds me of my friend's cat. His cat hates women. Whenever women came over to his place, his cat would hiss at women that came close and get defensive when women tried to pet him.

Well, he got married. I wonder how his cat is doing now. :Ohno:

Back