just wanted to get feedback on my site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Http://www.geocities.com/o0obluemoon0o0

I was actually thinking of adding new page to the site, that contains parts of my stories. But Im not even sure if I should, cuz I was thinking of writing story and try publishing at least one book. I guess just for experience?? to see that people actually read my stuff, u know?

Nice and simple homepage. Might want to add some picture on the front page to spice up your website.

You might want to reconsider about posting your stories online thinking no one is going to cheat you. Then again, you mentioned posting parts of your stories, which doesn't sound too bad -- but check on that anyway.

By the way, since you've asked for feedback on your site, your thread will be moved to the Site Reviews & Critiques forum.

Good luck.

Indeed...very nice -- front page a bit plain, but hey...you're just starting out -- it's good. Like what Alex said -- try to spiff things up by adding a few things here and there to brighten up the page. :D

Keep up with the good work.

Umm... it looks like your website was raped again! :crazy: I guess I'll wait until tomorrow before checking it out. :(

VamPyroX said:
Umm... it looks like your website was raped again! :crazy: I guess I'll wait until tomorrow before checking it out. :(

Excuse me??? My site got raped again? what u mean... dont really like the word "raped"... Im not pissy or anything, just kinda sentsive abt it. cuz of my past experience....

VamPyroX said:

VamPyroX has no morals! That tells me he has a 'I-DONT-CARE' attitude. He can say anything he wants as if he migh have a fu*k the world behavior. What a sadistic fella.

Im sorry he said that to you, o0obluemoon0o0

Last edited:
Expedix said:
VamPyroX has no morals! That tells me he has a 'I-DONT-CARE' attitude. He can say anything he wants as if he migh have a fu*k the world behavior. What a sadistic fella.

Im sorry he said that to you, o0obluemoon0o0
Hey, I do have morals. The word, "raped", is a word that's used by many people online. It means that a website has been bombarded by viewers that its bandwidth was exceeded and the website shut down. This usually happens when one person says, "Hey, check this website out!" and everyone goes to look at the website. Only the first few manage to see it... and use up the website's bandwidth. The rest have to wait until the next day before the bandwidth limit is reset. I've used that word "raped" many times here in AllDeaf... for that meaning.

o0obluemoon0o0 said:
Excuse me??? My site got raped again? what u mean... dont really like the word "raped"... Im not pissy or anything, just kinda sentsive abt it. cuz of my past experience....
Whoa... I guess this was one of those threads that got reset during the summer and I missed your reply. My apologies.

Read my reply to Expedix. It wasn't meant as a disrespectful or harmful term. It was meant as an online slang that a person refers to when a website's bandwidth has been exceeded... too quickly.

Yeah, I know what you mean by 'Website was raped', but dont you think 'bombarded' is a better word than a hurtful word of 'rape'? I dont know if you have said it numerous times, but Im glad someone like me have noticed this.

I wouldn't say this word again.

I've reported the admin to keep their eyes on you.

Have a happy life, man!

Expedix said:
Yeah, I know what you mean by 'Website was raped', but dont you think 'bombarded' is a better word than a hurtful word of 'rape'? I dont know if you have said it numerous times, but Im glad someone like me have noticed this.

I wouldn't say this word again.

I've reported the admin to keep their eyes on you.

Have a happy life, man!

I do need to point out that I know Vampy is not the kind of man who would mean anything by saying that. It is a slang often used online for that but he means no harm to anyone. Im sorry that ooobluemoonooo is upset but please know that he means no harm.

Well, I think your point is invalid, because the definition of rape is 'Force to have sexual intercourse' which is harmful. It doesnt matter whether you're using it as a slang or not and its still a hurtful word. I wouldn't use it as a slang at all-cost.

I understand you might know Vamp well than me and he didn't mean that, my emphasis to vamp is to not say this anymore. That's it.

Thanks!

Expedix said:
Well, I think your point is invalid, because the definition of rape is 'Force to have sexual intercourse' which is harmful. It doesnt matter whether you're using it as a slang or not and its still a hurtful word. I wouldn't use it as a slang at all-cost.

I understand you might know Vamp well than me and he didn't mean that, my emphasis to vamp is to not say this anymore. That's it.

Thanks!
Slangs are words that mean something else in the real world, but having different definition when used as catch-phrases, idioms, and other various things. If slangs were to be taken seriously, then the use of slangs should be banned. If they're banned, then where's the fun. Of course, if a slang is taken seriously by one person... then an apology can be given. That's what I've already done. Now, this thread might be locked up considering that the website is no longer there. Just a link saying "View My Webcam"... and her thread saying something else. When threads become irrelevant, they get locked. If you feel that you want to continue this discussion... please do it with me through PM since this issue is made about ME. Thanks.

Mod Note:

Website is "dead". Only a "View My Webcam" link remains and not what is promoted here. :locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back