Just want to say hi!!!

No, but I happen to study at the Starbucks place in Santa Clara that hold a deaf event once every month also. So I am going to that one instead. I do know there are schools and churches for the Deaf community in Fremont.
I don't plan to socialize that much anytime soon because my ASL is at totter101 level right now - maybe in a few months. We'll see

Fastest way to learn/improve your asl by socializing with deaf or hearing who learn ASL. :D

Fastest way to learn/improve your asl by socializing with deaf or hearing who learn ASL. :D

Totally agree with you on that. I started learning English at 16 :hmm:
I've just been busy with other things lately and I feel that I need to make efforts in learning some common signs first. Otherwise, I won't get much out of these social events. It is also a bit hard for me because I am not a very expressive person. I am not used to show my emotions and do facial expressions.

I've just been busy with other things lately and I feel that I need to make efforts in learning some common signs first. Otherwise, I won't get much out of these social events. It is also a bit hard for me because I am not a very expressive person. I am not used to show my emotions and do facial expressions.

Same, I'm not that expressive with my facial expressions and emotions. I tend to try to keep my expression neutral most of the time unless I'm smiling, laughing, etc. ASL totally demands you do that to take it on a whole another level. Haha.

you must be Chinese

yes, I am. I'm Chinese-American!! Born and raised in USA, hence the American term. ABC!

"What kind of Asian?".

In many applications - it asks what race are you. and then another question asks if you are an American citizen or not. I am 100% Korean. You are 100% Chinese. Neither of us is half-breed but both of us is American citizen.

and... since you were born in Texas.... I've never heard of a Texan saying "Born and raised in USA." A real proud Texan says "Texas. Born & Raised. yeeeee hawwww"... along with a tobacco spit :lol:

Back