Just simple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
oops, okay, sorry
No worries. I am still interested in seeing anything that supports forced CI's on deaf people. Especially in the states as mentioned.

This is more of an issue beteween a divorced couple. The request for the court order was from the mother and not something the courts came up with on their own. It's also not clear if it was honored and / or enforced. Also the statement that the courts can force this was made by the father and not necessiarly legal fact. There are a lot of unanswered questions in this particular article.

I agree but my point was there can be circumstances where the law can "force" the issue. That being said, it is not about the CI "per se" but about a custodial arraignment that happens to be dealing with a CI. That was the only reason I brought that up.

I agree but my point was there can be circumstances where the law can "force" the issue. That being said, it is not about the CI "per se" but about a custodial arraignment that happens to be dealing with a CI. That was the only reason I brought that up.

I agree. It is a custody issue, not a CI issue.

I agree. It is a custody issue, not a CI issue.

Same here, as with many divorces, issues over the kids and the kids themselves become pawns in the dispute between the parents.

If they really forced deaf people to have CI, the government must pay for the device and all the expense. That's a deal?

Thank you, been looking for that.

And did you hear about the one where a judge is forcing an 8 yr old girl to wear her CI? Although the issue is between her Mom and Dad but, hey, come on.....the judge found for the hearing mother over the deaf dad....

the girl is 5. The mother said she wants the girl to be deaf like daddy. But the grandparents spoke something about the girl being able to speak and hear. The judge thinks they have the power to force it. It happened in other states as well. I just think that the government need to set up a new bill to prevent the courts to make that kind of decision because they are "forcing" the children to hear. All I can say to them dumbasses who doesnt have a clue. It is not any better then 80% chance to make things a success. I just pity the children for suffering through all these. If the child or a person decide to want or ask for CI.. that is their choice. I cant do anything. I will just support their decision but I refuse to have one myself or allow my kid to have one either. Natural is what it is all about and why are we deaf? IS that our purpose? It is just the word and action "FORCE" is something I am against.

There was a story somewhere that the mother couldn't afford the kid until she gets the money and let the court put the kid in foster home. Gave her the warning about their decision with the kid, the mother didn't have time to reply or didnt get the message in time so the judge decided to order the child to be implanted as they put the kid into foster home. The mother found out and got real mad. That is all I heard. The child is around 5 - 10 of age. I am not sure.

That is something I am concerned about... I am really glad you guys kept it in control without causing any problem...

..........................................................................There was a story somewhere that the mother couldn't afford the kid until she gets the money and let the court put the kid in foster home. Gave her the warning about their decision with the kid, the mother didn't have time to reply or didnt get the message in time so the judge decided to order the child to be implanted as they put the kid into foster home. The mother found out and got real mad. That is all I heard. The child is around 5 - 10 of age. I am not sure.

That is something I am concerned about... I am really glad you guys kept it in control without causing any problem...
Come on man. You can't just keep spewing this nonsense without any sources to back it up. Show me where you got the information that a judge ordered a child to be implanted.

This mis-information has to stop. And anybody that believes this without reliable sources to back it up is just as much a part of the problem as those that are propagating this nonsense.

Come on man. You can't just keep spewing this nonsense without any sources to back it up. Show me where you got the information that a judge ordered a child to be implanted.

This mis-information has to stop. And anybody that believes this without reliable sources to back it up is just as much a part of the problem as those that are propagating this nonsense.

Rockdummer, quit putting things on me like that, I was told and read that off the website that my mate was surfing through the other day, plus she didnt want to save all the links she has read through. I am sharing the information of what I was told, and that is the truth. It is not misinformation. If I am not sure.. I will say it.. like I did earlier. If you want to believe it, do the research yourself, I dont have that kind of time, my hands are full. If you want to debate with me with what I say. Feel free because I felt confident on what I say is what I was told and some of it I already read.. it was off her computer while I am using mine for homework. So happy hunting is all I can say. That is the truth. Good luck.

Everyone else I appreciate the share. Good Job. No bull here or there.

Rockdummer, quit putting things on me like that, I was told and read that off the website that my mate was surfing through the other day, plus she didnt want to save all the links she has read through. I am sharing the information of what I was told, and that is the truth. It is not misinformation. If I am not sure.. I will say it.. like I did earlier. If you want to believe it, do the research yourself, I dont have that kind of time, my hands are full. If you want to debate with me with what I say. Feel free because I felt confident on what I say is what I was told and some of it I already read.. it was off her computer while I am using mine for homework. So happy hunting is all I can say. That is the truth. Good luck.

It is misinformation. Your entire first post is biased and full of unsubstantiated rumors.

It is misinformation. Your entire first post is biased and full of unsubstantiated rumors.

why say that if it was being said by media authors. I just asked my mate for those website links, she said she had no memory which it was and isnt going to look for them all over again right at the moment. I do recall reading what she was reading has been posted by professional authors not like people like us. I am doing my homework so that is why I said go happy hunting, if you have a proof to prove me wrong, go ahead. I dont mind. But I know I heard and read it by the professional authors. I am out for the night. adios.

You can't believe everything you read on the web, I thought this was common knowledge!

Are you kidding me? It's on you the one that is claiming these things to provide proof and not hearsay. There is a difference between what is fact and what is hearsay. You have the time to spew this nonsense but you don't have the time to back it up with sources? :confused:

I don't know about anyone else, but as far as I am concerned, anything you are claiming about CI's being forced on children, or bills and laws in affect to force CI's on deaf people or judges that ordered children to be imiplanted is nothing but a bunch of BS untill you can prove otherwise with reliable sources. In my opinion you should not be able to post these claims without backing them up with something reliable. And I'm sorry but hearsay is not a reliable source.

It's people like you that are propagating the mis-information which is actually believed by some people. You are part of the problem and not the solution.

why say that if it was being said by media authors. I just asked my mate for those website links, she said she had no memory which it was and isnt going to look for them all over again right at the moment. I do recall reading what she was reading has been posted by professional authors not like people like us. I am doing my homework so that is why I said go happy hunting, if you have a proof to prove me wrong, go ahead. I dont mind. But I know I heard and read it by the professional authors. I am out for the night. adios.
then your information is useless. Don't make claims that you can't back up. The proof to prove you wrong is the lack of any sources that support your claims. There, you have been proven wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't believe everything you read on the web, I thought this was common knowledge!
It's still questionable if anything was even found on the web that was from a reliable source and not just hearsay.

This thread is BS and should be :locked:

Thread reported.

I think Posts from Hell said in Sweden, CIs are mandatory among children.

Will look around to see if I can find anything to verify it.

Please pardon my ignorance but can you show me proof with sources of any countries or states that have bills or laws that force deaf people to be implanted.

Thank you

Perhaps not laws, per se, but some countries do have policies in place that greatly manipulate consumers to the option of implantation. One example would be government paying for a CI, but refusing to pay for alternate services such as educational and linguistic accommodations instead.

I think Posts from Hell said in Sweden, CIs are mandatory among children.

Will look around to see if I can find anything to verify it.

Denmark I think.

Denmark I think.

Mandatory to the degree that if a parent opts to not implant, they are denied any other government sponsored services for deaf kids, too. In other words, no EI, no educational services specialized for the deaf, etc.

Mandatory to the degree that if a parent opts to not implant, they are denied any other government sponsored services for deaf kids, too. In other words, no EI, no educational services specialized for the deaf, etc.

U know..that is just abusolely major f****cked up.

Are you kidding me? It's on you the one that is claiming these things to provide proof and not hearsay. There is a difference between what is fact and what is hearsay. You have the time to spew this nonsense but you don't have the time to back it up with sources? :confused:

I don't know about anyone else, but as far as I am concerned, anything you are claiming about CI's being forced on children, or bills and laws in affect to force CI's on deaf people or judges that ordered children to be imiplanted is nothing but a bunch of BS untill you can prove otherwise with reliable sources. In my opinion you should not be able to post these claims without backing them up with something reliable. And I'm sorry but hearsay is not a reliable source.

It's people like you that are propagating the mis-information which is actually believed by some people. You are part of the problem and not the solution.

Although I agree with you, I am glad it was you who said it and not I! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back