Just purchased a XBOX360

I'm on BradB08's side

Why did you get arcade then consider of getting PRO? You'll waste about $200. :)

Congrats! See my Gamertag, add me!

I'm working on Grand Theft Auto: SA right now, so I rather finish that before heading to GTA:IV. Good luck though! I am also playing THPG at the moment, and rather finish that game before playing something else. Games these days are much LONGER to play...it's annoying. :-D
I agree to disagree that BradB08 actually wasted his X360 core system. He is wise and smart what right choice he made! He can customize his 360 core system as upgrade as events when his money is permission.

I had 360 pro system aka premium I spent 400 bucks. Guess what? My first Premium ended up the death of red three rings, i felt VERY wasted my money on it for 400 bucks. But I was lucky, bestbuy allowed to exchanged it as new one without charge, thank Bestbuy. I won't spend the stupid 360 pro system or elite system from 300 to 400. I would choice the core system is reasonable price and i would take parts out of crap into core system as customize, because all 360 system are same!

If i had 400 bucks, I would spend core system, plus new 3000 series core PSP.isnt tht wise budget?

I agree to disagree that BradB08 actually wasted his X360 core system. He is wise and smart what right choice he made! He can customize his 360 core system as upgrade as events when his money is permission.

I had 360 pro system aka premium I spent 400 bucks. Guess what? My first Premium ended up the death of red three rings, i felt VERY wasted my money on it for 400 bucks. But I was lucky, bestbuy allowed to exchanged it as new one without charge, thank Bestbuy. I won't spend the stupid 360 pro system or elite system from 300 to 400. I would choice the core system is reasonable price and i would take parts out of crap into core system as customize, because all 360 system are same!

If i had 400 bucks, I would spend core system, plus new 3000 series core PSP.isnt tht wise budget?

It doesnt matter which version you get. I bought my core system at launch and a year later it crashed on me. ANY Xbox360 version can still get crashed no matter what kind it is depending on the hardware and how its handled.

I'm sure if you keep on all the time (which I don't), it could lead to this problem?

I'm sure if you keep on all the time (which I don't), it could lead to this problem?

Your new Xbox 360 use Falcon or Jasper motherboard then you are safer.

Mine is Opus motherboard.

Opus- Launch day (Nov 2005) to Sept 2007 (higher rate of hardware failure)
Falcon- Sept 2007 to Aug 2008
Jasper- Aug 2008 and after

It doesnt matter which version you get. I bought my core system at launch and a year later it crashed on me. ANY Xbox360 version can still get crashed no matter what kind it is depending on the hardware and how its handled.
Yeah I agree with you.. no questions.. heh..

Your new Xbox 360 use Falcon or Jasper motherboard then you are safer.

Mine is Opus motherboard.

Opus- Launch day (Nov 2005) to Sept 2007 (higher rate of hardware failure)
Falcon- Sept 2007 to Aug 2008
Jasper- Aug 2008 and after
There is no safe.. If whoever is 360 console Owner use falcon or jasper motherboard, no matter what kind its dependin on the hardware. Unfortunately, their 360 console STILL will get crashed or ended up the death of RED RINGS.. well.. Because MS built and design the gaming console is still lousy & poor quality unlike original xbox. scream at MS, I wanted MS bring original xbox back on market instead of 360 XBox!

Yeah I agree with you.. no questions.. heh..

There is no safe.. If whoever is 360 console Owner use falcon or jasper motherboard, no matter what kind its dependin on the hardware. Unfortunately, their 360 console STILL will get crashed or ended up the death of RED RINGS.. well.. Because MS built and design the gaming console is still lousy & poor quality unlike original xbox. scream at MS, I wanted MS bring original xbox back on market instead of 360 XBox!

Yup, I know about situation with MS but... hardware failure rate for Falcon is 10%, compared to more than 30% for Opus, there's no report on Jasper because of recent new motherboard and too early to make result.
Rumor: New Xbox 360 Failure Rates Still Around 10 Percent? (For Falcon motherboard)

The Bitbag » Microsoft Blogger Breakfast Bullets

Oh well, I should say "less chance" instead "you are safer", oh well.

I had 3 red ring of death in last few month ago but repaired under warranty and no replacement, just repaired on same console model then sent it, I thought MS will replace it into newer model with HDMI but nothing is happen, have you got recent red ring of death?

Uh no I usually play my xbox360 usually one to two hours and I always turn it off after use.

My Xbox360 obviously use the Opus aka "shitty" motherboard as well.

I hope to have mine replaced with the Jasper motherboard since its the most updated version now.

Uh no I usually play my xbox360 usually one to two hours and I always turn it off after use.

My Xbox360 obviously use the Opus aka "shitty" motherboard as well.

I hope to have mine replaced with the Jasper motherboard since its the most updated version now.

MS could be repair on same console instead of send new console replacement like happened to me, just depends on how is bad with hardware.

I was like WTF at MS for repaired on same console thn sent it so earlier, I'm concern about get red ring of death again.

MS could be repair on same console instead of send new console replacement like happened to me, just depends on how is bad with hardware.

I was like WTF at MS for repaired on same console thn sent it so earlier, I'm concern about get red ring of death again.

*shrugs* then I guess Microsoft sucks at this hardware stuff.

If you play game so very longer hours can be danger is in CPU overheat has problem. if your case don't work and you can send repair to microsoft warrenty for 3 year limit and you must have recpit paper show. When frist open xbox360 from 2005 thur 2007 late not sure and not good tech cool fan cpu problem and now update late 2007 to now much better tech. you can buy one update tech what you want LOL :laugh2:

If you play game so very longer hours can be danger is in CPU overheat has problem. if your case don't work and you can send repair to microsoft warrenty for 3 year limit and you must have recpit paper show. When frist open xbox360 from 2005 thur 2007 late not sure and not good tech cool fan cpu problem and now update late 2007 to now much better tech. you can buy one update tech what you want LOL :laugh2:

I had sent Xbox 360 to MS for repair in few month ago and don't require receipt paper, they just check via serial number, after that then send an empty box to pack it and send it to repair. MS will check your serial number to determine if you are under warranty.

It has with hardware design, newer Xbox 360 has larger heatsink and reduce of nanometer (90 nm to 65 nm), PowerPC is always cause too much heat.

NONE PROVE/TRUE! I play games (gta, halo, ghost recon, others) for hours/or three days in row without turn off. My console is so fine since I exchanged it at once. I noticed that console is not good in the evniorment where it heat in place nor during hot summer time you play for hours, whatever.

If your room is heat, it will reach your console ended up overheat to lead the death of rings. Just make sure put console in place where it more cool around, so you can play games for hours and overheat less.. trust my words.

NONE PROVE/TRUE! I play games (gta, halo, ghost recon, others) for hours/or three days in row without turn off. My console is so fine since I exchanged it at once. I noticed that console is not good in the evniorment where it heat in place nor during hot summer time you play for hours, whatever.

If your room is heat, it will reach your console ended up overheat to lead the death of rings. Just make sure put console in place where it more cool around, so you can play games for hours and overheat less.. trust my words.

True, true...

which Xbox 360 has more often problem? Core? Prenium?

I am thinking abt buying Core System cuz I might wont play that much

which Xbox 360 has more often problem? Core? Prenium?

I am thinking abt buying Core System cuz I might wont play that much

Don't matters on Core or Premium that cause red ring of death (RROD), all version of Xbox 360 are affected by RROD, it's best for you to buy latest Xbox 360 with new Jasper motherboard, or Falcon motherboard but only 10% failure rate and no report on Jasper, compared to over 30% on Opus motherboard.

Core is replaced into Arcade version since last year.

Don't matters on Core or Premium that cause red ring of death (RROD), all version of Xbox 360 are affected by RROD, it's best for you to buy latest Xbox 360 with new Jasper motherboard, or Falcon motherboard but only 10% failure rate and no report on Jasper, compared to over 30% on Opus motherboard.

Core is replaced into Arcade version since last year.

How would I know if its Jasper or Falcon on Xbox 360?

Back