Just got a letter today from......

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
Eye and Ear hospital- more specificially Cochlear Implant Clinic

They told me if I want to make appointment with them to discuss CI and the possibility of getting an up to date CI then I could if I wanted.

Now I went there for information and tests in 2005 and now it's 2010 and I got this letter.

Whoa, never heard of this such thing happening.

I'm thinking they must be desperate for new people to brainwash and implant because it'd mean more funding from the Govt.

:shock:

Geez

What do you guy think of this letter?

Sorry if I put it in wrong section.

Do you mean you have one now and it is outdated? Or they think you have one and are asking you if you want to swap for a new one?

Do you mean you have one now and it is outdated? Or they think you have one and are asking you if you want to swap for a new one?

Actually, the irony is I don't have a CI.

So, my interpretation is they would like give me an implant.

Eye and Ear hospital- more specificially Cochlear Implant Clinic

They told me if I want to make appointment with them to discuss CI and the possibility of getting an up to date CI then I could if I wanted.

Now I went there for information and tests in 2005 and now it's 2010 and I got this letter.

Whoa, never heard of this such thing happening.

I'm thinking they must be desperate for new people to brainwash and implant because it'd mean more funding from the Govt.
:shock:

Geez

What do you guy think of this letter?

Sorry if I put it in wrong section.

This is my feeling of what many desperate Doctors and government want to have you or anyone to pay for the CI, even if you have to use insurance to pay top dollars like $70,000 to $100,000. Yeah, it is more like advertising if you want to have CI very badly. Right now you are the adult and you can decide if you want it or not. No one force you. But we do worry about babies and very young children. So that is the problem. The letter like this will be going to hearing parents of deaf children just to brainwash hearing parents like fish hook. :(

This is my feeling of what many desperate Doctors and government want to have you or anyone to pay for the CI, even if you have to use insurance to pay top dollars like $70,000 to $100,000. Yeah, it is more like advertising if you want to have CI very badly. Right now you are the adult and you can decide if you want it or not. No one force you. But we do worry about babies and very young children. So that is the problem. The letter like this will be going to hearing parents of deaf children just to brainwash hearing parents like fish hook. :(

I get what you're saying. However I could get a CI for free if I'm keen.

Can you write exactly what the letter contains (leaving out personal information)? I'm dying to know what it says.

(Oh, and you think adults who decide to get CI's are brainwashed? Yeesh, that's not very nice. :shock:)

Can you write exactly what the letter contains (leaving out personal information)? I'm dying to know what it says.

(Oh, and you think adults who decide to get CI's are brainwashed? Yeesh, that's not very nice. :shock:)

$70,000 to $100,000 is a whooping lot of money for CI to be implanted. Yes, I think it is brainwashing when it comes to money. All they think about is money, money, money and more money. :roll:

Just keep in mind, if you don't know, Miss D. is in Australia.

So you have been there before to discuss the possibility of getting a CI. Apparently you turned it down back then.

The way that letter reads, you don't even have to respond. Unless, of course, you want to get a CI. I don't recall your stance on that one way or the other.

It looks like a follow-up form letter that they send to people that have previously inquired about the surgery. If you're interested, reply, if not, don't.

Yeah, I know. Maybe I'll call them up and see if they have hybrid CI and see what they say.

Tousi, I don't have a particular stance on CI. I think as technology it's fine but the method they use on people not to use Sign Language is something I don't agree with.

I think they want to get more people implanted because that means the profit will treble in the stockmarket.

It's normal for businesses to want to increase their customer base.

That particular letter seemed pretty low-key, no pressure, to me.

After all, it's a follow up to a visit that you originally initiated, right?

I am surprised that only 200,000 people have CI. Seems very low. But, then again....

I agree with Reba. This reads just like a regular marketing letter intending to encourage growth to their business by reminding you about CI. There isn't anything in it discussing about giving it away for free.

I agree with Reba. This reads just like a regular marketing letter intending to encourage growth to their business by reminding you about CI. There isn't anything in it discussing about giving it away for free.

No, the letter doesn't say anything about getting the CI gratis but since this is Australia, she might be able to get it for free from the government is probably what she meant. If not, then thru insurance of some kind.

Back