Just Found This Site.

Jamiep

Reaction score
Hi All, just came across this site by accident. Some great comments on here, just wanted to say "Hello". Jamie

Thank you. Just embarking on my journey into deafness really. Well actually I have been losing my hearing for some time but over the past year it has gotten much worse. This is difficult as I am a teacher of very challenging indviduals, going to have to change direction really soon!

Thank you. Just embarking on my journey into deafness really. Well actually I have been losing my hearing for some time but over the past year it has gotten much worse. This is difficult as I am a teacher of very challenging indviduals, going to have to change direction really soon!

Maybe you could be a teacher of the deaf or something.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum.

What kind of teaching to you teach the students if you don't mind my asking? Did you went to the audiologist to get your hearing test and maybe get fit with the hearing aids?

Welcome to our d/Deaf world. You will learn a lot about deafness and the Deaf culture which specialized in BSL or other sign language. So stick around here and learn something.

Have fun reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Wow, thanks for the welcpome guys. In response;-

Caz 12 - I am a Brit

Deafdyke - I had thiought of that too, I am looking at BSL (British Sign Language) and maybe a riole using that.

Bebonang - I teach 16 year olds who are excluded from school. under court orders or in custody. Yep I have beemn seeing te Audiologist for a few years and just got my latest (4th) set of aids. Thanks for the guidance, I really appreaciate the welcome.

Jaime, eek you teach kids who are basically juvvies? That must be extremely challenging.

fellow brit great...where are you from,i suffolk.(what in gods name i did to live here i dont know)
you do tough work

Hi, I live in East Sussex. I love my job but alas its going to have to change. Got my first 'intro' BSL lesson this weekend. Hopefully the start of good things.

Hi, I live in East Sussex. I love my job but alas its going to have to change. Got my first 'intro' BSL lesson this weekend. Hopefully the start of good things.

Hi, I'm from Portsmouth and I'm new to this site, I also would like to learn British sign language.

I've been practicing using the Internet and videos and pics and I'm taking a lot in but I think using something like Skype to video chat with people would make it a lot easier to learn.

Do you know anyone that could help me with this????

Back