Just curious....

T

Toonces

...How many of you actually see a dog "grin"? I have a friend whose dog actually grins whenever he saw me coming to visit them. (He is very friendly, by the way!) It was really funny and surprising the way he would bare his teeth and wriggle his tail happily. :D

yea i have... i used to have a dog which is a sheltie.. whenever i walked home from school she would be sitting by my bedroom window where i alway walk pass to front door.. she would "grin" just before she barks and ran straight to door lol and often we would play... she alway "grin" just before we started to play and pretend to growl.. i can see the difference between that and the grin.. growl like her upper lips up showing teeth and grin was more like panting but not tongue out to actual panting :)

my dog grins HARD if i stratch him on between neck and shoulders.

My friend's dog grins from time to time. We haven't figured out a reason yet. :dunno:

Oh yeah...I see my guys smile all the time. :)

BaileySmile.jpg

Especially Bailey. (giggle) He just has the BIGGEST grin!

ONe of my dog Lincoln used to smile everytime i come home from work, store etc etc...

Shawnee used to smile half smile everytime she see me come home from school, work, visiting etc...

Wendy *miss seeing pet with teethy smiles*

JanEllenBall said:

BaileySmile.jpg

Yeah, he sure has a big grin! And handsome, too! :D

Our dog, Angel, does grin (she grins big that shows all of her teeth) whenever shes excited or happy (thats when we come in the house from somewhere) SOO CUTE!

JanEllenBall said:

BaileySmile.jpg

:lol: beautiful dog ;) my former husky used to grin too.. even while he was asleep ..eh silly

Thanks for the compliments on my little Bailey Boy, everyone. He's the one who had been abused that we adopted and worked with to overcome his "issues". He's "all smiles" now, as you can see. (giggle) He's just super spoiled. All of my furkids and my feathered baby are...of course...THEY don't know it...they think this is normal now...ROFL!

black lab

I used to have a black lab that would grin at me by baring her teeth when I got home from somewhere, knew she was grinning because her tail was wagging so hard that ther butt was wiggling. My nickname for that blacklab: Wigglebutt.

I finally caught my dog, Angel, grinning with a camera! There ya go... :)

Attachments

• 100_0089c.JPG
    100_0089c.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 16
I love the way dogs grins, I have seen alot of pets who were on Animal Cops that saves Animals, heal animals back to normal and give them up for adoption they always seems to grins, that means they are happy that they got a second chance at life. ;)

Roam4Life said:
Cheri, You got that totally right! We adopted Angel from Humane Society. ;)

You did? awwww That is so sweet of you. What happened to Angel before?

Damn, my dog never grin. I don't know why.

Cheri said:
You did? awwww That is so sweet of you. What happened to Angel before?

Yep. Our 3 animals were given a second chance at life by us. My guy and I were looking around at Humane just right after Valentine's 2004. He really wanted a dog. We came across this Rott. (myself, I never liked rotties very much because I've always known them as a mean dog.) but my guy has this soft spot for rotties and he just loves them. Angel was just all curled up in one spot and wouldn't move. I finally realized that something is up with this dog. I am an animal lover so I decide to see what is up with this dog. I was told that she was found as stray in the city. My guy called her and she just barely crawled up to him and was so scared. So we asked to take her outside and see how she approach the outside world. She did well on leash so we decide to take her. She just jumped right into our camaro and sat down. From there, we found her the best dog ever. She knew sign language right away (sit and lay). We take her everywhere we go and she just stay in the box of the truck (actually she likes to sit on the toolbox). There is so much to say about her but all I can say that she is very lucky to have this second chance at life. Not only that she is lucky but we are VERY lucky to have her. I guess that is why she always grin all the times. :)

Back