Just curious....

GenghisJohn

Reaction score
I see all sorts of tutorials and things online that teach ASL, my favourite one so far is Lifeprint with Dr. Bill Vickars.

When I search for Deaf communities online or Deaf websites, Alldeaf is always one of the first to pop up. I'm curious if people here would want to make their own videos. A handful of instructors could make some videos and follow a curriculum and teach proper ASL like in a school setting perhaps.

I think it would be very useful for those of us who can't afford ASL classes or never got a chance to go to a Deaf school. We could have sort of a classroom portion of the site.

I was wondering what would the pros and cons be. Why would or wouldn't this be a good idea.

thoughts?

Interesting, can you give some examples?? here on forum are pretty a lot of Late deaf or learn ASL at a much later rather than a few native ASL users here.

how does it work with what you just mentioned??

Well, I would think that we would need to talk to some people who went to a Deaf school and ask them some questions and then, people here could volunteer to do a few things, maybe a list of 10 signs to work on vocabulary, some grammar and sentence structure, explanations etc...

Then we could have the ones who are learning to form sentences or do signs and get evaluated and people who are fluent in ASL can tell them "yes that's perfect" or "well, it's good but..." and help tweak the signs.

Personally I think it'd be a good community thing that would benefit everyone involved. CDs could be made and sold and the money could be used for the site or perhaps donated to different organizations or schools etc...

It sounds too good. It would be diffifcult for some of us who have life out there. its hard to do between online and out in reality. But Lets hope someone whos willing to do it.

Back