Just an observation

me_punctured

Reaction score
I'd like to introduce myself to the alldeaf.com forum by asking you a question: why is the members list clogged with registered users who have made zero posts?

One can clear away the debris by deactivating old accounts of those who have not made a contribution to the forum. The most obvious benefit of accomplishing such a task would greatly lighten the burden of browsing through the members list letter by letter, unless the said accounts are exclusively used to send private messages.

Hi, my name is me_punctured. That's not my real given name, but it is a constructed identity I shall establish to make my presence known in one of the many social spheres of the vast cyberspace. Charming to meet you lovely human beings. Bye.

me_punctured said:
I'd like to introduce myself to the alldeaf.com forum by asking you a question: why is the members list clogged with registered users who have made zero posts?

One can clear away the debris by deactivating old accounts of those who have not made a contribution to the forum. The most obvious benefit of accomplishing such a task would greatly lighten the burden of browsing through the members list letter by letter, unless the said accounts are exclusively used to send private messages.

Hi, my name is me_punctured. That's not my real given name, but it is a constructed identity I shall establish to make my presence known in one of the many social spheres of the vast cyberspace. Charming to meet you lovely human beings. Bye.

Nice meeting you too. Ummm, as an outsider, what do you think of the human race?

Since our writings are creations of the social and environmental reality surrouding us, we bear no authorship. Thereby, when you communicate with us, you are interacting not with humans, but instead, with the egos of fine-minded academics. ;)

So from one nifty construct to another, greetings!

Tousi said:
Nice meeting you too. Ummm, as an outsider, what do you think of the human race?

Excellent question, Tousi. I find the human race to be a guaranteed lifelong subject for my research purposes. I may be here for the entire duration of my lifespan as there is no limit to the discovery of what ticks off people. :lol:

May I inquire about the origins of your unconventional name?

Endymion said:
Since our writings are creations of the social and environmental reality surrouding us, we bear no authorship. Thereby, when you communicate with us, you are interacting not with humans, but instead, with the egos of fine-minded academics. ;)

So from one nifty construct to another, greetings!

Thank you for your welcome! Did you read Roland Barthes' The Death of the Author? I had not realized that I was communicating with the egos of fine-minded academics, as I was operating under the assumption that the laity did not identify with the academia.

Is that an Armani suit in your avatar? Have you gained weight?

me_punctured said:
Excellent question, Tousi. I find the human race to be a guaranteed lifelong subject for my research purposes. I may be here for the entire duration of my lifespan as there is no limit to the discovery of what ticks off people. :lol:

Haha, that was funny and not without a lil truth to it!

May I inquire about the origins of your unconventional name?

My last name is french; Tousignant, Tousi for short so.....not terribly unconventional, eh bein?

Hello,

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here ....;)

me_punctured said:
Thank you for your welcome! Did you read Roland Barthes' The Death of the Author? I had not realized that I was communicating with the egos of fine-minded academics, as I was operating under the assumption that the laity did not identify with the academia.

Is that an Armani suit in your avatar? Have you gained weight?

Why, yes it is indeed an Armani suit. A quite liberal choice for the work I'm interested in, but I think you know my personality anyway. And yes I have, all tens of muscle, surely as Patroclus survived Hector and as surely as Dido of Carthage got over Aeneas.

And we economists think Roland Barthes should be factored into the Solow Growth Model. Maybe some Foucault with a touch of Sacher-Masoch. Now THAT'LL make Economics fun! Can you imagine Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory taught with Venus in Furs?

Oooh. I'm going to go have me a cold shower now . . .

Tousi said:
My last name is french; Tousignant, Tousi for short so.....not terribly unconventional, eh bein?

Monsieur Tousignant, pleasure to make your acquaintance. ;)

Tousi said:

Bonjour, Monsieur Tousignant. Comment-allez vous? Your name is rather unconventional compared to the majority of the names found in this forum. Do you not disagree with me? Also, truncating your surname does not result in unwanted consequences, as it does with my surname. If one chops it up, it automatically becomes a dirty joke. At least my surname isn't bland.

My French-speaking friends like to tease me with this: ou es [insert my given name here] oui, c'est [same] ou!

me_punctured said:
My French-speaking friends like to tease me with this: ou es [insert my given name here] oui, c'est [same] ou!

A philosophical and lexical query: Are French people not as likely to mistakenly spell certain words as a garden tool?

I'd put ten bucks on "yes."

Back