Joined yesterday; glad I found this site!

lostintexas

Reaction score
Hi - thanks very much for being here. Been looking around & decided to join. BTW, my handle is because I landed in Texas by accident, not really lost. Just a bit mis-placed.

Look forward to reading more posts. Maybe even do some posting myself.

Asking in advance for patience, as I don't know the correct etiquette for some info.

Best regards, Suzie

Welcome aboard...Hope u do NOT get lost here :)

Hello,

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay here! ;)

Herzlich Willkommen zu AD.

Come and share your posts here with us.

welcome aboard!! :wave: are you still lost?? need some help getting around in this forum?? :giggle:

:wave: ty, ty , ty.
General info:
I am a hearing woman in mid-40's. Learned to sign as a child (neighbors were deaf). I've had a pretty broad range of experiences.

Landed here in Texas unplanned about seven mo's. ago & making the best of it - bit of a story there. Changing careers & read an article in the San Antonio Express-News dated 1/16/05 mainly about Deaf Interprative Services.

Call me stupid, but I had no idea there was such a shortage :-o :o (signing was something I took for granted, about as natural as breathing). Without being involved with any deaf/HOH folks as an adult, I had assumed that technology pretty much took care of the need (web-cams, speech recognition, etc..). Bet all you guys wish that were the case <vbg>.

Soo, looking into classes for certification. I've been out of the loop for a while and am looking to brush up on my skills. Like all of us humans, speaking one's mind is a lot easier than listening, so my reading of sign isn't all that swift.

I work nights & having a hard time adjusting to the schedule. Come home exhausted & zonked, so posting will be occasional (playing hookey today). If anyone sends me a pm, please be patient with a response.

Very glad to be here. Thanks to all who gave me a welcome.

Back