Joined the Gym

I'm impressed, but take it one step at a time. This is a long road before work again. I wouldn't do the squats. I'd ask a personal trainer about the the back and incorporate exercises that work around your sensitive areas.

You may relieve some pain by just losing the weight. But be realistic, no amount of exercise can get rid of a nerve resting on your spine, if that is the issue. Having said that, the goal should still total recovery since nobody can say how your body is going to react. I do believe in miracles when it comes to exercise. The human body is an amazing thing.

Worked out at the gym again Thursday night and Friday night, and I am sore. Basically triceps, hit hard and heavy on the arms/chest and a little on the back to strengthen up more. My buddy wants to go again today, not sure if Im going..if I do its gonna be legs as I can hardly move my arms...lol

We go to the gym now, too. Treadmill, light lifting just for tone and a bit of racquetball afterwards.

We go to the gym now, too. Treadmill, light lifting just for tone and a bit of racquetball afterwards.

I love racquetteball, I love playing it, awesome.... But now Im afraid to even attemt a game, fast movements and exertions and impacts hurt like hell. I mean, it will literally drop me on the spot. Sneezing is a chore..lol

I love racquetteball, I love playing it, awesome.... But now Im afraid to even attemt a game, fast movements and exertions and impacts hurt like hell. I mean, it will literally drop me on the spot. Sneezing is a chore..lol

Awww, that's tough.....when I was younger, I used to play hand ball bare-handed. My hands would be numb at the end of a session. :lol:

My new gym has a stepper machine. First time I have tried one. Man I love it. Really gets the heart rate up . I do this after my weight workout to burn fat faster.

My new gym has a stepper machine. First time I have tried one. Man I love it. Really gets the heart rate up . I do this after my weight workout to burn fat faster.

Never eat before the gym, burn bodyfat rather than food in your stomache. Cardio before workout to get heartrate up to burn more calories, drink lots of water, workout, then slow cardio to wind down/cool off.

I love the jakobs ladder, we have a stair stepper thats more like a mall esculator and it will kick your butt, better than the steppers.

Never eat before the gym, burn bodyfat rather than food in your stomache. Cardio before workout to get heartrate up to burn more calories, drink lots of water, workout, then slow cardio to wind down/cool off.

I love the jakobs ladder, we have a stair stepper thats more like a mall esculator and it will kick your butt, better than the steppers.

One hour before, if you workout during the day.

The best thing to do is cardio when you get up in the morning, 20% more effective. You can grab a bottle of water to take with you too.

I did this a lot before I got down to weight. Once you are down to weight, you don't need as much to maintain that current weight.

One hour before, if you workout during the day.

The best thing to do is cardio when you get up in the morning, 20% more effective. You can grab a bottle of water to take with you too.

I did this a lot before I got down to weight. Once you are down to weight, you don't need as much to maintain that current weight.

I used to run, I was skinny and I ran, I ran here and I ran there, I ran everywhere...lol
I played amature indoor soccer, I played Football, fuzzball...
I was an active fellow and Id give a left, no... a right, no.... both to run again, I loved the freedom. Id put on my big ghetto tape player and run, now Id have this thin lightweight MP3 player, and Id love to just run again. Not sure how many miles I used to run but Id just go in the early afternoon and return early evening or sometimes later, I would have to say at minimum 20 miles. I was always told to do cross country but never pursued it. I could run for hours at a time.

I used to be a runner also. For me it was the best and quickest way to exercise. Played racquet ball twice a week, bowled in a league, tennis for fun, coached soccer and softball. Those were the fun days. Now if I can walk without pain that will be a good day.

I dream about myself running with no effort all the time. I miss my old healthy self a lot.

I used to be a runner also. For me it was the best and quickest way to exercise. Played racquet ball twice a week, bowled in a league, tennis for fun, coached soccer and softball. Those were the fun days. Now if I can walk without pain that will be a good day.

I dream about myself running with no effort all the time. I miss my old healthy self a lot.

I was a city boy, born and raised... I lived in a decent area till everyone started moving and then deadbeat landlords bought renting to anyone (drug dealers, ect,,,) so i grew up as a hardass since I didnt take shit off anyone and they thought I was crazy. I was a small guy.
My best friend, still to this day over 35 years of friendship, He is 6'3" and all of 275 pounds, we boxed. I was the only one he could spar with, not just because, but because I could take a hit and deal it right back to him, and he was a hard hitter. He lived in a nice complex with an all glass racquetteball court, we would wait til late when everyone was done then step in and box, others in the complex caught wind of it and started to gather round and watch which was cool. And this was a place where rent was $1700 monthly...lol
We rode our Harleys, built street rods and in general had a great friendship and shared alot of intrests. I will start another thread with the cars we built, dont have all but most pictures we built out of my garage, and a few of my own. Took a few to the tracks as well. he went into the airforce and I tried for the army but due to my hearing I was rejected.

Back