Joey's Cancer Surgery

Bottesini

Old Deaf Ranter
Premium Member
Reaction score
2drf7zd.jpg

Here is Joey at the veterinarian , as we were picking him up from his surgery.

The vet said his cancer is lymphoma, which is not the worst kind of cancer to have if you have to have cancer.

She said she got the tumor out easier than she thought, and if no cells migrated he could be ok.

In a worst case scenario, six to eight months life if it did spread.

Positive thinking here now!

how did you catch it earlier? it would be helpful for us to understand better.

You know. We really hope Joey will be fine after that recovery. I've heard of lymphoma before because it was used for my Science teacher's pet in middle school. She said her dog was very okay after recovery. I hope same happen to Joey, too!

Joey will be fine :)

how did you catch it earlier? it would be helpful for us to understand better.

I just noticed this fatty lump on his arm when I was holding him. My RN daughter looked at it and said she thought it was a cancer, but it seemed like it wasn't attached to the bone.

So she said it was important to take him to the vet right away to get a biopsy to find out.

The vet just scheduled him for surgery, and we got the first available date. It was a 5 to 8 centimeter tumor so it wasn't tiny. Maybe it had been there and I just didn't notice earlier.

His last vet appointment had been in September, so I don't think he had it then.

Glad it went well....let's hope there is no other cancerous cells anywhere else.

28003tk.jpg

Recovery, day one. He is limping badly, but he ate breakfast and went out for his morning walk. :)

So far he didn't drink any water, but hopefully there's enough in his food for now.

28003tk.jpg

Recovery, day one. He is limping badly, but he ate breakfast and went out for his morning walk. :)

So far he didn't drink any water, but hopefully there's enough in his food for now.

thank you for filling in with us. I better check all of my kitties body to see if any bumps or so.

Hope he will get so thirsty eventually today!

thank you for filling in with us. I better check all of my kitties body to see if any bumps or so.

Hope he will get so thirsty eventually today!

He drank a little water, and my daughter is here, and she tried to give his stuffed bee toy to the other dog, and he started struggling to stand up to go get it.

So I take that as a positive sign that he is feeling a little better if he cares about his possessions. :)

Glad he's doing better. He's a cutey. Poor little guy in his cone. Sending lots of positive thoughts to Joey.

Thank you for the update, very happy to hear this news.

Sending you and Joey best wishes.

I'm glad that Joey made it thru his surgery OK, and is on the road to recovery. Hopefully, he won't have to wear "the cone of shame" too much longer. :)

I'm glad that Joey made it thru his surgery OK, and is on the road to recovery. Hopefully, he won't have to wear "the cone of shame" too much longer. :)

:lol: He is supposed to wear it for ten days until his stitches come out.

Right now we took it off as he is a very good boy. We plan to put it on at night when we can't watch him.

I don't think he will try to chew his stitches but I can see the sense in it at nighttime.

:lol: He is supposed to wear it for ten days until his stitches come out.

Right now we took it off as he is a very good boy. We plan to put it on at night when we can't watch him.

I don't think he will try to chew his stitches but I can see the sense in it at nighttime.
When my daughter's Aussie, a female, had to wear her cone, my daughter put decorative stickers on it. I don't know if it helped the patient feel any better but the cone looked more fashionable. :lol:

Glad Joey is doing well. If you want to give him more water try moist foods or add water to dry food to make a gravy.

28003tk.jpg

Can you add some water to his food?

Back