Joe Gibbs

hyperSONICized

Reaction score
What do you guys think about Joe Gibbs's first appearance as a coach in long time? Personality I think he did great job tonight coaching aganist denver broncos for nfc vs afc hall of fame game. I'm definitely looking foward for the great season from 'skins!!!

and I MISSED the game!!! :shock: :(

<---- lifelong 'Skins fan!!! after all i grew up in the DC metro area :lol: i knew that Gibbs would get the team back on track and pretty much pick up where he left off years ago when he decided to retire

I never like Joe Gibbs. I watched preseason football last night.. whoa it was so hot and good game.

JOe Gibbs did a great job last night he knew this was early on and is very criticizing of his team all he wants to see is where they need to start off and ofc there was alot of errors in the game but it was the game that brought him back to the heart of football and i think what he did was extrodinary and i know one thing joe's gonna take them back to the superbowl I HOPE this yr but if not deffy next yr :)

they won 19 -17 against the broncos! with a feild goal kick in the last 4 seconds of the game

hyperSONICized said:
Don't u mean, they won it 20-17 ;)

yes i typed 19 even thou i was thinking the 20 for some reason sorry abt that, :) but yah still they did a great job :) :slap: me ! :)

Fly Free said:

<---- lifelong 'Skins fan!!! after all i grew up in the DC metro area :lol: i knew that Gibbs would get the team back on track and pretty much pick up where he left off years ago when he decided to retire

Awww ur fave team beat my hometown team. Glad u missed it. :P

Lasza said:
Awww ur fave team beat my hometown team. Glad u missed it. :P

:lol: yes i did miss it unfortunately! :(

im gonna try and catch the games when theyre scheduled -- FOR SURE am going to watch the pre-season game against the Rams on the 27th! :lol: MizzDeaf and i have a bet going hehe :twisted:

It is such a nice thing to see Joe Gibbs back with the Washington Redskins. I don't think he will be the same guy who used to coach the Redskins in the old days! Maybe, he will be able to get the team around but not as good as it was once.

The owner of Atlanta Falcons, Arthur Blank (Home Depot co-founder) did ask Gibbs (his good friend) to come out of retirement to coach the Falcons but Gibbs declined and decided again to take the opportunity to coach the team he loved so much. We have Jim Mora Jr. as the Falcons coach. Both of the Falcons and Redskins should be something interesting to watch this year.

I doubt they will be in the playoffs this year, they have new players and it takes time to gel but next year they will definity be in the playoffs. It was a good game, I knew the Redskins would win and Sean Taylor is a beast! (The one who had 2 inceptions, 1 returned for a touchdown). I can't for the next game tomorrow (Not sure who's playing though).

Fly Free said:

<------ lifelong 'Skins fan also!

Fly,

I also grew up in the Washington metro area. I was born in DC and raised in Maryland, and have been a 'Skins fan since the age of 10! Needless to say, I was ecstatic about Gibbs' return as the head coach. :)

I was able to watch the game, and it was good. A lot closer than I'd like it to be, but eh, a wins a win, right? LOL

Oceanbreeze said:
<------ lifelong 'Skins fan also!

Fly,

I also grew up in the Washington metro area. I was born in DC and raised in Maryland, and have been a 'Skins fan since the age of 10! Needless to say, I was ecstatic about Gibbs' return as the head coach. :)

I was able to watch the game, and it was good. A lot closer than I'd like it to be, but eh, a wins a win, right? LOL

ahhh thats kewl!! i didnt know u grew up in the DC area as well! :thumb: which county did u live in may i ask qq i grew up mainly in Montgomery County with a 4 year "stint" in Calvert County (sowwy for derailing this thread momentarily LOL)

as for being ecstatic -- ME TOO!!!!!!! when i got word that Gibbs was returning to the team i was JUMPING in joy!!!

Fly Free said:
ahhh thats kewl!! i didnt know u grew up in the DC area as well! :thumb: which county did u live in may i ask qq i grew up mainly in Montgomery County with a 4 year "stint" in Calvert County (sowwy for derailing this thread momentarily LOL)

as for being ecstatic -- ME TOO!!!!!!! when i got word that Gibbs was returning to the team i was JUMPING in joy!!!

I actually grew up in PG Co. Then, we moved to the Eastern Shore in the mid '90s. I've lived in S. FL since 1998, though. (And, yes, we're under the gun here with "Charley", so this might be last post for a couple days. )

But, about the Skins ....I so HOPE that Gibbs can make a difference for the team, because, I really would LOVE to see them start winning again. It seems we haven't had a decent team or coach since Gibbs left twelve years ago, so we're about due for a winning season, doncha think?! LOL

Oceanbreeze said:
I actually grew up in PG Co. Then, we moved to the Eastern Shore in the mid '90s. I've lived in S. FL since 1998, though. (And, yes, we're under the gun here with "Charley", so this might be last post for a couple days. )

But, about the Skins ....I so HOPE that Gibbs can make a difference for the team, because, I really would LOVE to see them start winning again. It seems we haven't had a decent team or coach since Gibbs left twelve years ago, so we're about due for a winning season, doncha think?! LOL

ahh PG County kewlies! *puts the thread back in its rightful topic*

YES i agree i HOPE Gibbs get the team winning again -- the team just went down in the dumps after Gibbs retired 12 years ago and with successive coaches that just seemed to get worse! :o

i got the 'Skins schedule for this season -- if u wanna know the schedule u can find them here at www.redskins.com if u are not aware of their homepage :)

Fly Free said:
ahh PG County kewlies! *puts the thread back in its rightful topic*

YES i agree i HOPE Gibbs get the team winning again -- the team just went down in the dumps after Gibbs retired 12 years ago and with successive coaches that just seemed to get worse! :o

i got the 'Skins schedule for this season -- if u wanna know the schedule u can find them here at www.redskins.com if u are not aware of their homepage :)

Thank you! I actually have a copy of the schedule already, but I am always looking for other sites, and didn't know of that, so thanks! :) And, I'll be online for as long as I'm able. We're still under the gun here with "Charley", but I'll be postin' until we lose our power. :)

Oceanbreeze -- not a problem! glad u have ur copy of the game schedule! :thumb:

do take care of urself with the immenent arrival of Charley and Bonnie (if the name of the 2nd is accurate qq i seem to recall it being named Bonnie) *derailing thread* :shock: ill shaddup! :D

Back