Joe G. has passed away on Saturday, July 29th, 2006

Irishmom0523

Reaction score
Please pray for those who have lost a friend, a father, grandfather and a great person with great heart. :cry:

Joseph G. Galoardi Jr.
Joseph G. Galoardi, Jr. Joseph G. Galoardi, Jr., 120 Honeybrook Cir., Girard, passed away to meet his Heavenly Father on Saturday, July 29, 2006. Joe passed away at St. Vincent’s Health Center, where he had been a patient since June 20, 2006. He was a member of the Fellowship Church. He was born on April 12, 1944 in Wilkes Barre, Pa., the son of the late, Joseph and Marion Clause Galoardi, Sr. Joe attended Wilkes Barre Area Public Elementary School, and in 1962 was a member of the first graduating class of the PA Oral School for the Deaf in Scranton, Pa. He also attended and graduated from the PA Rehabilitation Center in Johnstown, Pa. in 1965, where he met his wife, the former Delores Ann Brandt of Fredonia, Pa. Before his retirement, PHB Die Cast employed him for 25 years. Joe will be remembered not only for his smile and jovial ways but also for his kindness and willingness to help those in need. He was a strong advocate for the deaf and hearing impaired of Western PA, serving as a President of the PA State Association of the Deaf, and also as a President and Treasurer of the Erie Silent Club. Due to his efforts, the TTY system was installed in the police and fire department of Erie for which he was awarded recognition from the former Mayor Tullio and Erie Fire and Police Chiefs. He worked as an interpreter for the deaf community and assisted several physicians in their care of patients. He most recently worked as a videophone installer, which is a new means of communication for the deaf. The greatest joy in his life was his family and helping those in need. Survivors include his wife, Delores; one son, Roger C. Galoardi and Carolyn Young of Cranesville; one daughter, Robin Lee Smith, and her husband, Richard, of Millcreek; two sisters, Joanie and her husband, Morris (Butch) Tosh, Wilkes Barre, and Georgeann and her husband, Joe Smith, of Wilkes Barre; a brother, Frank Galoardi and his wife, Judy, Pittston, Pa.; four grandchildren, Roseanna, Richard, Ronald Smith and Chris Ayres; two great-grandchildren; several nieces and nephews; along with great nieces and nephews also survive him. An infant sister, Marilyn, preceded him in death. Services and calling hours will be held at the Dusckas-Martin Funeral Home, Inc., 4216 Sterrettania Rd., on Monday and Tuesday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. The funeral service will be held on Wednesday, at the funeral home at 10 a.m. Interment Laurel Hill Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to the family in care of the funeral home. Sign the guestbook at www.GoErie.com/obits.
Published in the Erie Times-News from 7/30/2006 - 8/1/2006.
Guest Book • Flowers • Gift Shop

Joe is the one who installed my VP-100 and he was a very nice man then about 1 or 2 months later. He died. It was too sudden and I mourned for him as he was a very good man. I did not know him at all that well, it was only for one day but he was always so happy and always at peace when he came to install my VP-100 and we talked for a while then he had to leave to go home as he had a very long drive home. It was very clear to me that this was a very good man. I left a note in the funeral guestbook for him way before any of you knew about him as I thought this was only for Pennsylvania but I guess he was known to much more people that loved him as well as those who met him one or two times and I can honestly tell you he was a very nice man and somebody you would want to have for a good friend. My condolences and prayers go to the Galoardi family. God Bless :angel:

Back