Job Scam?

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
There's someone who's going around saying that he's deaf and offering people money to work from home and cash checks for him. He says he's from Shell Company.

1. People will mail you checks.
2. You cash those checks.
3. You keep $850 for yourself.
4. Write a check and send him the rest.

That's what he's asking for people to do. When I asked him for his full name, address, and phone number... so I could contact Shell Company and confirm this. He stop talking and hasn't said a thing since.

So, this is for you other members out there to be careful of what this guy is doing... which is probably illegal.

Thanks for head up. Isn't Shell a gas company? It wld be nice if they give away free gas than money lol.

Thanks for head up. Isn't Shell a gas company? It wld be nice if they give away free gas than money lol.
Yeah, it's a gas company.

He said he worked for Shell and was looking for more deaf people to work for him by cashing checks for him.

I asked him why couldn't he do it himself, he said that he gets too many checks.

I'm sitting here thinking... "what the hell do checks have to do with Shell Company?" So, I asked him. He kept avoiding the question. Finally, I asked him for his name and address... he disappeared. Heh!

Simply a scammer!!! no reputable gas company would do this!!!!!!!!! they have enough debts or trying to get gas than blowing money like this!!! this is just a way to get your identification and banking info...

All you gotta do is if to see if he's wearing a security badge with his name, catch his name and company then call the head office to report this then they will call cops !!! to save the company reputation.!!!

Simply a scammer!!! no reputable gas company would do this!!!!!!!!! they have enough debts or trying to get gas than blowing money like this!!! this is just a way to get your identification and banking info...

All you gotta do is if to see if he's wearing a security badge with his name, catch his name and company then call the head office to report this then they will call cops !!! to save the company reputation.!!!
How? We will never see him in person.

IT IS A SCAM... I wish you did get the name of person and addresses before he disappeared...

I tried one of those things. I got a check to see what it looks like. Its clearly a fake. I kept it not only because its a fake and I'd get busted big time for cashing it, but, it had a name, the former Treasurer of California Association of the Deaf, on it. The moment I saw his name on the check it instantly smelled like a big dead fish. The instructions I got were to cash it and give the money to that person named on the check.

It's so funny that the sender of the check didnt think I knew the person I was to give the money to.

When I get into the office I'll show you the check I got.

Richard

Heh!

The check came from Cincinnati, Ohio.

Richard

Attachments

• Picture 59.jpg
    Picture 59.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 34
  • Picture 60.jpg
    Picture 60.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 43
UPDATE:

There's another scam going on... OPC!

OPC is Oriental Petrochemicals Company.

While the company is real, the offer is not.

Someone is IMing people in AllDeaf trying to be friends with them, asking if they're deaf, anything to make them seem friendly and deaf as well.

They eventually ask members if they would be interested in a job where they could work at home. All they have to do is process checks.

Well, these people are likely to be operating this scam from Nigeria... as usual.

If you feel that someone IMed you and is trying to scam you, don't take the risk... or just be careful.

Remember, a good job is FREE and does not require you to make money. A bad job is NOT FREE and requires you to pay a fee in order to make money.

UPDATE:

There's another scam going on... OPC!

OPC is Oriental Petrochemicals Company.

While the company is real, the offer is not.

Someone is IMing people in AllDeaf trying to be friends with them, asking if they're deaf, anything to make them seem friendly and deaf as well.

They eventually ask members if they would be interested in a job where they could work at home. All they have to do is process checks.

Well, these people are likely to be operating this scam from Nigeria... as usual.

If you feel that someone IMed you and is trying to scam you, don't take the risk... or just be careful.

Remember, a good job is FREE and does not require you to make money. A bad job is NOT FREE and requires you to pay a fee in order to make money.

If you'd rather not be disturb by anyone except the people on your aim list... simply press F7 on your aim list and go to Privacy button and click on 'Allow only users on my buddy list' :o

There are hundred, if thousands of scammers are out there! They would do anything to scam poor sucker victims no matter what, I have seen and heard plenty already. THis applies to all pyramid scheme as well! Now what happened to those so called Club*Freedom, C*DT, etc? Same thing, isn't it?

DHB

If you'd rather not be disturb by anyone except the people on your aim list... simply press F7 on your aim list and go to Privacy button and click on 'Allow only users on my buddy list' :o
What if a long lost friend was looking for you and finally found you here in AllDeaf or MySpace? It would be a pity if they couldn't IM you. :(

As for AIM, I'm using Trillian.

Either way, it's a lot better to just ignore them than to say something. ;)

What if a long lost friend was looking for you and finally found you here in AllDeaf or MySpace? It would be a pity if they couldn't IM you. :(

Either way, it's a lot better to just ignore them than to say something. ;)
AllDeaf: they could PM me!
Not a member on MySpace yet but my parnter is... Alldeaf have been stealing my attention lately so when I get alot of free time then I'll sign up for MySpace... I use sidekick a lot and it's very annoying with one person keep IMing me to the point where I got fed up... I don't recall you trying to PM or IM me :lol: or did you? :shock:

AllDeaf: they could PM me!
Not a member on MySpace yet but my parnter is... Alldeaf have been stealing my attention lately so when I get alot of free time then I'll sign up for MySpace... I use sidekick a lot and it's very annoying with one person keep IMing me to the point where I got fed up... I don't recall you trying to PM or IM me :lol: or did you? :shock:
No... but I might IM you some day. ;)

I never block people. I might have blocked a couple of assholes in the past during the mid-90s, but I eventually learned that blocking them won't do any good... while trying to remain open for anyone.

I'm not the kind of person who goes, "You want to talk to me? You have to be on my 'People Who Can Talk To Me' list... or be my friend."" ;)

With spammers, I could block one person... but if I block them, some other spammer will bother me. With Trillian, I can leave my AIM on away at all times and simply ignore them. ;)

Back