Job lost

dogmom

Reaction score
I am :( - husband lost his job! He has been getting contract work only through a search firm and this second time a company ended a contract - one time, a company just cancelled it in middle, surprise everyone; this time, the company ended it less abruptly but still.....he has been looking really hard. He applied for 7 jobs tonight! We are very worried.........

I am :( - husband lost his job! He has been getting contract work only through a search firm and this second time a company ended a contract - one time, a company just cancelled it in middle, surprise everyone; this time, the company ended it less abruptly but still.....he has been looking really hard. He applied for 7 jobs tonight! We are very worried.........

Ouch. I'm sorry your husband had lost his job.

A lot of people have been affected by this grim economy, unfortunately. :(

I hope in soon time, your husband will be able to find a job.

I wish your husband luck in finding a new job. This economy sucks!

Sorry about your loss. My older daughter starts nursing school next month as she lost her job also.

i am sorry for your hubby's job loss. :(
hang in there and i am sure things will look up soon.

:ty: ALL!!! At least we have health insurance <individual> - when I broke my arm almost two years ago we had no health insurance -

Bott, my sympathies for you and your daughter too! Good Luck to her with the nursing school!

I know how you feel, my company closed back in January and I collected unemployment benefits for 4 weeks until I was able to get work as a substitute teacher and working part-time at Wal-Mart as a cashier. However, just because I found two jobs doesn't mean I have stopped looking for full-time work either. There are some jobs out there, your husband just may have to take two part-time jobs until he can get a full-time job again. And remember I think your husband will have a better chance of finding work if he's currently working somewhere, it shows a willingness to work.

yes, you're right about the part-time jobs, he has been looking into that and trying more manufacturing/technical work in general and at the same place where he was laid off prior to this most recent job loss <he had a job that he loved - maybe I posted on here that - and he was hired after being contractor for along time, then they started laying off people within a few weeks of his hire he was laid off>. It was a computer operations/programmer job, which is his training but other parts of the business involved more work with their machines and more technical stuff that he also loves. So, now job he just lost, that was new contract job he had just had for a month and he went back to the place he had loved and asked could he do anything there, maybe not what was before, but something, and they said they didn't have anything. I've been looking too.Very few part-time jobs to be had around that don't require prior experience in retail, sales, food service or office work, none of which I have <I did catering briefly in college but nothing traceable or provable on a resume>. I put in app. for doggie daycare at the place where I assist and teach and will check back on it-

:ty:again Dixie

Back