Job Help

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
I need seek for new low wage job, I just want make $8 per hrs... No fast food.

I'm think about Kohl, Bed & Bath Beyond or something.

try out anywhere, even a housekeeper at hotel!!!! or any stores that u wish for. go for it, don't stop looking.

Just woke up in the morning same like, 7am then getting ready and get your butt out of the house to looking for jobs and apply at ANYWHERE you want to until maybe stop by 3pm, that would be work :thumb:

And, even have to apply for fast food because you can't get the job that what you want, have to accept to getting what kind of job and it could give you best money for an hour, never know ;)

Sweetheart said:
Just woke up in the morning same like, 7am then getting ready and get your butt out of the house to looking for jobs and apply at ANYWHERE you want to until maybe stop by 3pm, that would be work :thumb:

And, even have to apply for fast food because you can't get the job that what you want, have to accept to getting what kind of job and it could give you best money for an hour, never know ;)

Did you woke up at 7 am then looking for job and apply it?

I just wait until after graduation then going to Lake Tahoe with friends for 1-2 weeks.

When I lived in ohio, fast food was like $9-something an hour. Depends on your area. Do you live near a Whole Foods market? Their lowest paid employees make $13-something an hour according to something I read about how Whole Foods is one of the best places to work.

TrippLA said:
Did you woke up at 7 am then looking for job and apply it?

I just wait until after graduation then going to Lake Tahoe with friends for 1-2 weeks.

Yeppers I did that when I lived in Michigan, I got five calls from five places which I applied 22 places in once in whole of day. That's good one...

But, it's up to you...

Sweetheart got best advice!!! If you want to hang around and have fun, trust me... nobody is gonna offer you job because you showing them you want to fool around than to "WANT TO WORK" Most employers look for "workaholic" character.

I know, I know, I know! I myself hate work for fast food. But let me tell you something... working at fast food really is best way to get into working world! I have done that and proved that these kind advice I have been ignoring indeedly WORKED!!! After years of unemployment and struggling. I finally accept my dad's advice to start work in fast food. I applied for dishwasher in Pizza hut... who wants this position??? OFC NOT ME! BUT, after taking this position. Ofc I was beated up BUT I kept looking for another job. Then one day I had good interview, this person asked me so many questions about working in Pizza hut EVEN though this company is machine shop!!! None of my dishwasher position have anything to do with the position I have applied. I told the interviewee that I need 2 weeks before I can start so that I can give stinking employer 2 weeks notice. Guess what? I got hired.

It is all about attitude! Like Sweetheart says get up 7 am and apply whatever til 3pm, this shows your potential employer that you WANT job, not just fool around!

Finally, remember you got hearing loss, that is one of biggest challenge you are gonna to face for rest of your life... Trust me.... you have to work harder to prove that hearing loss is nothing. Yup plenty of discrimination going on!!!

Hey TrippLA why don't you go apply for a job and work at
that same Harrad hotel in South Lake Tahoe !!?!?!
That's so awesome photo I am so obsessed
with that one !!!
:)

Yea, me too. I love Lake Tahoe! Been there once... Right before 9-11 And I don't mind living there as my retirement home.

Y said:
Hey TrippLA why don't you go apply for a job and work at
that same Harrad hotel in South Lake Tahoe !!?!?!
That's so awesome photo I am so obsessed
with that one !!!
:)

diehardbiker65 said:
Yea, me too. I love Lake Tahoe! Been there once... Right before 9-11 And I don't mind living there as my retirement home.

Yeah I would love that kind of retirement view :)

Hey I'm sure TrippLA will smile when he see
my posting here because we recently were
playing his "Guess City" game I cannot even
copy or img that photo.. strange... you MUST
click on it to see it.... I cannot use IMG here anyway.

Look at:
http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=544243&postcount=26

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5304/horizonhotell7ec.jpg

I figure that this would make sense for TrippLA to
go to Lake Tahoe with friends at the same time
apply at this beautiful Harrad hotel
just to KILL 2 birds with a stone :)

I Tried to include the photo here with IMG
without any success...

Also, it's easier to get a job if you already have one. Even if it is fast food. A potential employer is going to hesitate when they look at your employment history and you have a big gap of being unemployed. They would rather see you slave away at fast food than do nothing. It says something about work ethic. The longer someone is unemployed, the harder it is to get a job.

(I don't mean YOU specifically Trip, just in general)

WAHHHHHHH ya going to Lake Tahoe??? I wanna GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My favorite place to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun up there!

Ummm Not sure...just apply and see what happen.

Back