Joan Rivers rushed to hospital after she stops breathing during surgery

"We don't apologize for a joke. We are comics. We are here to make you laugh. If you don't get it, then don't watch us."

Wow! She was a real jerk , some people did not laugh at her jokes b/c they thought they where rude and insulting not b/c they didn't get them.

If you are gonna be a bitch don't even write in this thread! No one ask you for your options.

In a way, Joan is right..

If you don't like Jay Leno's joke.. Don't watch it.
Same can be said for David Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Fallon, etc.

Everyone has their opinions... It's that simple.

I did not watch Joan b/c I did not like her , it was not b/c I did not understand her jokes. That is my point she said if did not understand her jokes don't watch her and that was not the case with some people.
I like Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon .

Agreed.

I loved her sarcastic sense of humor. Grew up in a family with similar kind of humor. Fits my style. She could make me laugh so hard. RIP Joan.

Agreed.

I loved her sarcastic sense of humor. Grew up in a family with similar kind of humor. Fits my style. She could make me laugh so hard. RIP Joan.

"We are here to make you laugh. If you don't get it, then don't watch us."
JR said this and my point that is not why some people did not watch her.

They thought she was 'rude ' there is a big difference in thinking a joke is rude and not getting it . I really think is take very little talent to get up on stage and insult people.

"We are here to make you laugh. If you don't get it, then don't watch us."
JR said this and my point that is not why some people did not watch her.

They thought she was 'rude ' there is a big difference in thinking a joke is rude and not getting it . I really think is take very little talent to get up on stage and insult people.

I think that was the point

she never used racist or homophobic jokes...she was quick witted but her style never changed....she came from 1980/90 humour known to be selfish humour,you only need see Friends see that

I think that was the point

she never used racist or homophobic jokes...she was quick witted but her style never changed....she came from 1980/90 humour known to be selfish humour,you only need see Friends see that

I will be interested in seeing what outcome of the investigation is on the
clinic . This was my first concerned when I heard what happen. I hope to hell the clinic did not screw up , this would be horrible for her family .
Her husband committed suicide , she was going thinking of doing this too according to the link I posted .

5 Things You Never Knew About Joan Rivers - ABC News

She was Jewish , I wonder if her family will bury her today as Friday is Sabbath and we try to bury our love ones before Friday. She lived a full life and now she is at peace.

Her funereal is this Sunday. She predicted how she was going to die several years ago on Oprah, saying it would be while having something done to her face or neck. She also said she was addicted to cosmetic surgery and had had so many eye jobs she could no longer blink!

this awful of me but when I read it at the time about husband thought I would do it if married to her

Her funereal is this Sunday. She predicted how she was going to die several years ago on Oprah, saying it would be while having something done to her face or neck. She also said she was addicted to cosmetic surgery and had had so many eye jobs she could no longer blink!

I saw this on the news about her funeral being Sunday and she said she did not want a Rabbi . I know she was addicted to cosmetic surgery and that she joked about it. I am not sure I would say she predicted how she was going to die it sounded more like she knew how she was going to die.

The way I interpreted Caz's statement is that when Joan Rivers' husband committed suicide and she read about that, she thought to herself "I'd do that if I were married to Joan" (based on the idea that Joan allegedly is rude, mean etcetera).

I'm just the messenger and wouldn't surprise me if there ARE people who think that way and more about Joan. Me- I don't much care for her style of humor- some of it is funny and I do get her humor but just not my cup o'tea. I do admire her for helping to break down further the barriers of females in comedy.

The way I interpreted Caz's statement is that when Joan Rivers' husband committed suicide and she read about that, she thought to herself "I'd do that if I were married to Joan" (based on the idea that Joan allegedly is rude, mean etcetera).

I'm just the messenger and wouldn't surprise me if there ARE people who think that way and more about Joan. Me- I don't much care for her style of humor- some of it is funny and I do get her humor but just not my cup o'tea. I do admire her for helping to break down further the barriers of females in comedy.

You got all of that from Caz's statement ? I have to get stronger eyeglasses .

what I read was Joan was going to commit suicide then she thought she was stronger than that and changed her mind... I never thought any different that her comments that she changed her mind, never said anything out of contect that she would kill herself if she was with someone like herself??? wow, that was far fetched.

what I read was Joan was going to commit suicide then she thought she was stronger than that and changed her mind... I never thought any different that her comments that she changed her mind, never said anything out of contect that she would kill herself if she was with someone like herself??? wow, that was far fetched.

According to link I posted here she thought of committing suicide after her husband did and the dog sat on her gun and that stopped her

Back