Jeff from VT

city3f39

Reaction score
Hi. My name is Jeff. I am from northwestern Vermont. I was diagnosed with a bilateral 65 db deafness last year. I wear 2 Phonak Una BTE's. I am interested in meeting other partially or completely deaf people both here and near my home area.

Any questions, go a head and ask.

Thanks,
Jeff

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Hi. My name is Jeff. I am from northwestern Vermont. I was diagnosed with a bilateral 65 db deafness last year. I wear 2 Phonak Una BTE's. I am interested in meeting other partially or completely deaf people both here and near my home area.

Any questions, go a head and ask.

Thanks,
Jeff

welcome to AD and AleciaM used to wear Phonak Unas!!! I use Phonak for school though (FM system)

Welcome!!!! Where exactly in VT are you? I have family in Hartland. Contact Austine School for the Deaf (cut and paste isn't working grrrr) BUT, although they are for kids, they may know of HLAA style groups in VT. I wouldn't imagine VT has a lot to offer since it's very rural.

I did have phonak una's...how do you like them...I wasn't a fan seeing as I had them less than a year due to them not working for me anymore ..they don't have much room for growth or changes in hearing loss..too basic of an ha but hopefully they work for you!

I like my Phonak Una's. These are my first hearing aids, so I don't have anything to compare them to. I have had to have them reprogrammed a few times, to get things to sound better. I had to have the lower frequencies turned up, so I could hear the bass in music. The only thing I don't like is that I hear digital static in quick bursts when using my Blackberry with them on t-coil. I can't use the t-coil, so I need to find the right position to put the phone next to the mics to hear.

I got the transparent blue hearing aids. I started out with clear acryllic earmolds, but had a lot of background sounds getting by and causing interferance when I smiled or laughed, so my audio fitted me with soft earmolds that seal really well. Once I figure out how to insert photos here, I will post some pictures of them.

I am interested in seeing what others have for hearing aids, colors, earmolds, etc. Please post them.

Any other questions, please ask.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi Jeff, I'm in Addison County, Vt. I'm in my fifties and I'm hard of hearing. I just started ASL classes in the Burlington area and would love to find someone to practice with. How old are you? It seems that most on this site are quite young. I had tried several different types of hearing aids with poor results for over two years and too much money. Connecting with others who understand has been tough. Focusing on faces for semi-lip-reading, a pocketalker for certain situations, and the help of my service dog have all helped a bit, but it's definitely time to learn ASL! I'm certainly lost between the worlds...

Back