Japan quake again.

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
Northern Japan hit by magnitude 6.5 quake but no reports of damage.

Authorities issued a tsunami advisory Monday morning for coastal areas of Miyagi Prefecture in northeastern Japan after a quake struck the region at 7:24 a.m. The tsunami advisory was cancelled at 9:05 a.m.

Japan calls off tsunami advisory - CNN.com

Another one? Damn, I hope things don't from worst case scenario to doomsday for the Japanese. I feel bad for them. They've had a very rough start to the year.

Looks like Berkland was right about another "ring of fire? quake this week.....although off on location

"The 190,000-pound truck pump was moved off a job on the Savannah River on Wednesday and, two days later, was in Hanahan, South Carolina."
Yep, it was also on our local news. Hanahan is roughly the area between my home and the college where I work.

"The machines are now being retrofitted in North Charleston, S.C., and Sante Fe Springs, Calif. That will allow them to spray water instead of concrete on the nuclear reactors, said Kelly Blickle, a spokeswoman at Putzmeister America Inc. in Sturtevant, Wisc. The German firm manufactured the equipment.

Initially, the machines would be used to shoot water on the reactor, Blickle says.

But if a decision is made to encase a reactor in concrete - similar to a method used in the 1986 Chernobyl disaster - the machines would be capable of doing that as well, Blickle said."
http://www.abcnews4.com/Global/story.asp?S=14362585

Hanahan and North Charleston are practically the same place.

First, earthquakes...then tsunamis....now a volcano erupting? Hmmm...sounds like it's related event. Hmmm...

Doesn't anyone realize Japan lies on at least 3 tectonic plates? That says a lot. The Japaneses KNOW they'll have to face the possibility of having earthquakes basically every day. The nation is prone to earthquakes. In fact, Japan accounts 20% of world's earthquakes of 6.0 magnitude and greater. It becomes more like a regular thing for them, living through numerous earthquakes. 9.0 magnitude earthquake was something, but a tsunami was another story. More people was killed by tsunami than the earthquake itself.

You can't deny this because it's within the Pacific Ring of Fire. Inside the circle, anything is bound to happen any day, any time.

Stay strong, Japan.

Hi, I am Japanese deaf and created the donation video to support Japan

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWxIWua_C1g]YouTube - Japanese earthquake and Tsunami/ Donation information[/ame]

Back