Jan Humphrey's book "So You Want to be an Interpreter"

OpheliaSpeaks

Reaction score
Hey all,
I was accepted into an ITP (yay me!) ... the first one here in my city. I have to read the book "So You Want to be an Interpreter" (by Jan Humphrey). I have heard great things about it. I have seen a few different versions floating around online, including one with a CD-ROM study guide. For those who have read/used the CD-ROMs, what do you think?
Thanks for the feedback.

Hey all,
I was accepted into an ITP (yay me!) ... the first one here in my city. I have to read the book "So You Want to be an Interpreter" (by Jan Humphrey). I have heard great things about it. I have seen a few different versions floating around online, including one with a CD-ROM study guide. For those who have read/used the CD-ROMs, what do you think?
Thanks for the feedback.

Hey, Ophelia! That is the book they use in the intro course for our IT program. It is a great text.

As far as the CD-ROMs go, I have had a few textbooks that included them (not the one you are using), and I find them to be redundant. Usually, I never take them out of the sleeve they come in.

I have that book laying around somewhere. I found it to be really good for ITP students. ;)

I read the book for my ITP. There was no CD back then.

I have the book ( I am currently in an ITP) and I have the cd study guide. I used it a little bit but I don't use the cd's that much unless I have an assignment out of them. When I have free time (which isn't very often) I would use those to help my receptive skills.

I've read it

I read version 4 and I found it to be informative. The CD isn't that good. I've done all the work included on them and I've found SEVERAL errors. Having the CD work as assigments is a bad idea in my opinion, its extremely hard to find th e answers from the text and the answer key even has errors.

Back