Jackson Hole, Wy

The*Empress

Reaction score
Have anyone go there?

Check out the picture... :)

jackson_hole_wyoming.jpg

You can go skiing, can have a wedding there, rafting, and snowmobiling.

Rachel Ray the tv chef went there....

Jackson Hole, WY
Rachael Ray explores the fun and flavor of the wild west in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. From a magnificent multi-grain waffle to red beans and rice with Elk andouille to grilled Quail, Rachael samples some of the best tastes this mountain town has to offer.

She had waffle...

4 eggs
1 quart milk
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
3 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup millet
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/3 cup cracked wheat
1 cup melted butter
Special equipment: waffle iron

In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, milk, and brown sugar. Add the whole wheat flour, oats, millet, sunflower seeds, all-purpose flour, cracked wheat, and baking powder. Mix until smooth. Add the melted butter and mix for about 5 minutes. Pour 1 cup of the mixture onto a preheated waffle iron. Cook until the waffle is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.

She had ELK meat, who ate that? :ugh2:

8 ounces dry red kidney beans
8 ounces smoked bacon, roughly chopped
8 ounces ham, diced
1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1 cup finely chopped bell pepper
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
8 cups chicken broth
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound elk sausage links
2 cups cooked rice
3 green onions, sliced

Cover the beans with 2-inches of water and refrigerate overnight.
Cook the bacon over medium heat in a large pot until crispy. Add the ham and cook until browned, about 4 minutes. Stir in the onion and bell peppers and cook until soft, about 5 mintues. Add the bay leaves, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Continue to cook for 3 minutes. Drain the beans and add to the pot. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 2 hours, or until the beans are very tender. Once the beans are tender, mash them against the side of the pot. Repeat approximately 10 times. Stir to distribute the mashed beans. Simmer about 20 more minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste.

Slice the elk sausage links lengthwise. In a medium skillet, sear the sausage until golden brown, about 7 to 10 minutes per side.

To serve, scoop cooked rice into the middle of a serving bowl. Ladle the red beans around the rice. Place a sausage link on top. Garnish with green onions.

Jackson Hole, Wyoming is one of my all-time favorite places out West! I am pretty sure those mountains in the picture above are the magnificent Grand Tetons as seen along your left as you drive north out of Jackson Hole on the way to the southern entrance to Yellowstone National Park! A glacier (can't remember it's name) can be seen in a huge saddle on the way up.

Yes i have

I have been there when i was 12 years old. I almost fell down a 2000 foot glacier there. Beautiful place, very pretty

I have not been to Jackson Hole yet, but I would love to go there perhaps next year! (hint, hint, sweetheart)

My bf's brother has a friend who hunted some elk, and brought back some elk meat. We have plenty of elk meat in the freezer and refrigerator. Elk meat is really good.

I've been there several times. I water rafted there and it was so much fun! I even skiied there too! I torn my right thumb ligment while skiing fast downhill! It was so damn painful! OUCH! LOL but now I look back and laugh at myself. Heh. Jackson, Wyoming, is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. :thumb:

They looks beautiful but never touch there before. Would love to going there :giggle:

Also I would love to trying Elk Meat! :thumb:

The*Empress said:
Have anyone go there?

Check out the picture... :)

jackson_hole_wyoming.jpg

These mountains are called "Teton." They even have a town there, called "Teton Village." I've been there. Awesome! The mountains are so beautiful to look at in real life. Pix are beautiful, but it's better if you see it with your own eyes and be there in person. :thumb:

almost "Deaf" In Wyoming!!

"Come on up here"!
The "Grand Teton's" FRENCH-Mountain guy's-1800's-Trappers/Guides...
"Look like three tit's"! "What hath God wroutgh?!"!! FANTASTIC views!!
loving it for almost 10 years! Can be a lonely place for a deaf guy.......
Not much to hear, anyway! Gratefull for every single day! Looking for
LOVE!..Single...almost deaf..Literate...smart (smart ass), With balance/
equilibrian deficiancies, (vertigo)...etc...etc..etc!
Jeff...in Jackson Hole!!

Jackson Hole, WY looks beautiful. I would love to go there someday. It looks like swiss landscape.

sequoias said:
Jackson Hole, WY looks beautiful. I would love to go there someday. It looks like swiss landscape.

i agree it does look like SWiss mountains.. ha.. my fiance supposedly take me to Yellowstone National park but dont know if we will have enough time or not? sighs.. we will be busy going to LV and Lord know what else? ha.. :D

Luckysmile23 said:
i agree it does look like SWiss mountains.. ha.. my fiance supposedly take me to Yellowstone National park but dont know if we will have enough time or not? sighs.. we will be busy going to LV and Lord know what else? ha.. :D

good luck on your plans this summer. :D I hope u will have fun.

I have been there twice. Last summer and 10 years ago. In fact I got a family of relative living in Idaho, right from the WY border by a couple miles. We actually see the mountain top of Grand Teton from the window of their house. Anyways, it took us 30 minutes drive to get to Jackson Hole from their house. It's very, very beautiful there. I'd love to go there again!

Luckysmile23 said:

you and i will go to Las Vegas first and then pike peak and yellowstone national park both. they look so awesome! i bet TJ and you will love. last time i photograhped them but all of my pictures was lost because i deleted accident in iPhoto.

two weeks vacation will be preferred?

starrygaze said:
you and i will go to Las Vegas first and then pike peak and yellowstone national park both. they look so awesome! i bet TJ and you will love. last time i photograhped them but all of my pictures was lost because i deleted accident in iPhoto.

two weeks vacation will be preferred?

Sound great.. but waiting on TJ's father if its ok with him TJ come with me to Wyoming. sighs!

i will see you soon this weekend and talk with tj father about. hopefully he will appriecate. I pray!

Back