ivy league club is accused of snobbery

and

Bronx - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Bronx contains one of the five poorest Congressional Districts in the U.S., (the 16th), but its wide variety of neighborhoods also includes the affluent Riverdale and Country Club.[9][10] The Bronx, particularly the South Bronx, saw a sharp decline in population, livable housing, and the quality of life in the late 1960s and the 1970s, culminating in a wave of arson, but has shown some signs of revival in recent years.[11]

Thanks..I know where it is but I was wondering what was wrong with the people there.

I have been to Queens, Manhattan, and Harlem but never to the Bronx. Isnt that where jennifer Lopez grew up...or Mariah Carey?
really? cool. but then... I don't think they've ever represented Bronx but tons of celebrities proudly represented Brooklyn/Harlem including P.Diddy, Eddie Murphy, etc. makes you wonder why, eh?

Too bad....
yes oh well. Every time we have holidays - I hate it because of Bronx people invading our popular vacation spots and ruining it for all. That's why I either do it locally with a small group of friends or go far somewhere else.

If you're really that curious - come by here when we have holidays like July 4th, Labor Day, etc. :)

I say, I do find your post most droll.

Ha...that view isnt always correct anyway as I am sure there are very nice people who are members along with the snobbish ones. :)

Ha...that view isnt always correct anyway as I am sure there are very nice people who are members along with the snobbish ones. :)

I don't deny it :giggle:

really? cool. but then... I don't think they've ever represented Bronx but tons of celebrities proudly represented Brooklyn/Harlem including P.Diddy, Eddie Murphy, etc. makes you wonder why, eh?

yes oh well. Every time we have holidays - I hate it because of Bronx people invading our popular vacation spots and ruining it for all. That's why I either do it locally with a small group of friends or go far somewhere else.

If you're really that curious - come by here when we have holidays like July 4th, Labor Day, etc. :)

Hey, I have been to South Philly and the ghettos of Baltimore. I can understand where you are coming from. Just really sad that because many are from the "ghettos" many of them have to resort to destructive behavior.

:lol:

Clubs in Texas are quite a bit more laid back. My experience has been mid level clubs (still rich) are more snobbish than the upper crust. Seems the mid levels like to pretend but the upper level people usually get over themselves.

Snobbiest place I have ever been is Port Royal Golf Club on Hilton Head.....and that place is open to the public. People are real jerks though.

Hey, I have been to South Philly and the ghettos of Baltimore. I can understand where you are coming from. Just really sad that because many are from the "ghettos" many of them have to resort to destructive behavior.

ah yes yes yes. I forget. now you get some idea about Yale Club members' beef about it. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if Yale Club leashed the room to say.. non-member Manhattanittes or NJ Bergen County but Bronx?

they're rowdy, messy, and discourteous.

:lol:

Clubs in Texas are quite a bit more laid back. My experience has been mid level clubs (still rich) are more snobbish than the upper crust. Seems the mid levels like to pretend but the upper level people usually get over themselves.

Snobbiest place I have ever been is Port Royal Golf Club on Hilton Head.....and that place is open to the public. People are real jerks though.

For me, the most snobbiest club members that I have met are usually from the Boston area..just my experience as I grew up in laid-back Arizona.

"Despite the stereotype that the Bronx (especially South Bronx) is a typical poor urban area of New York City, it is not true of the entire borough. The Bronx has much affordable housing (as compared to most of the rest of the New York metropolitan area, as well as upscale neighborhoods like Riverdale, City Island, Pelham Bay, Kingsbridge Heights, Woodlawn, and Country Club)."

that is true but... if I'm made of money - I would refuse to live in even rich area of Bronx. It's tiny... very tiny. You have to drive thru ghetto area, ghetto roads, frequently-jammed highways, etc.

For me, the most snobbiest club members that I have met are usually from the Boston area..just my experience as I grew up in laid-back Arizona.

snobby in what way?

ah yes yes yes. I forget. now you get some idea about Yale Club members' beef about it. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if Yale Club leashed the room to say.. non-member Manhattanittes or NJ Bergen County but Bronx?

they're rowdy, messy, and discourteous.

And they're snobs too.

snobby in what way?

They asked me if I could trace my family back to the Colonial Times and I said "No" and they were like "oh" and stopped the conversation. Ummm..ok.

They asked me if I could trace my family back to the Colonial Times and I said "No" and they were like "oh" and stopped the conversation. Ummm..ok.

:io:

That was one example..

Hey, it was fun debating with all of you. I learned a few things from this thread.

Tmw is my first day back at work since June 18th and I gotta get up EARLY...good night! I enjoyed this thread. :lol:

That was one example..

Hey, it was fun debating with all of you. I learned a few things from this thread.

Tmw is my first day back at work since June 18th and I gotta get up EARLY...good night! I enjoyed this thread. :lol:

:lol: and good nite!

btw - I think they said "oh" and left without looking like a fool because they don't have anything else to say and was hoping you'll have something interesting to say :dunno:

Boston is pretty bad. My wife and I flew there one time.....we stayed at the Ritz by the Common. Got there about 3pm and I told my wife to hit the bar and relax while I checked us in. She came up to me about 5 minutes later looking like she was about to cry. They kicked her out because of the way she was dressed. :lol: She was wearing very nice jeans and a silk top.... Welcome to Boston. (very stylish at the time)

simple - how do you feel if you're in expensive private place and some area is being rented out to non-members who are ruining everything?

I do not know what to say...

my parents do not let anyone rent this place because they own where they used for membership.

Back