ivy league club is accused of snobbery

It is common knowledge that ivy league clubs are full of snobby people.

is really insult people like my family, if I went to ivy league, will they called me snob?

txgolfer, are we snobs in the woodlands?! We're cool!

Never seemed snobby to me when I was there. I played alot of junior golf there in high school and I came from one of the not so nice neighborhoods (Alief). I also skipped school to go watch the Houston Open every year.

i grew up in the woodlands (one of first residents) and i promise you, contrary to what many said, it's not snobbery. we are awesome and normal people! :)

Urban Dictionary: The Woodlands

I definitely grew up in the woodlands; my brother went to this school. When I last lived in my old neighborhood, Land Rovers were all the rage at the time. It wasn't unusual to see [url="http://www.porsche.com/']Porches[/url] owners. I'm willing to bet many of the houses in my old neighborhood are worth more than a million dollars.

damn, you are a golfaholic! Isn't Alief like a rural town?

LOL no. It's a rough area in the SW corner. It's not as bad as the wards.....but I would advise walking through there at night if you are white. North of Sugarland and southeast of Katy. Alief was rural in the 60's but Houston swallowed it up in the 70's....right after we moved there.

It may be better now.....I haven't been back to that part in 20 years.

LOL no. It's a rough area in the SW corner. It's not as bad as the wards.....but I would advise walking through there at night if you are white. North of Sugarland and southeast of Katy. Alief was rural in the 60's but Houston swallowed it up in the 70's....right after we moved there.

It may be better now.....I haven't been back to that part in 20 years.

omg.. i looked on alief on wiki... sounds bad:

Allen G. Breed of the Associated Press wrote: "Alief is an impoverished, multicultural enclave where many of the business and street signs are in both English and one of several Asian languages. The district's 47,000 students speak nearly 70 tongues, and the number of students qualifying for free or reduced lunch over 90%."[10]

omg.. i looked on alief on wiki... sounds bad:

Allen G. Breed of the Associated Press wrote: "Alief is an impoverished, multicultural enclave where many of the business and street signs are in both English and one of several Asian languages. The district's 47,000 students speak nearly 70 tongues, and the number of students qualifying for free or reduced lunch over 90%."[10]

Yep.....home

We were famous when I was in high school because we had two high schools in Alief at that time. Both were connected by overhead hallways. You should have seen the riots on the weeks we played football and basketball against each other. Hospitals were busy.

sorry bud, but i am glad you turned out ok! :)

It was motivation.....I wanted out of there. :lol:

BTW......You might find this interesting.

All Alief ISD elementary, intermediate, and middle schools feed into Hastings as high school placement in Alief ISD is determined by a lottery: the lottery can result in either Elsik, Hastings, or Taylor. If a student was selected by lottery to attend a high school different from the high school of a relative currently attending or graduated from, the student may opt to transfer to that respective school.

That actually increases the violence because your next door neighbor might attend your rival high school. Or worse you, which happened to me, your best friend from five houses away might go to your rival high school. You couldn't wear a letterman's jacket on your own street without fear of being beaten or shot.

Back