It not easy to find Bible beleve lady that want to date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll send that dating link to my old friend school who is Christian. She's single and wants to find a Christian Guy.

Thanks for the link up there.

Last edited:
Please don't confuse *translations* of the bible with *different scriptures*.

There really is only one bible within the christian churches, although the Catholics do have a few extra parts to theres that aren't regarded by Protestants as authoritative.

The old testament is indeed the same as the Jewish scriptures, although that is very much over-simplifying the situation.

What actually becomes a far more divisive issue, is how the bible should be interpreted! Some people believe that a particular translation is particularly special, whereas others believe that tradition is more important, others are more interested in historical accuracy, and still others believe that uneducated people are unable to read and interpret the bible themselves, even with the Holy Spirit to guide them.

Yes - it over simplifies that differences between Christian and Jewish ... as a Theology and Seminary student, I've of course studied this topic extensively. I didn't think elaborating would be of benefit in this specific thread.

Regarding the issues of interpretation ... I honestly wish that more Christians would take Theology courses ... it would truly make a tremendous difference in most Christians lives since they would have the opportunity to learn sooo much more about their faith (rather than relaying solely on the teaching of their Priests/Pastors/Lay leaders etc ... who always teach with a certain "bias" (not that this is right or wrong, it simply "is"). I learned more about my faith and the offical teachings of the Church (both catholic -small"c", and my particular denomination) in the first 6-8months than I had in a life time of active & educated Church life. This belief is not just my own, it's actually shared by most Lay and Ordained leaders, who see daily how well meaning individuals are mis-interpreting the true teachings of their church (completely unaware they are doing so)

Regarding the Apocryphal & Deuterocanonical texts of the Christian bible ... various specific texts, or grouping of texts are to various extents, in various denominations either officially or unofficially accepted or dismissed. For (most if not all) Seminary Students all texts are studied to some degree including the Canonical, Apocryphal, Deuterocanonical, Pseudepigrapha, DSS etc. as a means of creating a complete understanding of not only the process/history of the Faith but also to be fully educated on the various additional interpretations, doctrines and documents that are part of our Early Christian Life.

Regarding the Apocrypha and Deutercanonic texts - not all protestants dismiss their use, in fact the COE and Anglican Church both sanction their use and study and in some points of the Christian Year (as part of the Revised Common Lectionary)read from the Texts in formal worship. It's also worth pointing out that their are a few Apocrypha&Deutercanonic texts that are not used by the Catholic Church (meaning RCC).

Hope that clarifies things ... I just didn't want to go all "seminary/theological College" in my post without cause ;)

The important point for deafironchef is that he wants a girlfriend who shares the same beliefs and doctrines, which is why he mentioned "same" Bible. It's not to start a theological discussion.

to make girl think it's impressive that guy go church. So, she would spread legs for him and up there.

One of dumb old trick book

Unless, he is for a real who need a nice-neat girlfriend to be marry. She said "Thank god!"

WHOA YOU IN WORNG ZONED

it not about that

i been pray for this and try find right one

i do not want to be same in my family

i want to show dad that " i been married for 15 year and not move on other women " that kind to prove dad because of my faith with that women !

behind it hard for me to find and i like someone who read same bible it more easy and same belive

i am not here to find one night stand or use her as my sex toy NO WAY IN GOD's EYE WOULD I !!!!

please do not misstond other people because one of them will be my wife but you might mess it up ....

The important point for deafironchef is that he wants a girlfriend who shares the same beliefs and doctrines, which is why he mentioned "same" Bible. It's not to start a theological discussion.

Exactly why I didn't elaborate on things in my first post ... ;)

i am not here to find one night stand or use her as my sex toy NO WAY IN GOD's EYE WOULD I !!!!

:ugh: Date is the same meaning as just using to know someone, wasting time just get to know and dump her if not right one. It can be leading to sex too and break up sooner or later after finding she's not the right type. That is NOT a love, NOT a committed relationship (or courtship) or a friendship. So that is not Christian way. God forbids the act of term - dating. I thought you knew better. You should read carefully in the Bible that there has no saying about date or dating topic because it was a man-made action in the turn of the century! Even worse man-made action for worthless foolishly lust just a couple of decades before 21st Century....it's still getting worser now. Oh, geez why do I have to teach you this? You're in your twenties...it's every parent's responsiblity and yourself knows what's right and wrong (use common sense by reading the factual history, not peer interacts and its bad influence), biblical proper to teach moral values and integrity...use the common sense, dontcha?

:ugh:

I'm sorry but I have to say this, the way of your OP thread sounds like you're possibly desperated and may or may not be sexually frustated. Why would one Christian boy rush by seeking the right one? If you are true Christian and you DON'T need to ask or beg people to help you finding the right one and provide you a website here. That's so senseless and sick....Only can you find one is from God finding one for you! Plain and simple! Sheesh!

Well if she and i have different bible then she and i will have different thought ?
then that will not work out

i prefer kjv bible

You could try having yourself cloned as a woman then she will just like you! are you afraid of meeting women that will disagree with you ? Will the woman have to agree with everything you say , or is she allowed to have her own thoughts . It sound like you're looking for a woman to control .

WHOA YOU IN WORNG ZONED

it not about that

i been pray for this and try find right one

i do not want to be same in my family

i want to show dad that " i been married for 15 year and not move on other women " that kind to prove dad because of my faith with that women !

behind it hard for me to find and i like someone who read same bible it more easy and same belive

please do not misstond other people because one of them will be my wife but you might mess it up ....

I do not think that is fair to a woman to marry her so you can prove something to your dad. If I knew a guy married me to prove something to his parents I would really upset.

Deafironchef is correct.

The Bible does say for Christian couples to not be unequally yoked; that is, Christians are supposed to marry like-minded other Christians.

It doesn't make sense to marry someone with whom there would always be spiritual conflict.

:ugh: Date is the same meaning as just using to know someone, wasting time just get to know and dump her if not right one. It can be leading to sex too and break up sooner or later after finding she's not the right type. That is NOT a love, NOT a committed relationship (or courtship) or a friendship. So that is not Christian way. God forbids the act of term - dating. I thought you knew better. You should read carefully in the Bible that there has no saying about date or dating topic because it was a man-made action in the turn of the century! Even worse man-made action for worthless foolishly lust just a couple of decades before 21st Century....it's still getting worser now. Oh, geez why do I have to teach you this? You're in your twenties...it's every parent's responsiblity and yourself knows what's right and wrong (use common sense by reading the factual history, not peer interacts and its bad influence), biblical proper to teach moral values and integrity...use the common sense, dontcha?

:ugh:

I'm sorry but I have to say this, the way of your OP thread sounds like you're possibly desperated and may or may not be sexually frustated. Why would one Christian boy rush by seeking the right one? If you are true Christian and you DON'T need to ask or beg people to help you finding the right one and provide you a website here. That's so senseless and sick....Only can you find one is from God finding one for you! Plain and simple! Sheesh!

OK, i never get on this site and throw my ideals around at other people, but buddie let me tell u, this person has every right to go and seek his hearts desire regardless religion or what it is! just the same as u or i do as well! Everyone is making a big deal out of what this post is asking!! good grief! leave the man alone, what is wrong with you!?! all the man is asking is a simple uncomplicated question, hes not askin what the H-ll u think about it sir! SO, unless you can contribute to answer his question, then leave the poor guy alone!

To answer your question, you can do a google search of websites online key word christian dating. That should pull up several sites or maybe look into other babtist churches in/or around your town. maybe go on a mission with others of like mind as you. but, most of all just be your self and be honest about what you are seeking. God Bless and good luck! Everyone, yes everyone ,deserves to find a companion in this world if they so disire! I wish you well, and dont listen to the people in this world out to make everyone miserable just because they have issues themselves. Be bold sir and sorry to offend everyone but i wont sit and watch someone be bullied! not even on this site!!! Ive said my peace..:ty:

For you, deafannieboo

What's Wrong With Dating?

Fact: Our dating system does not biblically prepare men and women for marriage.

The modern dating system does not train people to form a relationship. It trains them to form a series of relationships, and further trains them to harden themselves to the break-up of all but the current one. At the very least, this system is as much a preparation for divorce as it is for marriage. Whenever the other person starts to wear a little thin, you just slip out the back.

Consider how our system works. A young man notices a young girl who attracts him. He asks her out on a date, and she agrees. If neither one likes the other, then they both have had a bad experience. If they initially "hit it off" and continue the relationship, then the eventual temptation to engage in sex is strong, especially if they happen to be teenagers, still under the roof of their parents. And of course, if during the dating period one of the "sweethearts" is interested in staying together but the other has a change of heart and wants out of the relationship, the possibilities for emotional snarls and interesting complications are almost endless.

A Modern Way of Thinking

Dating was invented within the last 200 years. Prior to that time, marriage always involved much more input from the parents, and "trial relationships" leading up to marriage (what we now call "dating") were not conducted at all.

Dating arose out of the eighteenth century philosophical movement we now call "Romanticism" which emphasized, among other things, passion rather than logic. Writers such as Rousseau lamented that Western civilization had fallen into the "error" of exalting reason over feelings. He proposed making decisions based on emotions rather than intellect.

This philosophy had far-reaching implications, impacting the arts, literature, government, and many other areas of society. Of interest to our discussion, though, is its effects on relationships between men and women. While love between husbands and wives has always been assumed, it was generally not perceived as a pre-requisite for entering marriage. Rather, it was understood that married partners would grow to love one another. Other factors in weighing marriage decisions were generally considered to be more significant.

But the fact is that dating was entirely unknown at the time the Scriptures were given to us. This means that for those who take the Bible seriously should consider what the Bible has to say on the formation of families.

Problems with Dating...

Dating promotes lust and moderate sexual activity, opening the door for fornication.

Dating develops a self-centered, feeling-oriented concept of love.

Dating creates a permanent endorphin-bond between two people who will not spend their lives together.

Dating teaches people to break off difficult relationships, conditioning them more for divorce than marriage.

Dating develops an appetite for variety and change, creating dissatisfaction within marriage.

Dating lacks the protections and guidance afforded by parental involvement of courtship.

Dating doesn't prepare children to face "life's realities"

Dating devalues sex and marriage.

Dating leads to intimacy but not necessarily to commitment.

Dating tends to skip the "friendship" stage of a relationship.

Dating often mistakes a physical relationship for love.

Dating often isolates a couple from other vital relationships.

Dating, in many cases, distracts young adults from their primary responsibility of preparing for the future.

Dating can cause discontentment with God's gift of singleness.

Dating creates an artificial environment for evaluating another person's character.
[/COLOR]

There's more.

So the way of your post incidates that it's ok for him to find a companion to ab/use as he pleases as many as he finds until the right one to marry? Wow. I find it absurd. M-okay.

Don't tell me to google....too late. This is not 2001. :aw: And you're telling me to seek a companion? you meant the right one?...uh hello I'm with my man of 5 years. Think twice and your way of putting it in as Christian Dating...that's way too conflict. Maybe you should read more carefully in the Bible as well you google for more.... such as "what's wrong with dating?, Goodbye Dating educational story book, and etc. =)

Are you saying that people shouldn't date?

I don't see how you guys could understand his posts or take him seriously. I mean come on all you have to do is look at him and know that he is beyond any help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back