It Happen again! Mother left kids hot car to get hair cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
In saw a dog in a car in the parking lot of Safeway today. It was after the cold front has passed through and it was about 70 degrees at the time, not the 95 degrees it was a few hours before. However, because of the education I have received about temps inside cars despite it being cool outside recently because of that infamous case, I reported it. Police came and took over.

Also, this thread and the other threads here on AD made me aware of my responsibilities as a citizen to protect our pets. Before, I never thought of it that way and probably would have thought it wasn't my business. Not anymore. I just couldn't ignore it. Education is a powerful thing to have.

What did the police do to help the dog and good job in reporting this.

Big mistake

My parent did to me when I was little kid and turned out to be fine. :dunno:

It is okay in rural area, but I won't do it in suburb or urban, anyway.

My parent did to me when I was little kid and turned out to be fine. :dunno:

It is okay in rural area, but I won't do it in suburb or urban, anyway.

HUH ?? You don't think a car can get too hot in the rural area and that why it's OK ???

HUH ?? You don't think a car can get too hot in the rural area and that why it's OK ???

You can't read my post - I'm said car with AC running. *DUH*

Some parent left spare key in car with AC running and make habitable to stay in car.

If car parks in deep forest with cool temperature, low humidity so it is safe to leave in car without running the car with AC.

I didn't stay to watch.. I needed to go home to get dinner for my daughter.

If you can stay then stay and watch till law enforcement shows up but do it from a distance to avoid confrontation its hard to tell if someone is violent or carrying a weapon now days but get the tag # and make/model/color of vehicle and keep then watch from a safe distance. If the police show up flag them down and show them where it is sometimes (like in Walmart parking lot) it will be hard to find the vehicle or if the person leaves call back in and inform them they left and give the vehicle info so a cop can pay them a visit.

EDIT: if anyone sees a small child in a vehicle alone use 911 and if the child is in distress by all means break a window~

You can't read my post - I'm said car with AC running. *DUH*

Some parent left spare key in car with AC running and make habitable to stay in car….
What happens to the kids if the car or AC quits running? What happens if someone breaks in and steals the car with the kids in it? What happens if the car goes into gear?

Very dangerous.

If you can stay then stay and watch till law enforcement shows up but do it from a distance to avoid confrontation its hard to tell if someone is violent or carrying a weapon now days but get the tag # and make/model/color of vehicle and keep then watch from a safe distance. If the police show up flag them down and show them where it is sometimes (like in Walmart parking lot) it will be hard to find the vehicle or if the person leaves call back in and inform them they left and give the vehicle info so a cop can pay them a visit.

EDIT: if anyone sees a small child in a vehicle alone use 911 and if the child is in distress by all means break a window~

Yes, sometime, I see children alone in car and they just sit calmly so it looks like AC running or isn't hot in car, especially in fall and winter. If they rocking against the windows so I will know about something is wrong like hot in car.

It is stupid to left kids in hot car, so take kids or running the AC.

What happens to the kids if the car or AC quits running? What happens if someone breaks in and steals the car with the kids in it? What happens if the car goes into gear?

Very dangerous.

1) Never happen to me about AC quits running but no way for me to left my kids if it is more than 10-15 minutes. I instruct my kids to use texting if there is problem with car.

2) I will NEVER left kids in urban or suburb due to child kidnapping, but rural is safe. You could put clubbing on it if you are concern about car theft.

3) Teach kids to not touch everything and I will NEVER left my kids if they are not mature to stay in car. Observe your kid's behavior and see if kid have more responsible and common sense.

1) Never happen to me about AC quits running but no way for me to left my kids if it is more than 10-15 minutes.

2) I will NEVER left kids in urban or suburb due to child kidnapping, but rural is safe. You could put clubbing on it if you are concern about car theft.

3) Teach kids to not touch everything and I will NEVER left my kids if they are not mature to stay in car. Observe your kid's behavior and see if kid have more responsible and common sense.
Personally, I would never risk my child or grandchildren that way. It's just not worth it.

Personally, I would never risk my child or grandchildren that way. It's just not worth it.

I have similar feeling too, but I do agree that kids are under 10 years old shouldn't left alone in car, even in cooler temperature or AC running.

I live in rural area that where crime is non-existent, except for traffic citation and some DUI cases, also LEO are very lax over minor stuffs.

1) Never happen to me about AC quits running but no way for me to left my kids if it is more than 10-15 minutes. I instruct my kids to use texting if there is problem with car.

If you leave the A/C on with engine off, it will drain the battery very fast. If you leave the A/C on with engine running, it will use up a lot of gas anyway.

I already have an emergency escape tool that is mounted in my Jeep (TCS has one, too). One end has a blade for cutting seat belts and the other has a metal point like a small hammer for breaking window glass. It's bright orange color for easy finding.

all cars should have one

It seems to me that we have been seeing more and more of this since parents were instructed to put kids in the back seat. That may be safer in case of a collision but could this be an unrecognized side effect of that change?

I really would like to know how others feel about the change to putting kids in the back seat and leaving them in the car by accident relate to each other.

Here's the thing. My kids are smart enough to get out of the damn car if it's that hot. They'd come find me or another adult and go... " it's ****ing hot! What's taking you so long? "

Seriously, why didn't the kids just get out and find their mom?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Here's the thing. My kids are smart enough to get out of the damn car if it's that hot. They'd come find me or another adult and go... " it's ****ing hot! What's taking you so long? "

Seriously, why didn't the kids just get out and find their mom?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Good point. It is the babies and pets who are trapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back