It Doesn't Seem Fun Anymore...Why?....

Steel said:
some ppl just dont really care since this is the internet we are using so...you dont really know other people online as in real life so if they try to get you pissed off or whatever, they are only doing this as their own part of entertainment so dont get this get to you anyway

That's so true, Steel! I think people who stay home and be depressed would use this as a form of entertainment to cause problems between people online, all because they were bored with their own lives and had nothing else better to do! :ugh:

^Angel^ said:
For the last month or so, things really seem to be ridiculous and not fun as it used to be here in AD....When I realize and see the good members are leaving or thinking of leaving and it makes me very sad and it's upsetting me!!

Why is this?.....

It seem like a couple members here always think that they have a ' way ' with words and how things are SUPPOSE to be like they act as if they are holding the reins which clearly shows control on their part with the way they post by jumping/attacking on innocent posters and even towards those that they dislike in here....It's obvious by how they come across with their own opinions like how they actually conduct themselves in another forum where they do partake in running....And bringing that sort of attitude and demeanor in here is really getting very disgusting and immature-like.....

The days of AllDeaf used to be alot of fun and members would get along sharing and telling things that were fun to hear and opinions that were respected and ideas that were helpful to use....It's hard enough for some of us to be in here when a couple members is putting down how we may feel or think as if we aren't human or good enough or can't quite use words to such an extent with the bottom line indicating that a couple of members act like they are too good or smarter for how they think or feel IS the only way or acting like they know it all when responding to the other good members who simply posting away without being inconsiderate or in a mean way as this couple of members who does so in wickedly way which they thrive on!!...

Another thing I would like to add is if there is someone you dislike, use common sense by taking it in ' PM ' , Don't humiliate them and making them look bad or feeling ' small ' ...It's distasteful and disrespectful when everyone can ' read ' it and also, it's a very unkind gesture on their part which fits quite well in a kindergarten setting/class instead of in here in AllDeaf!!!

It's not going to bother me if I am attacked with this thread I'm posting, but, honestly, it's how I do feel and I've been very patience and keeping my peace....although, I just HAD to say my piece and with uttermost desire from my heart IS hopefully some goodness will come out of this and put an end to these ridiculous acts shown on behalf of a couple of members here...let's just remember that AllDeaf was created for all of us and NOT just for a 'few' and NOT a place where a 'few' who can push the good members off...AND most definitely NOT a place where ' control ' seem to be the norm with little respect or regard for the other members!!

Let's put an END to this crazy madness once for all and bring back the fun and joy in AllDeaf!!! :thumb:

Why I would have to agree with you ^Angel^...I see your point here, and it's sadly true that there are a number of ppls. quitting or in the midst of doing so...and also, for the fact that some members tend to keep going on and on when it comes to anyone posting in here and a certain number of ppls. feel it's their 'duty' to step in and go about telling a certain poster with criticism by thinking that a certain way IS the correct way, etc.,...Alas, I have seen a few members get humiliated and can only imagine those members when they went in to post something and then someone would jump in and take it in a harsh way by putting down that particular person, imagining that person's intent being crushed or brushed off without respect...or even being courteous whatsoever!

It's time to ummm...chill out, breath in, breath out...enjoy the 'fresh air'...the things we do take for granted, it's time to uphold the courtesy and the respect throughout AD....!!! :cool:

Steel said:
some ppl just dont really care since this is the internet we are using so...you dont really know other people online as in real life so if they try to get you pissed off or whatever, they are only doing this as their own part of entertainment so dont get this get to you anyway

That's very true Steel, as it is for SOME ppl. who don't really care what or how they conduct themselves online, although, I must point out that in this forum or in others, the membership isn't like thousands of ppls...and also, there are a number of members here who have met others in real life...which is another consideration or view to look upon as well.... ;)

kuifje75 said:
I have been a member of this forum for over a year, and ^angel^, you are right. It WAS a peaceful forum where everyone basically enjoyed posting in here. I won't lie and say that AD has had its share of problems in the past, but ever since the arrival of certain new members in the past few months, it has been nothing but impossible lately. These new members do not know how to let it go. These new members seem to have a chronic problem of constant misunderstandings and taking things too personal, then go crying to their friends for support. This makes my teeth and bones itch too!

:werd: i agree! ive noticed that too *sigh* and ive been a member here on AD for over a year as well

^Angel^ Well Said Sis! :P

A forum should be a place to exchange ideas and to learn new things and having fun.....It isn't a place to be insulting or flaming or bashing.....I admit that I have done that in the past but now that is all in the past which I have kept cool for quite awhile.....If there is a problem, I would just go to Alex ....although, I have kept my word to date and will always be good on my word with Alex ..... :thumb:

It would be very nice to obtain information, to share ideas and find out interesting points of view without becoming a target for retribution.....If you are writing a post and think that it is harsh, take a step back for a moment and take a look at your post.....sometimes you might not realize what you may be doing but others might.....Instead of blaming others, some won't admit their mistakes, they either deny that it is their fault too or they put the blame on someone else for their own mistakes, there is only one way to get out of the guilt rut and that is to ask yourself very seriously and very honestly if you have done anything wrong? Putting the blame on someone else for the criticism you did will make others feel bad.....If you don't admit it, then you find someone else to blame on.....

Just My 2 Cents Worth.....;)

Steel said:
that very true!!! i agree with u... u got good point!!!

Some members don't realize how difficult it is for us moderators to have to handle personal beef that shouldn't even exist at AllDeaf in the first place. AllDeaf was created as a place to sit back, meet new people, and have healthy discussions without feeling uncomfortable about being attacked by others.

Those that don't give a damn, do yourself a favor and don't waste your time trying to piss someone off when you've got better things to do in life. You do have a life, don't you?

The last thing I wanna do is go on a banning spree. I've did it before, and I won't hesitate to do it again in order to have peace restored on my forum. Enough with the personal beef, please.

Thank you.

:werd: the three people im totally supporting on this angel, u said it right on the bat, steel I totally agree with u, kootchie Same here and i been here a yr too!

oh one more mention Tweety also i agree with yr point MAKE PEACE NOT WAR!

Steel just hit the nail right on the head, the internet is the internet. I'm not going to be chummy with y'all!

Ah I'm back..

Had a company and was cooking dinner at sametime...

*nodding* as agreed with few people here...

People do come and go...

I do come and go whenever I can..

Altho some people don't have time to read - like I do.. I dont have time to read every topic and some topics that I do take time.. My son comes first :)

However, If people doesn't get the idea/point about the topics/person or anything they should double check in pm. or whatever.. Otherwise just ingore and go on next one or whatever... that's what I often do..

I do not take any favorism either, all I know that if someone has a common sense of what life would be if you don't whines..

*thinking*
got to go..

I do agree with what I've read in here -- I have made a promise with myself in not getting too involved in any flaming or the sorts...I just stay neutral and not look at particular threads where there are fighting going on, etc.
I'd love it for this site to be peaceful and easy going once again. Although I won't leave at all -- just stay out of everyone's businesses. :)

Seem likes it always the same people whining over and over again
Here at AD over at the late DL and DN
Oh my goodness
Be happy drink beer lol

Well, i dont want to get involve in anybody's gripes, whining, rages etc..
Im just stayin neutral................
Its better if i keep my mouth shut unless it involves me! heh!
Its better if people would just PM to someone they are angry at..that way no
body gets involved into a dispute or any hurt feelings.
Its better NOT to say anything that you DONT agree with! Just PM that person in private not public..
Lets drink to P E A C E !!! :cheers:

Rotty said:
Oh my goodness
Be happy drink beer lol

Rotty, the smart and humble one, just said it! The same people that's whining over and over again here and at the other forum simply because they couldn't get things their way. They'd run crying to the other forum admin which ended up overwhelming the admin of the other forum. The other forum ended up closing shop. Sometimes it's not good to over-analyze everything and wish "niceties" were everywhere. You cannot wish the world was in your way, you can either try to work with the person or ignore them. I go to other forums and we are able to participate in debates and we don't whine to administrators. Why? We are mature people and know how to go to PM.

"Be a lady or gentleman and ignore them!" ~a wise person~

Here's one for you, Rotty and we'll toast to one, soon!! :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotty said:
Oh my goodness
Be happy drink beer lol

*cheer* Here's some beer
:beer:

Wendy

I wasn't a PostWhore in DN Like the Rest of you..I Mostly Sit back and Watch EveryOne Arguing back and Forth.. If you Notice that? Count My Posts... :mrgreen:

Some People think they are too Smart enough to know what exactly that person is talking about.. :lol:

Hey Rotty,. Pass the Beer Hon... :ily:

I have been here for three or four years or less I am not sure cuz times fly soooo fffasssstttt !!!!!!! lol so I have been with few elder members round here ... We do feel all of ya pretty much ... give them the newies to learn how to deal with convesations round here as they will gain the knowledges amongs us . sometimes some of us can be pain in azz lol... Just try to respect another peoples' comments or knowledges ... it is ok for everybody to feel bad or being crazy or something like that. and always remmy that some of us has been forgotten that this forums is internet's world ... lol smile ... so let's :dance: for fun !! all newies ppl are welcome to join the club with us ...

I am so sorry as to how you guys feel that way. I am a newbie to this though. I have been posting at other boards a lot. This is very similiar as here.

If anyone who are whining over different opinions, or complain about favorism or anything. ADM, Mod, owner of this baord are already overwehlemd by PM or on the posts. If anyone of you continue doing like this.. They will more likely to close this board like other boards that i have beenat.. I think this board is really valuable to everyone who have been here. I respect for that

ANYONE OF YOU WHO ARE WHINING, Just leave here and be cool then come back with fresh minds. That is impossible for everyone to agree on the same opinions or not.. JUST IGNORE IF THEY HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS THAN YOU DO BUT JUST RESPECT THEM.
If you dont do that then whoever will decide to close this board that we all can't afford to..

I know that I am not here that longbut seen it very similiar as other boards that i have been.

yeah i agreed w/ ya, Frisky Feline. I am newbie myself too and noticed that as same problems in other forums. respect each other 's feedbacks and opinions.

When I am a friend with people that other people dislike them. It is not necessary for me to follow their foot step like or dislike them. We can’t judge on other people. If a person dislikes me, it is his or her problem. He or she gets piss off because I was not on his or her side.

A person was a friendly to remind a person to expression of her or his feelings. It causes jump the conclusion and attack on other people which is not necessary.

If you do not like my friend, it is your problem. Get a life! An intelligence people are not necessary to be oppressive on the members if they dislike their opinion or honestly expression of their feelings. We can’t be argue or upset for 24/7 on the Internet.

I have my life to focus on my family, friends, jobs, boyfriend, home and lovely my cat, Pumpkin.

REMIND: the Moderators and Owner is not our babysitter for 24 hours a day with seven days. We need to respect other members and enjoy in this forum. We should be thankful for Alex who established this :deaf: AllDeaf form to make everyone to make friends. If we do not have this form, AllDeaf. We would NEVER make any friends.

Think about this… Enjoy as much as we can. Our life is short !

Back