Israel allows same sex marriage.

Your Mom

Reaction score
Funny how we view Israel as being stuck in the past, and as a nation that restricts people more than it helps them.

But recently israel has is now recognizing same sex marriages that were preformed abroad. Thats more than can be said for americas view on same sex marriage.

Al Jazeera English - Middle East

Ah, interesting. I guess all the gays and lesbians are going to move to Isreal? ;)

Ah, interesting. I guess all the gays and lesbians are going to move to Isreal? ;)

Well Israel isnt allow gays and lesbians to get married there, but they are saying that if for example, you go to Canada, get married, and come back to Israel you will be granted all the same rights and privileges that are set for all married persons.

Moving there, something in my gut tells me to doubt that. ; o)

Yay for Isreal I know that some Jewish people are open minded just like me! :dance2: Meh ..some people obivously don't know about them yet pass their religion of Orthrox, Reformed, Conserative and Messianic Judaism.

Well Israel isnt allow gays and lesbians to get married there, but they are saying that if for example, you go to Canada, get married, and come back to Israel you will be granted all the same rights and privileges that are set for all married persons.

Moving there, something in my gut tells me to doubt that. ; o)

How about USA? If anyone who got married in Canada then return to USA.

Does would force to get divorce or abandon their marriage information?

True! I wonder the same thing as well! I support gay/lesbian marriage no matter what! Important is to love each other and trust each other as well!

I really don't belong to any religion, but if someone feels their soulmate is the same sex as them, then the country should allow it. But not put a loop hole where they have to go to a different country to get married. That is soo stupid and weird. Sorry, that is just my opinion. They should either allow it and allow them to get married in their country or just over throw the gov't. I feel that no gov't should bann same-sex marriage.

The U.S does not recognize gay marriages from Canada, sorry to bear the bad news.

As for Israel, that's interesting to hear considering their current racist policy on not allowing Chinese immigrant workers to have sexual relationships with Jewish women. And of course, the state itself is pretty violent, so I'm not sure why this has happened, nor do I think it changes the status of Israel as a brutal colonial power...even though I'm a queer and this is nice news I can't help but feel too much solidarity with the victims of Israeli military terror.

Okay possibly I didnt explain this correctly. In the united stated, if a couple were to get married in boston, or married in canada, or wherever would legally marry them. Upon their return to the united states, once they cross the US border, they are not consider a legally married couple. They are no different than they were before.

For example with a straight couple that gets married in las vegas, they can then go back to their home state and their home state will recognize that marriage no different than if they got married in the home state.

This matters because each different state has different state rights and benefits regarding married couples, different state tax cuts, state insurance rights, if their spouse was in the hospital regardless of what state they were in their marriage would be legal and they would be allowed to make medical decisions for them.

However, with a homosexual couple, if they got married in canada or boston, but came back here to the united states once they cross that border to their home state, that marriage is not considered legal. Its simply not recognized so you cant legally put married on your tax documents, insurance, student loans, whatever information you fill out, you would not be considered a legally married couple.

But Israel has now made it so that if you go to Canada, or wherever and get married they will accept that marriage as 100% EQUAL to a straight couples marriage. You get 100% of the same rights, both federal and state.

The U.S does not recognize gay marriages from Canada, sorry to bear the bad news.

As for Israel, that's interesting to hear considering their current racist policy on not allowing Chinese immigrant workers to have sexual relationships with Jewish women. And of course, the state itself is pretty violent, so I'm not sure why this has happened, nor do I think it changes the status of Israel as a brutal colonial power...even though I'm a queer and this is nice news I can't help but feel too much solidarity with the victims of Israeli military terror.

I agree in full, i think its a bit ironic showing their current state of affairs. But two men had gotten married, and came back to their home in Israel. And on Israels ID cards (like our licenses id) they show if they are married or not. These two men had been together for many years and they wanted it put on their ID cards as being married. So it went to their court system and was eventually ruled in favor.

I actually expected India to come well before Israel. I do not think that in any manner Israel is some magnificent country now, by any means. But I do find it odd that a country that is so far behind on anything progressive, has allowed something that not even the united states can see as being accepted.

This link gives us an interesting read on gay issues in Israel.
Gay rights in Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Israel, they have two movies which involves with homosexual issues. One is about two soldiers in the Israeli Army, called "Yossi v Jagger." Another one is called "Walk on Water." Both are wonderful films to watch.

Israel might appear to be a backward country, but I don't think so. There is so much struggle there, and the current government is just a stinky one. They need to have the return of the Liberal government which ruled in the 90s.

This link gives us an interesting read on gay issues in Israel.
Gay rights in Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Israel, they have two movies which involves with homosexual issues. One is about two soldiers in the Israeli Army, called "Yossi v Jagger." Another one is called "Walk on Water." Both are wonderful films to watch.

Israel might appear to be a backward country, but I don't think so. There is so much struggle there, and the current government is just a stinky one. They need to have the return of the Liberal government which ruled in the 90s.

Also I forgot to mention that south africas parliment has now passed gay marriage and its now only depending upon the presidents signature. I just find if ironic that the united states looks at countries such as south africa, and israel as being such horribly discrimination countries (to which I agree on almost every account) I just find it odd that here are these countries, that are so back woods compared to America, and they are legalizing something that is still considered so taboo in america?

The government in Israel, I would argue is rather corrupt.

I guess its easier to overthrow apartheid and then pass gay marriage within barely 2 decades in South Africa than it is to release the stranglehold conservatives have on the U.S.
Sorry American friends, that sucks. If you ever need to get married in Canada you're welcome to stay with me...

The south african president just signed the bill so now gay marriage is legal in south africa. Isnt america supposed to be this big progressive country? Or did I miss something?

a progressive country, my arse! America is a country still bound to old-fashioned religious morals and values, that it cannot even move on forward towards humanity. People escaped Europe to seek "progressive" religious freedom in the New World, only to exclude these who do not subscribe to their beliefs.

a progressive country, my arse! America is a country still bound to old-fashioned religious morals and values, that it cannot even move on forward towards humanity. People escaped Europe to seek "progressive" religious freedom in the New World, only to exclude these who do not subscribe to their beliefs.

I could not agree with you more. As much as America likes to think its this progressive democracy its just holding its self back by all of these absurd ethical standards that we are held to.

I think that the States are now facing a huge problem. It can either bounce back and become a strounger country, or it can fail and fall like Rome. There has not been 1 great nation that has lasted for hundreds of years. Every country has fallen some how and was able to rebuild but fell again. No great nation stayed as a great nation for that long.

I think that the States are now facing a huge problem. It can either bounce back and become a strounger country, or it can fail and fall like Rome. There has not been 1 great nation that has lasted for hundreds of years. Every country has fallen some how and was able to rebuild but fell again. No great nation stayed as a great nation for that long.

I must say I agree, and to be rather blunt about it, americas down fall will be its arrogance. Not just the government but the citizens them selves, we think we are invincible that we cant be touched or harmed. I hate to see it come to this but right now our nation is so terribly arrogant and stands on this soap box refusing to get off.

I think its amazing that we have the resources to help other counties, and do help when in need. And I think its admirable that we do try to help out others, but i just keep thinking who died and made the USA king? We need to take our respective place in this world just like every other country. We may not agree with how other counties rule their land, and im sure most countries dont agree with how we rule ours. But just simply isnt our place to run around telling others how we think it should be done.

And frankly my personal opinion is the only reason the US even bothers to help and tries to control other counties is that they know they have been arrogant and rude in the past and soon its going to come and bite them in the butt. They are so scared that some other country will be more powerful then them, and the second someone else has more power than the US, the first people they will want to knock out, will be the united states.

So we really arent doing it to be nice, we are being bullies to make sure we are the only country in this world that has the most power because the second we lose any bit of power, everyone will be all over us.

I must say I agree, and to be rather blunt about it, americas down fall will be its arrogance. Not just the government but the citizens them selves, we think we are invincible that we cant be touched or harmed. I hate to see it come to this but right now our nation is so terribly arrogant and stands on this soap box refusing to get off.

I think its amazing that we have the resources to help other counties, and do help when in need. And I think its admirable that we do try to help out others, but i just keep thinking who died and made the USA king? We need to take our respective place in this world just like every other country. We may not agree with how other counties rule their land, and im sure most countries dont agree with how we rule ours. But just simply isnt our place to run around telling others how we think it should be done.

And frankly my personal opinion is the only reason the US even bothers to help and tries to control other counties is that they know they have been arrogant and rude in the past and soon its going to come and bite them in the butt. They are so scared that some other country will be more powerful then them, and the second someone else has more power than the US, the first people they will want to knock out, will be the united states.

So we really arent doing it to be nice, we are being bullies to make sure we are the only country in this world that has the most power because the second we lose any bit of power, everyone will be all over us.

:gpost: I also think cause some ppl have their hands in other countries pockets and trying to make theirs bigger, they have lost connection with the working blue collar and needs to fix it now. It is totally sad that it has come down to it and everything. We need to get back to us and us alone. We need to stop worrieing where we get the next barrel of oil from and everything. I also think that gas prices should go up to 5 dollars a gallon and everything. Then maybe we can get the trail system and bus service working again and be more into public transit system. Germans pay that much for gas and you don't see them complaining abt it. We Americans are just to greedy and what way too much for only a penny.

Back