ISO: Loaner/Try-b4-Buy Program in California

Applesseed

Reaction score
Hi there.

I recently bought a new set of BTE hearing aids (never had them before) and has been looking at some hearing aid compatible devices for listening to music and/or talking on the phone. I'm hoping to find a way that I can listen to music on my iPod, and then use it on my cell phone (I'm hearing, and do not know ASL). My cell phone is also bluetooth ready.

I came across devices below:

NoizFree Dual Silhouette

Epic by HATIS

ClearLink CL002 Dual Silhouette Hooks

I also understand there are some neckloop as oppose to ear hooks - do they work well; should I go with the neckloop route?

The Beetle H-2ST Bluetooth Headset caught my eye as it comes with the following:

- Neckloop, and
- choice of single or twin earhooks
- Bluetooth compatible

The H-2ST might be the one I'm looking for, yet, a heavy price tag.

Sure, I know of Bluetooth "boots" for BTEs, but they're not compatible with the Unitron Yuu HA.

My question for everyone here, especially for the California residents, do you know of any programs or vendor that would loan for a certain fee or has some sort of a "try-before-you-buy" program? I don't want to purchase a hefty price tag device, and later on regret that I don't want the item and pay for a restocking/shipping fee. I want to try before I buy. Does any vendor exist around? I live about 20 miles from Los Angeles, CA if that helps.

Unfortunately my audiologist isn't "up-to-date" with current technologies like earhooks and neckloops so she doesn't know much about accessories for HAs.

I did a search on this site called CATE without any luck.

Thanks in advance.

Back