ISO HA compatible headphone ... ClearSounds / NoizFree

Applesseed

Reaction score
I've lived without hearing aids until just recently. I'm a music junkie so I have several types of headphones - earbuds and over-the-head type.

Recently I just got hearing aids, the Behind-The-Ear (Unitron Yuu). My audiologist didn't recommend CICs because it wouldn't help due to my hearing level.

So I'm looking for a way to listen to music, and talk on my cellphone - I do get a lot of calls while driving.

I've search the internet and I found these neat technologies that I didn't know existed. They're the following:

ClearLink CL002 Dual Silhouette Hooks
ClearLink CL002

NoizFREE
NOiZFREE Solutions for hearing aids & cochlear users

... questions is... does anyone has any experience on these two devices? I'm hoping to find an HA compatible headphone, or "loop" to connect to my mp3 player AND cellphone. Or else I'd just have to spend the extras on one "loop" that is compatible with my cell phone, and one compatible with any devices that uses 3.5mm plug.

I already have a 3.5mm Male to 2.5mm Female plug adapter so that's not an issue.

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend that you check with your hearing aids company and see about getting boots that connects with hearing aids.

Then go to The Hearing Loss Help Co. to get dai cord.

I would take that cord and plug directly into hearing aids and whatever you are using to listen to music.

I find that to be best way to listen to music.

you are welcomed to PM me if you want more information.

Edit:
I read your post again and realized that you also need a cord for cell phones also. I would check with hearing loss help and see if they have a cord that will work with cell phones. If not, I would contact the website and tell him what you need. He didn't have what I was looking for and when I told him what I needed and paid for it. He had it made to my specs.

Last edited:
I would recommend that you check with your hearing aids company and see about getting boots that connects with hearing aids.

I would take that cord and plug directly into hearing aids and whatever you are using to listen to music.

Edit:
I read your post again and realized that you also need a cord for cell phones also. I would check with hearing loss help and see if they have a cord that will work with cell phones. If not, I would contact the website and tell him what you need. He didn't have what I was looking for and when I told him what I needed and paid for it. He had it made to my specs.

Thanks for the response! I've searched the web, and the manufacturer of Unitron and they don't carry any accessories or compatible devices with my hearing aid. I'll take a look at the web-site and give it a shot - maybe I can find something good in there. Thanks again!

Edit:

This member can't PM you because of under 100 posts, however just use email.

Cochlear America need to come out with bluetooth plugin.. I dont like existing BT system they offer (forgot the name) which require carrying 2nd handheld device (interface between BT phone and CI)..

alright so other than those t-coil ear hooks... anyone has or uses t-coil neckloop?

I prefer the t-coil earhooks over the neckloops. From my experience of using neckloops, music is too quiet, even with the cd player/ipod AND hearing aid both turned up to the max. But the earhooks, it's perfect. I've had to turn down the volume on my ipod the first time I used the ear hook, holy moly that was loud!

I use Hatis Epic ear hook, which you can find at the Harris Communications website. Expensive, but I felt it was worth the price. Have no idea how well the other 2 ear hooks work.

I prefer the t-coil earhooks over the neckloops. From my experience of using neckloops, music is too quiet, even with the cd player/ipod AND hearing aid both turned up to the max. But the earhooks, it's perfect. I've had to turn down the volume on my ipod the first time I used the ear hook, holy moly that was loud!

I use Hatis Epic ear hook, which you can find at the Harris Communications website. Expensive, but I felt it was worth the price. Have no idea how well the other 2 ear hooks work.
Yeah, I've noticed the same thing.

I did have a friend who used the necklace thing. He would wear it in class all the time. His professors did not like people listening to music in class through headphones... but they never knew my friend was listening to music. After all, it was under his shirt and like a necklace. Hehehe!

Back