Islamophobia just drove this boy and his family out of america

disappointed in humanity. If I could I'd let the boy and family stay with me (but since this isn't my house...).

Gotta thank Trump for all the bullshit he've been making lately...

Japaneses and Germans were targeted in the USA and Europe. My German mother was targeted easily in the US after post WW 2. I don't need to tell you what they did to my mom and German relatives. I was called a nazi several times when they found out what my background was. They had given me cold shoulder.

Europeans beat up people who were involved with Germans and German troops. They shaved women's hairs and stripped them down and made them parade on the street.

History does repeat itself.

Gotta thank Trump for all the bullshit he've been making lately...

To blame Trump for this seems... silly at best. If you want to go into the politics of it, Florida is an undecided state at the moment, from my information.
All of that aside.. I have two kids. A six year old and an 11 year old. AND I have fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. Do you not think that would make me more confrontational towards people from that area of the world? Maybe. If it did, would I not teach my kids the same? Probably. That being said, that isn't the way I am. And it's not the way they are because I taught them equality of all people. Because my parents taught me equality of all people.
You can push the blame where you like, but the fault, I feel, lies with the parents 99% of the time.
It is all too easy to cast the blame at a number of different things, but I feel the root of the problem is in the home.

Don't blame on Steel X for mention like that since Trump's messages does worsen and encourage the hate, violence and agitation against Muslim families, especially ban all Muslims from entering US and some citizens go after innocent Muslim people that aren't associate with terrorist. I have seen a lot of anti-Islam on social networking so I just avoid them at all charge.

Don't like Islam? Leave them alone and they don't have much power to influence on our political (beside local), also many Muslim families are proud of America, even they are religious, no difference when you compare them with religious Christians and Jews.

The terrorist is accounted about less than 1% of Islam, especially extremist, radical Islamist, even Christianity has terrorist organizations too (less than 1%).

North Carolina is toss-up as well.

Last edited:
All very solid points, and I appreciate your views.

There is a lot of fear going around that's really ramping up with how the media covers it and whatnot. I think we can all agree that we are in a sticky situation for sure.

And what Barbaro said is true as well. History repeats itself. The cycle will probably not be broken within any of our lifetimes. As the old saying goes, "Only the dead have seen the end of war." It definitely rings true in the time we are in now.

Other than that, I'm done getting into politics. Enough of it already jams up my Facebook so much that I don't even look at it anymore. I'll be glad for this to be over, and we get what we get. At least then I'll be able to look at Facebook again. :)

At any rate, it's a shame what happened to the boy. I can't imagine the destruction I would bring down if someone messed with my kids like that.

All very solid points, and I appreciate your views.

There is a lot of fear going around that's really ramping up with how the media covers it and whatnot. I think we can all agree that we are in a sticky situation for sure.

And what Barbaro said is true as well. History repeats itself. The cycle will probably not be broken within any of our lifetimes. As the old saying goes, "Only the dead have seen the end of war." It definitely rings true in the time we are in now.

Other than that, I'm done getting into politics. Enough of it already jams up my Facebook so much that I don't even look at it anymore. I'll be glad for this to be over, and we get what we get. At least then I'll be able to look at Facebook again. :)

At any rate, it's a shame what happened to the boy. I can't imagine the destruction I would bring down if someone messed with my kids like that.

Same here, I don't allow political discussion, especially president candidates on my FB page and it is getting tiresome with poisonous election, but sometime, I posted funny cartoons about both of them.

I don't want to turn my thread into political discussion, but I just gave a short example, that all so I just stay out of those debates. Yes, Barbaro is correct about history does repeat.

I used to stay in faculty housing with most Muslim students and they were nice and friendly, so I didn't feel agitated and most of them are from wealthy countries like UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman and Qatar. They follow Islamic diet but don't praying or execute the religious duties.

Yes, I feel bad for innocent families that are targeted by haters and some people thought I'm Muslim due to beard, so I told them - no, many men, regardless on religions have beard.

Honestly, even given my past, most of my run-ins with Muslims have been pretty awesome.
Even when we were patrolling the streets. They would a lot of times invite us in and feed us or give us ice water to drink. They were very nice. Sometimes they would even make this tea... Let me tell you. I'm a Southerner, and I love sweet tea, but the tea they made for us would make even Southern Style sweet tea taste not sweet it all. It was very good though and served warm.

So, it is a shame to discriminate based on religion. It would be the same as any other kind of discrimination. But once again.. history repeats, and apparently it's the Muslim's turn this go around. Wonder which will be next.. Christianity again? Maybe the Wiccan.. We shall see.

Maybe we should switch it up and not pick a religion to hate. Maybe pick an entire country to discriminate against next time? I feel like it's Australia's turn. Hehe.

Honestly, even given my past, most of my run-ins with Muslims have been pretty awesome.
Even when we were patrolling the streets. They would a lot of times invite us in and feed us or give us ice water to drink. They were very nice. Sometimes they would even make this tea... Let me tell you. I'm a Southerner, and I love sweet tea, but the tea they made for us would make even Southern Style sweet tea taste not sweet it all. It was very good though and served warm.

So, it is a shame to discriminate based on religion. It would be the same as any other kind of discrimination. But once again.. history repeats, and apparently it's the Muslim's turn this go around. Wonder which will be next.. Christianity again? Maybe the Wiccan.. We shall see.

Maybe we should switch it up and not pick a religion to hate. Maybe pick an entire country to discriminate against next time? I feel like it's Australia's turn. Hehe.

Interesting, I'm southern-midwestern hybrid because my grandfather was from midwestern states (Ohio, Missouri and Kansas) and my grandma is from southern states. I'm not fan of all teas, but sometime, I have to drink green tea with a lot of honey to make taste better. I do love fried foods with Sprite, but I have to cut it down to lose weight because obesity caused back pain, so I'm on reduced calorie diet, not low fat (they tastes bad). My doctor has put me on 1,600 calories for 5 days per week and 2,200 calories for 2 days per week, but sometime, I go over 1,600 but still less than 2,000. The reduced calorie diet will be lifted until my weight down to 200 lbs, but I have to maintain 2,200 calories, that it, or I could continue until 180 lbs. I know that men lose a lot of weight faster due to metabolism.

OMG, I love sugary foods, they tastes great, but I have to eat less.

Now, live in southern states are basically pointless for me because I can't drive due to Usher Syndrome so I have to wait for treatment or driverless vehicles, but I can still drive in several states, not in Alabama.

Last edited:
all i know is, i just feel sorry for the middle east and all the ways america fucked it all up. i have no problems with muslims but if i was one i'd probably drop the religion and move on with my life.

solution: don't be a muslim?

Really?

Okay.. Don't be a Christian... they're about as bad with discrimination and hatred as well.

No I don't see it that way. I don't care if a person is Christian or Muslim or atheist or Flying Spaghetti Monster... all I care about is how the person treats others and if they are respectful towards me and others. Everyone should be able to have the religion they prefer and not have to or forced to "drop it" just to satisfy others or "get on with their life"

In my Catholic school- we had 3 Muslims. Two were in my class. Never bothered me. From that experience I know that the majority of Muslims are just people just wanting to live their lives and a small percentage will subvert/abuse the religion to say violence is fine. Same with Christians.

Since this is now verging on discussion of religion...that's my last post.

Back